X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel's A10 Season Opener

YTD: 0-0

SEMO ST. @ Xavier -25

I want to do a little more research on this one, but at this point, I'm about 99% sure I'm taking the points in this one. Xavier has the talent by a large margin in this one....but I think X is going to have some growing pains early in the year. They are definitely going to take their lumps with an OOC schedule including Tenn, K State, Auburn, Az State, Indiana, Creighton, UC and Miami (OH). I don't X should have too many problems tonight...but this is too big of a number for a team that is still learning to play with one another. Lavender and Burrell lead the back court, but after that, things get a little shaky (at least for now). Duncan is playing a new position as a true 5...and truthfully, he's playing out of position. D. Brown will be fine. CJ Anderson is still learning to play with this team and is having some issues playing Xavier's defensive scheme. Coach Miller will go to the bench a lot with BJ Raymond, Dante Jackson and Jason Love....but again, I'm just not sure the familiarity with one another will be there in the season opener.

I think X wins this one...oh, say 77-58.

SEMO St. +25 2 units

GL!
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Good to read your post to start the A10 year. I will dig some more before laying X points. GL tonight and through whole A10 season.

Comment

GL Nigel :thumbs:
      Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Geez...early season handicapping. Xavier rolls. SEMO St. tried pressing X....THEY TRIED FULL COURT PRESSING....X and Drew Lavender. Their coach must be an idiot. Want to know one thing NOT to do against Xavier? Don't full court press Drew Lavender....bad friggin' idea...especially if you have SEMO St.'s guards....just seriously not a very smart move.

X got easy layups and wide open 3's all night off of SEMO St.'s dynamic full court press.

YTD: 0-1 -- -2 units.

We'll get em back...guess I just couldn't help myself tonight.
        "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Working...
        X