• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Hoops Thursday

NCAAB YTD: 1-2 (-6 units)

Thursday

5* San Francisco (+17) (-120) Over Oklahoma - Bought 1/2 pt

I think the Dons will be better then people think this year. Most predictions have them in the middle of the pack in the WCC this season. They don't return too many players from last years team but they have some nice transfers and some pretty good depth with there young players. My biggest concern in this game is San Fran could get worn out down low as Oklahoma brings a couple of behemoth big men into this matchup. Still think San Fran keeps this game within 17.

Good Luck to All!!!!

Id be careful on this one. I am leaning on Oklahoma for this game. Last year the Dons were spoilers in quite a few games and looked pretty decent. This year they seem to be quite a bit younger. In tonights game they are missing two of their players, and the Palokovic loss will definately hurt them. Oklahoma on the other hand has already had more time to prepare and play together despite their youth because of the road trip they took to play exhibition games in Canada. They simply put have more court and game time and are playing at home. It wont be a barnburner but I think OU cruises opening the season at home for this one.

Two San Francisco players declared ineligible
    November 6, 2007

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- San Francisco forwards Vince Polakovic and Jay Watkins are ineligible and will miss the Dons' season-opening road trip to Oklahoma for the 2K Sports College Hoops Classic.

Watkins, a sophomore, is academically ineligible, while the university is working with the NCAA to determine Polakovic's eligibility. He is a senior and native of Slovakia who played sparingly for the Dons last season following his transfer from Northern Iowa.

Watkins was named to the West Coast Conference all-freshman team after averaging 6.2 points and 3.5 rebounds last season.

Comment

SF's key player is Lowhorn. He will be there entire offense. Dropped something like 28 in his preseason game. Yes those players being out will hurt SF but I think they stay within the number. Good Luck!!!!

Comment

That was close. Thanks to Lowhorn hitting 2 FT's at the end it covers by 1 pt.

Recap: 1-0 (+5 units)

NCAAB YTD: 2-2 (-1 unit)

Good Luck to All!!!!

Comment

Nice hit, I had OU -16 and ended up pushing. Well, I guess it's safe to say we were both right. I was hoping that one of those FT's would rim out but nonetheless, a push isnt a loss right!!!

Congrats to you, and glad I didnt lose. Good luck with your next picks!

Kuz

Comment

Originally posted by Kuz View Post
            Nice hit, I had OU -16 and ended up pushing. Well, I guess it's safe to say we were both right. I was hoping that one of those FT's would rim out but nonetheless, a push isnt a loss right!!!

Congrats to you, and glad I didnt lose. Good luck with your next picks!

Kuz
            Thanks...Yeah I guess we were both right on that one. Lowhorn was the key player for SF and will be all season. Came up big for the bet hitting those two FT's at the end. Good Luck on your plays!!!!:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X