Tyler Smith - Transfer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler Smith - Transfer

I just read, and was obviously unaware since this seems to shock me, that Tyler Smith transferred form Iowa to Tennessee and is apparently eligible for the Fall Semester? Bruce pearl is a beast!!! Smith is exactly the kind of player the Volunteers need... every good team needs a 3rd Smith, haha. But seriously, this team is a big time National Championship contender IMHO with Lofton and JaJuan Smith on the wngs, Ramar Smith running the point, and Wayne Chism, Tyler Smith and Ryan Childress up front. They have Arizona 6'7'' transfer JP Prince coming in for the 2nd semester and I'm sure they will reinstate 6'7'' banger Duke Crews at some point too (he was suspened indefinitely when the cops found marijuana in his room).

Here's a list of relevant transfers from I cut and pasted from Rivals.com:

Player
    Robert Vaden UAB from Indiana
    Eric Boateng Arizona State from Duke
    Josh Akognon Cal St.-Fullerton from Washington State
    Mike Williams Cincinnati from Texas
    Chad Millard Creighton from Louisville
    Bryan Harvey Fresno State from Louisville
    Rekalin Sims Fresno State from Kentucky
    David Palmer Iowa from Seton Hall
    Shawn Taggart Memphis from Iowa State
    Brian Johnson Mississippi State from Louisville
    David Huertas Ole Miss from Florida
    Jeff Xavier Providence from Manhattan
    Devan Downey South Carolina from Cincinnati
    Zam Fredrick II South Carolina from Georgia Tech
    C.J. Anderson Xavier Manhattan
    J.P. Prince Tennessee from Arizona
    Jamal Boykin California from Duke
    Pierre Marie Altidor-Cespedes Marshall from Gonzaga
    Tyler Smith Tennessee from Iowa
    C.J. Giles Oregon State from Kansas

Some intriguing names who left schools but aren't eligible to play til the 2008-2009 season:
    Sean McCurdy ARKANSAS
    Marquez Haynes BOSTON COLLEGE
    Rob Garrison CONNECTICUT
    Isaac Miles CREIGHTON
    Chris Gadley HOFSTRA
    Joey Shaw INDIANA
    Magnum Rolle LSU
    Kareem Cooper MEMPHIS
    Maurice Joseph MICHIGAN STATE
    Justin Cerasoli MISSISSIPPI
    Reginald Delk MISSISSIPPI STATE
    Richard Delk MISSISSIPPI STATE
    Chamberlain Oguchi OREGON
    Chris Lutz PURDUE
    Ollie Bailey RUTGERS
    Avery Patterson ST JOHNS
    Ryan Wright UCLA
    Joe Trapani VERMONT
    Sean Ogirri WICHITA STATE
    Last edited by CuseFan10; 10-15-2007, 03:02 PM.

Damn....that a helluva lot of movement. Doesn't anybody commit to a program anymore...LOL:beerbang:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
      Damn....that a helluva lot of movement. Doesn't anybody commit to a program anymore...LOL:beerbang:
      Ha Joepa - Those are only guys I felt were semi-relevant too. The list is triple that.

Comment

Amazing Cuse......and all we can get at Kent are these kinds of guys....However, we are going for our 10th straight 20+ win season and are favored to win the MAC and MAC tournament again this year:

Gabe Garcia
        Height: 7-0 Weight: 250
        Hometown: Sao Paulo, Brazil

An experienced player that gives the team size and skill in the post ... Has a soft touch around the basket.

Prior to Kent State: Played at Schoolcraft Community College in Livonia, Mich. under current Kent State Director of Operations Mike Brown ... Part of a team that won the 2007 MCCAA Tournament Championship after a 23-10 in the regular season and 13-5 East Division record ... One of four players from the Schoolcraft team to earn a Division I scholarship ... Produced six games with double digit rebounds and scored a season high 17 points against Macomb Community College.

Al Fisher
        Height: 6-1 Weight: 185
        Hometown: Pennsauken, N.J.

A transfer from Redlands Community College (Okla.) ... Is an electrifying offensive-minded player ... Should compete for time at the point guard position.

At Redlands (2006-07): Averaged 8.7 points, 3.1 assists and 2.7 steals per game ... Lead RCC to a 31-2 overall record and a No. 2 ranking in the NJCAA national poll at the end of the regular season ... One of seven players signed to a Division I scholarship under former coach Steve Eck ... Scored a season high 18 points against Seminole State in the NJCAA regional finals.

At Siena (2004-05): Played in 25 games ... Started in all but one of the team’s final 11 games ... Reached double-figures four times, including in each of the last three regular season games ... Posted a double-double with 11 points and 10 caroms against Rider (2/20) ... Averaged 9.8 mpg over first 18 games and over 28 mpg over final 11 ... Career-high 18 points in final regular season game against Rider (2/26) ... Scored eight points in 11 minutes against Pepperdine (11/18).
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
          If the coaches actually committed to a program the kids might to:laughing:

Comment

Working...
          X