• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML CFL Week 7 >>>

9-6, +1.29 Units

2-0 last week....here's week seven...

Montreal -1.5 -105 vs Calgary - 2 units
    Fading the Stamps on an Eastern Trip on a short week. Remember the last time that happened....they got slaughtered in Toronto, after playing 5 days earlier in Saskatchewan (Weeks 2/3). Two road games from West to East, on a short week (again...5 days)....spells disaster for the Stamps, IMO. This team does not play well outside of the praries to begin with, let alone with this brutal scheduling quirk coming up for the second time this year. Calgary has some injuries on the D-Line, and I don't see Mr. Inconsistant, Henry Burris pulling out a special performance on the road at QB. The Als seem to be getting some confidence after sweeping the Argos in a back to back games...Calvillo is playing better, and I see them winning this one easy at home....but this is still completely a Stamps schedule fade.

Saskatchewan -3 -115 vs Toronto - 3 units
    I'll be seeing this one live, as my Riders make their yearly trip to Toronto. Not sure why this is only 3. I really thought this would open at 5 and maybe reach a TD by gametime. We have the hottest team in the CFL in Sask with a blowout win over Edmonton and a convincing road win over the CFL's best, Lions...and all-in-all a healthy, confident team. On the other side we have an Argo team in turmoil, forced to start their 4th string QB, and with many other injuries team-wide. The Rider's offence is clicking (most points in the league), the defence is playing great (#2 ranked defence)...and I don't see the lifeless Argos keeping this one within two TD's.

Hamilton +4.5 +100 vs Edmonton - 2 units
    Another head-scratcher....I loved the Ticats to win outright last week, and I like 'em to get their first road win this week. I know this Ticat team came out of the gate slow...but they had alot of changes, and they are now coming off two pretty good outings against a good Winnipeg team. They could have easily won the game in Winnipeg two weeks ago, losing a close one late, and then they come home and absolutely smoke the Bombers at Ivor Wynne. The Ticats have the leagues hottest player in RB Jesse Lumsden (211 yards rushing last week, in a non-rushing league), and have no where to go but up. On the other side, Edmonton got hammered by the Riders 2 weeks ago 54-14 (ouch), and then lost a close one to (normally futile on the road) cross-province rival Calgary. I don't see how they can be favoured by this much to anyone...let alone a Ticat team on the rise, with a dominant RB. Eskies also look to be banged up with playmakers Jason Tucker and Tyler Ebell likely out, steady Guard Comiskey gone, and defensive leaders Garrett hurting, and AJ Gass possibly out via suspension. I woulda guessed EDM -1 in this one, so I'll gladly take the points here.

GL :thumbs:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 08-08-2007, 11:04 PM.

Gl Jml.

Comment

GL JML :beerbang: just got done with tonights game and bet it...then I came in here:hide: they gave me cal +3:beer2:

Comment

Montreal cashes with the 12 point win. :thumbs:

Go Riders...

Comment

Adding Friday's late game...

BC Lions -4.5 -105 vs Winnipeg
          Have a feeling BC beats Winnipeg easily. I doubt BC loses 2 in a row at home. BC getting alot of players back for this one. BC by double digits.

2 Units

Comment

Saskatchewan cashes with the 11 point win. :thumbs:

Go Lions...

Comment

Working...
            X