Which 12 Seed wins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which 12 Seed wins?

Just about every year a 12 seed wins.... who will it be this year?

I say ODU.

I think Tennesse should have zero problems. And I'm pretty confident VaTech advances over illinois. USC concerns me, but Arky got in barely because of their conference tourny run... they may be too exhausted and satisfied to be up for the game? I don't know... thoughts?

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
    Just about every year a 12 seed wins.... who will it be this year?

I say ODU.

I think Tennesse should have zero problems. And I'm pretty confident VaTech advances over illinois. USC concerns me, but Arky got in barely because of their conference tourny run... they may be too exhausted and satisfied to be up for the game? I don't know... thoughts?

ODU does seem like the most likely to pull off the 5/12 upset as Butler is not the team it was earlier in the year, losing 4 of their last 8 games I believe.

Also, w/my Illini, they could pull off the upset as the game goes 1 of 2 ways. If we control the tempo, turn it into a half court sets contest, and play great D as usual, we will win in a tight game. If we cannot control the tempo, I fear a blowout as there is no way we will be able to run up and down the court to keep up with them - a score even into the 60s is pushing it and anything higher than that for Va Tech and Illini are toast. This seems like a good game where someone would want to risk selling some points to get more value on Va Tech if they think they win as I just feel either the Hokies lose in a nailbiter or win by 15+ and not a point less.

I don't see ARK giving USC many problems but that Tennessee/LB St. game is definitely one I have to look into. Vols struggle away from their home court and they go as Chris Lofton goes. Dunno if LBSt has much of an inside game from their frontcourt, but if they do, Vols could be in trouble.

Moose
    Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

ODU WINS
      Old Dominion is a better team, Butler was shooting out of their ass earlier in the season, and caught fire.... lately they were barely winning in one of the weaker mid majors...ODU played their worst game of the season in the GM game and they still almost won, these guys are good they win....

Virginia Tech is bipolar, and as much as I thinnk Illinois blows, their style of play is going to be very frustrating for VT, VT struggles with ****ty slow it down teams, ie NCST

LBST and Tennessee is going to be a great high scoring paced game....OVer 165 baby...dont worry about who wins this one goes way OVER..LBSU can beat them but I dont see it happening....

ARK can give USC fits but I doubt it, they are very inconsistent..

Im leaning towards ODU and thats it.... I see more upsets in 4-13 spot, I dont think UVA can play outside of their home arena, and this ALbany team is alright... I like Davidson over Maryland too...NMSU and HC will give good matches too!!
      To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
      2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

I have Arkansas winning and ODU in the Sweet 16...Atleast right now...
        NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
        NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
        NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
        NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

I have Illinois, LBSU, and ODU winning...
          Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

I definitely like ODU winning!
            2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

I agree with Wsox08. I could see every #12 going down. Obviously not every single one will, nor am I saying that....just that I won't be shocked if any of the 4 lose, or more than one.

Comment

Wow

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
                ODU WINS
                Old Dominion is a better team, Butler was shooting out of their ass earlier in the season, and caught fire.... lately they were barely winning in one of the weaker mid majors...ODU played their worst game of the season in the GM game and they still almost won, these guys are good they win....

Virginia Tech is bipolar, and as much as I thinnk Illinois blows, their style of play is going to be very frustrating for VT, VT struggles with ****ty slow it down teams, ie NCST

LBST and Tennessee is going to be a great high scoring paced game....OVer 165 baby...dont worry about who wins this one goes way OVER..LBSU can beat them but I dont see it happening....

ARK can give USC fits but I doubt it, they are very inconsistent..

Im leaning towards ODU and thats it.... I see more upsets in 4-13 spot, I dont think UVA can play outside of their home arena, and this ALbany team is alright... I like Davidson over Maryland too...NMSU and HC will give good matches too!!
                Three ACC teams go down? Ah you know you want to, go ahead, throw Duke under the bus as well.
                I know nothing about Albany but their numbers, and their numbers do not look alright, they look like what are these guys doing in the tournament when Syracuse is not?? kinda numbers. But you are right, the Hoos stink it up outside JPJ arena.
                Maybe we see an ACC massacre on Thursday, but I not putting any chips on that happening. But, given the nature of this year in the ACC, I understand the reasoning. The first rounds will let us all know the relative strengths of the conferences involved. GL.
                Red ink is thicker than blood.

Comment

Me thinks Butler is one of the weakest 5 spots I've ever seen on a bracket and have picked ODU to take them out....I also happen to like the Razorbacks to do in USC as well....:beerbang:
                  Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
                  X