Harmonious NCAA Hoops Fri

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmonious NCAA Hoops Fri

This is the first real day of the season for me, and with the early upsets it looks like it's going to be a pretty fun year again. Favorite sport for me by far, as I can never get enough of college hoops. Best of luck to everyone this season.

1 UNIT
    Massachusetts (-5). Coach Ford has to switch the offense from big to small with the losses of Freeman and Lasme, and I think Forbes will flourish into a 20ppg type scorer. Lowe is very underrated PG too, but they need Harris and Milligan to step up. Frosh Max Groebe can rip the nets from deep. Should be a high scoring game.

More later :thumbs:

GL today and this year cuse. :thumbs:
    Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

GL Cuse, can't wait for these pre-season tournies to get towards the end and then get some good games going :thumbs:

Comment

So much for dipping my toes into the water to test things out. I think I could play 25 games today if I wanted to (and I might, haha). I didn't play Ohio U (-3.5) or Columbia (+5) so I'm sure they will both win easily.

1 UNIT
        Butler (-10.5). Ball State program is in disarray, Graves and Green should play well.
        South Florida (-8). Sun Dome homecourt, and Gransberry teams with improved Verdejo and Bozeman.
        Tennessee (-17). My national champ pick, DOMINANT at home, and Temple stuggled mightily on D last year.
        Cal Santa Barbara (-4). Long trip fro NW St to Maples, plus 4 starters back and Alex Harris is very good.
        Tennessee Tech (+8). Experienced Tech team getting a bunch of points.
        Wake Forest (-14). Win one for the Skipper!!! Fairfield is a bad offensive team.
        DePaul (+3). Two stud frosh from the Demons add to Draelon Burns and Karron Clarke. Creighton in flux.
        Alabama (-17). Hendrix is a man amongst boys, reminds me of Horford. Steele back also. Troy lost 7 seniors and 4 starters.
        Belmont (+8). Good, disciplined squad. If 3ball is falling, they could win outright.

:thumbs:

Comment

Cuse, quick question, what web sites do you use to gather your info. Always looking for new angles.

Comment

1 UNIT
            Auburn (+2.5). 5 starters back led by Josh Dollard and Korvotney Barber. A little unsettled it's road game cause they usually struggle but playing away from home, but they should take the next step this season, possibly make the Big Dance.

Nitts- Honestly, I just read anything and everything I can get my hands on via internet or print media. I have a couple mags, use stats from last year, home and way records (although I'm still playing Auburn despite that)and in season watch everything I can. Nothing eye opening really I can provide you with, wish I could. GL man!

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
              1 UNIT
              Auburn (+2.5). 5 starters back led by Josh Dollard and Korvotney Barber. A little unsettled it's road game cause they usually struggle but playing away from home, but they should take the next step this season, possibly make the Big Dance.

Nitts- Honestly, I just read anything and everything I can get my hands on via internet or print media. I have a couple mags, use stats from last year, home and way records (although I'm still playing Auburn despite that)and in season watch everything I can. Nothing eye opening really I can provide you with, wish I could. GL man!
              And three of my guys on Tulane. Go Auburn:thumbs:

Comment

Thanks, just wondering if you looked at team sites, conference sites, etc. to gather info on some teams. Like I said, I'm always looking to get better and more resources can only help

Comment

I like many of your picks. Great to be back in hoops season. GL tonight

Comment

UMass

Nitts - I do all those (team sites for injuries, conf sites, etc) but I honestly don't go to anything that anyone doesn't know about. I use rivals.com info for recruits and stuff too. Pretty generic stuff. I try to read as many preseason mags as possible and take notes and such too. Nothing earth-shattering, haha...

fultonstreet - what do you mean "your guys"? you book? i'm honestly not very comfy with auburn cause they stink on the road, but their talent i think moves to the next level this season and that's how they get it done tonight starting the season off with a nice road victory over a decent tulane squad.

Comment

GL with the rest Cuse :thumbs:
                      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

And wait, you didn't tease anything? Does this card truly count without a tease?

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                          And wait, you didn't tease anything? Does this card truly count without a tease?
                          Don't tempt me!!!! I looked at doing it but didn't pull the trigger. I loved NC Greensboro too even before I see now that Dickey and Peacock are out, and they will win easy. Oh well.

Comment

dailyteaserguy- GL!...this season....see you in here once conference play begins in late December......will have the SCRF system back up and running this year...
                            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                              .will have the SCRF system back up and running this year...
                              Is it actually going to work this season? :laughing:

Two years ago it was cash, last year...... not so much. Or was that the Mizz Valley system thing and I'm mistaken?

One of them I met with moderate results at best.. I'm thinking the Mizz Valley system probably.

Comment

Working...
                              X