GM's NCAA Monday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM's NCAA Monday

Homer Play right here. Duke is much improved and I think blows the doors off New Mex St tonight. A 30+ Victory is what I am thinking...

Duke -18.5 (1 unit)

Duke -11 -120 1H (.50 units)

Wisc. GB +15 (1 unit)

Might add a few plays for the later games. GL Everyone
    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

NMSU has no shot without Pope. I don't know if they (duke) cover but they should easily.

Comment

Hey GM That Wis /GB pic would'nt have anything to do with who they are playing:dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by IBEME View Post
        Hey GM That Wis /GB pic would'nt have anything to do with who they are playing:dunno:
        What do you mean?

Comment

Solid 1sth play on Duke GM. NMex looks lost out there.... I wish they'd make a last second run so I could buy out the play :bang:
          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
            Solid 1sth play on Duke GM. NMex looks lost out there.... I wish they'd make a last second run so I could buy out the play :bang:
            Thanks. This one could get ugly in the 2H. GL on all your plays guys.

Comment

Nice hit on the 1H. Game looks solid too.

On a separate note, we had the first RIDICULOUS Duke charge call of the year on the break away lay-up with Scheyer running under the guy, haha... How ridiculous. That ref had it is his mind that he was calling the charge no matter what as long as Scheyer was in the neighborhood. Scheyer was actually behind the guy at mid court and he gets a charge called when the NMSU dude is sliding away from him on a breakaway lay-up? Pretty funny.

Duke is going to be pretty good this year if they get some inside play. They have depth and can run now, and always play hard on defense under Coach K. Will be interesting to see who they can match up with athletic teams though. The ACC stinks this year compared to what it usually is. They only have two really good teams in UNC and Duke and then have NC State, Clemson and Maryland as possibilities to do some damage. The rest of the league is horribly down except Wake being better, but they still have a long path back to the top.

Comment

Cuse, that call wasnt ridiculous. It was a great play by Scheyer and great hustle and effort. It was a questionable call that probably could have gone either way but went with the side of Duke tonight. They have missed some calls on us too.

We will have a better inside game this season because we are going to push the ball up court a lot more. It is going to create more points from layups. Lance Thomas and Zoubek are decent guys inside that can give 15 minutes each.

I think since we will go 10 and 11 deep this season with a lot of athletic players, it will mean we cant get away without a big inside game. We dont have the dominant big man but we can get away with it.

I dont know if you can call Duke a sleeper because of the name and the 10 ranking but after last year, we are a totally different team that will have a mcuh better year.

Fun season in store for us IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
                  Cuse, that call wasnt ridiculous. It was a great play by Scheyer and great hustle and effort. It was a questionable call that probably could have gone either way but went with the side of Duke tonight. They have missed some calls on us too.
                  Oh geez, here we go..... All I will say as this, and don't even bothering responding because I'm not going to dignify it if you do. If you think that was a charge, then you know absolutely nothing about basketball. Nothing. Yea, he hustled. Good for him. He also should have been called for an unnecessary foul and they should have gotten a 3 point play. This not only applies to Duke, but to everyone. Refs call WAY WAY WAY to many charges in college basketball. Scheyer was literally, and I'm not even exaggerating, BEHIND the NMSU player at half court. It's a near physical impossibility to draw a charge in that instance. Anyway, I wish they would put the circle in under the basket (like NBA) so all these ridiculous charges stop getting called. I think that would benefit the game greatly. Like I said, that official (on that end of the court) had his mind made up at half court that he was calling a charge.

Should be a fun year, don't ruin it please by arguing with with blue and white glasses on during the first "Big Monday" of the season.

:thumbs:

Comment

Cuse, you are doing the same thing I am doing except you are doing the anti-Duke thing. Its like whatever opinion I have on Duke it is because I am a Duke fan and no one can take it seriously. Basically im sick of arguing on this site because you all think im some kind of homer that cant give two sides of the story.

He was in front of the player and maybe he was still in motion a bit but to say the call was ridiculous is stupid IMO. I can pick out 3 or 4 times tonight that calls went against us but I wont.

But the first time someone thinks Duke gets a call, they will make a big story out of it.

Im not gonna argue with you if thats what I want. I gave you my opinion and if you dont like it then call me a homer and move on, basically I dont care and I want to enjoy the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X