X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one jumps out at me...

marquette +1.5

thoughts?

I personally think it's a good play....but unfortunately so does the public so far :bang:

I'll probably be on it anyway though....

Comment

I dont know who I will bet on in this one, but I do hope Michigan St wins this one.

Marquette would absolutley have no chance on the same floor against UNC. They basically play the same style offense with the up-tempo game. UNC would wipe the floor with Marquette. Michigan St will give UNC a much better game, they will use their half-court offense and tough defense to stick with UNC for most of the game, IMO.
      NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
      NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
      NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
      NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
        I dont know who I will bet on in this one, but I do hope Michigan St wins this one.

Marquette would absolutley have no chance on the same floor against UNC. They basically play the same style offense with the up-tempo game. UNC would wipe the floor with Marquette. Michigan St will give UNC a much better game, they will use their half-court offense and tough defense to stick with UNC for most of the game, IMO.
        I disagree. I definitely think marquette would lose to UNC, but they would be MUCH better competition than Mich State because of their style. You have to have a very good defense and very athletic players to force a running team into a half-court team, and Michigan St, imho, just doesn't have those players. Neither does marquette really, but Marquette stand a better chance of keeping up with UNC in an up tempo game. UNC would win a very tough game against Marquette.... But Marquette has some ballers. Perhaps you didn't watch them this year... although you MUST have seen them when they beat Duke by double digits... they also lost to Wisconsin by only 4, and beat texas tech. Be careful with writing off teams you aren't that familiar with.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
          I disagree. I definitely think marquette would lose to UNC, but they would be MUCH better competition than Mich State because of their style. You have to have a very good defense and very athletic players to force a running team into a half-court team, and Michigan St, imho, just doesn't have those players. Neither does marquette really, but Marquette stand a better chance of keeping up with UNC in an up tempo game. UNC would win a very tough game against Marquette.... But Marquette has some ballers. Perhaps you didn't watch them this year... although you MUST have seen them when they beat Duke by double digits... they also lost to Wisconsin by only 4, and beat texas tech. Be careful with writing off teams you aren't that familiar with.
          Im sorry but you havent watched UNC this year. Teams like Michigan St who play the halfcourt offense are exactly teams that UNC struggles with. They lost to NC St, they play a half court, slow it down game. They lost to Virginia Tech twice, who also plays the halfcourt game.

My one example who fits in perfectly with Marquette is Arizona. Both play the same kind of game and UNC went to Zona and won by 30. Michigan St obviously would be the tougher opponent for UNC.

You can just never say anything bad about a Big East team. lol:beerbang:

Comment

Im sorry but you havent watched UNC this year. Teams like Michigan St who play the halfcourt offense are exactly teams that UNC struggles with. They lost to NC St, they play a half court, slow it down game. They lost to Virginia Tech twice, who also plays the halfcourt game.

My one example who fits in perfectly with Marquette is Arizona. Both play the same kind of game and UNC went to Zona and won by 30. Michigan St obviously would be the tougher opponent for UNC.

I agree with GM.

Marquette would get run out of the gym.

Comment

pot, kettle, black

Comment

pot, kettle, black
                What are you talking about, I said Duke has a good chance to lose this Thursday. Not to mention it is our worst team in 10 years. Plenty of times this year I said Duke sucks after a game, doesnt mean I think the whole team sucks for this season.

But like I said, Marquette would play UNC and get waxed. It would be one of the more lopsided 2nd round games in the whole tournament this year. Maybe the most lopsided one.

Comment

I will admit I have not seen UNC enough to consider myself an expert or anything... only watched a few of their games this year... But I watched VaTech almost every week... They are somewhat local to me, and one of my best friends is an alumn.... I don't know how you can classify them as a half court team. They love to run, and it's not that often that they purposlly look to kill clock. I think you are way off base this year.... are you telling me that Va tech beat UNC 94-88 and 81-80 by playing half court basketball and slowing the game down? lol

I watched both of those games. VaTech won because they shot very well and got fouled a million times. NOT because they took UNC out of their gameplan.

Comment

What are you talking about, I said Duke has a good chance to lose this Thursday. Not to mention it is our worst team in 10 years. Plenty of times this year I said Duke sucks after a game, doesnt mean I think the whole team sucks for this season.

But like I said, Marquette would play UNC and get waxed. It would be one of the more lopsided 2nd round games in the whole tournament this year. Maybe the most lopsided one.
                    Maybe we'll find out.

Comment

I will admit I have not seen UNC enough to consider myself an expert or anything... only watched a few of their games this year... But I watched VaTech almost every week... They are somewhat local to me, and one of my best friends is an alumn.... I don't know how you can classify them as a half court team. They love to run, and it's not that often that they purposlly look to kill clock. I think you are way off base this year.... are you telling me that Va tech beat UNC 94-88 and 81-80 by playing half court basketball and slowing the game down? lol

I watched both of those games. VaTech won because they shot very well and got fouled a million times. NOT because they took UNC out of their gameplan.

First of all, UNC was down about 20 in the first meeting. They probably scored about 20 or 25 points in the final 4 minutes to make a magical comeback. So yes, they did slow the game down.

In the second meeting, the game went to overtime. So yes, they did slow it down. Do your research, just dont look at the final score.

Comment

First of all, UNC was down about 20 in the first meeting. They probably scored about 20 or 25 points in the final 4 minutes to make a magical comeback. So yes, they did slow the game down.

In the second meeting, the game went to overtime. So yes, they did slow it down. Do your research, just dont look at the final score.
                        ASSHAT, I watched both games with my friend... I know exactly what happened.... VaTech runs up and down the court against most of their opponents.... I know I have watched more VaTech basketball than you... I'm not braggin, because its not by choice.... I watch almost every conference game they played this year with my buddies.... You want to know what slowing down a game is? Watch Gtown... they take up the entire shot clock in over 80% of their possession... at the end of the regular season, they were #3 (i think) in the nation in points allowed.

Comment

ASSHAT, I watched both games with my friend... I know exactly what happened.... VaTech runs up and down the court against most of their opponents.... I know I have watched more VaTech basketball than you... I'm not braggin, because its not by choice.... I watch almost every conference game they played this year with my buddies.... You want to know what slowing down a game is? Watch Gtown... they take up the entire shot clock in over 80% of their possession... at the end of the regular season, they were #3 (i think) in the nation in points allowed.
                          lol, so you are basically comparing UNC and VTech? Those are two totally different teams? And you say you watched all of their games? Man o man, those teams are complete opposites of each other.

Comment

lol, so you are basically comparing UNC and VTech? Those are two totally different teams? And you say you watched all of their games? Man o man, those teams are complete opposites of each other.
                            Uhhh... no.... where did i compare unc and vatech and show their similiarities?

Comment

Uhhh... no.... where did i compare unc and vatech and show their similiarities?
                              Listen, obviously nothing is getting through to you...Just keep on thinking Virginia Tech is an up-tempo team that loves to run and Marquette would match up good with UNC. Good luck with those ideas when filling out your brackets.

Comment

Working...
                              X