Super Freshman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Freshman

WOW, some of these performances have been other-worldly by these frosh. Michael Beasley is already breaking records and averaging 30+ppg and 20+rpg. Insane. Eric Gordon has drained 7 3 pointers tonight and has 32 points so far and is carrying Indiana. Derrick Rose won the MVP of that pre-season min-tourney Memphis was in and looks freakishly good. Jonny Flynn was 6 for 6 from 3 tonight and scored a ton of points for Syracuse. OJ Mayo poured in 32 points and looked like the selfish bastard he seemed to be in USC's embarrassing loss. Austin Daye led Gonzaga in scoring in their win over Montana. Kyle Singler looked very solid in Duke's two games so far.

Kevin Love tonight should be fun to watch too. I'm obviously missing a bunch of guys but these were the ones that jumped out at me. Imagine a team of:

PG - Derrick Rose
    SG- Eric Gordon
    SF- OJ Mayo
    PF- Michael Beasley
    C- Kevin Love

All have a real good chance to be "1 and done" players. In fact, I can't imagine any of them returning as I think all 5 of them have basically said they are only there for 1 year.

Singler looked great in the two exhibition games and first game of the season. He didnt play well tonight but he is expected to be our best scoring option and best player. No one expects him be be one and done at Duke.

We were given Oden and Durant last year and even though we dont have two players like that this year, we have a ton of talent to enjoy in college basketball this season.

I am excited to see Love tonight, he looks like a great one.
    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
      Singler looked great in the two exhibition games and first game of the season. He didnt play well tonight but he is expected to be our best scoring option and best player. No one expects him be be one and done at Duke.
      Thanks for the Duke pre-season basketball update :puke: Who gives a ****?

And I never mentioned anything about Singler being one and done. I seriously think you can't read. The 5 STUDS were the guys I mentioned as one and done(ers).

Comment

Didn't see the USC game or even look at the box scores but isn't Mayo supposed to be running the 1/2 there?

And speaking of 1 and done, Mayo wanted to come out after his Jr. year of HS!

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
          Thanks for the Duke pre-season basketball update :puke: Who gives a ****?

And I never mentioned anything about Singler being one and done. I seriously think you can't read. The 5 STUDS were the guys I mentioned as one and done(ers).
          You are a ******* idiot. You mention Singler in your post having the good games so far and I gave my opinion on the matter.

You arent even worth the time anymore

Comment

First off, don't curse at me. I don't curse at you. Have some respect.

Second, I mentioned Singler in the post - yes. But I didn't mention him as a one and done guy and you come back with your want to be Duke insider information about "we don't expect him to be 1 and done". The five guys I said were STUDS were the one and done guys. It's pretty basic reading comprehension skills.

GL this season, I'll try to ignore you like most everyone else has started to do.

Enjoy those Duke charge calls :thumbs:

Comment

Dont forget about Terrell Smith at Pacific :beerbang:

Comment

Jeffrey Jordan at U of I :beerbang: :laughing:
                Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

You should specify who you mean. You named a bunch of guys in that whole post. You should have said these 5 guys are players who are one and done instead of all of these players have a chance to be one and done. What do you want me to think when you say all of these players? Maybe all the players in the post? Umm...Yea but I guess I dont have basic reading skills.

And you should quit it with that attitude and then I will show some respect. You act like a jackass acting so much better than everyone here. You gave your opinions and then when I said something you said who gives a ****. Why dont you show some respect? Or are you too busy hoping everyone has a laugh at whatever you post. Yea that must be it, you want to impress people.

Go ahead and ignore me because the first thing you said to me in my thread was how Duke "gets all the calls". Its getting old man. Yea, Duke gets all the calls and I am a homer. We all get it, you dont need to make a point of it everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by wsox08 View Post
                    Jeffrey Jordan at U of I :beerbang: :laughing:

Haha yeah for sure :eyz: Sadly none of the 6 newcomers on IL fit into this category.
                    Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

LMAO we are a tinderbox!

hey Jay Bilas put Singler at no. 5 so fck off! LOL

:beerbang:

btw I hate Jay Bilas, dont care where he's from LOL, mostly cuz anyone nowadays associated with ESPN I'm starting to hate, except for maybe Bill Parcells, jsut out of homerism for him there wouldnt be Tony Romo and the whole team basically

and Steve Young cuz he shares America's desire to punch Stuart Scott in the face. only that Steve is the only one who is close enough to do it, so he needs to take one for the team!

:hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
                      -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Steve Young looked like he wanted to choke the life out of Stuart Scott tonight after the game. Anyone see that?

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
                          Steve Young looked like he wanted to choke the life out of Stuart Scott tonight after the game. Anyone see that?
                          Check the GD thread about Berman.

Love looked pretty beastly last night, but it's hard to quantify it considering they were playing Youngstown State. The thing I was most impressed with was Mbah A Moute has a dribble drive game and can now hit pull up jumpers and 3's. He is going to be handful.

I like Bilas a lot. If he said Singler was Top 5, he's not really off-base considering Singler is the #6 ranked prospect in the nation (some places maybe higher) behind Beasley, Gordon, Rose, Love, and Mayo. Bilas brings intelligence and sanity to a forum where, often times, it's lacking both. Plus, Sean McDonough, Bill Rafferty, and Jay Bilas are by far the best announcing group ESPN has for hoops. McDonough does the game well, and Raff is amazing and Bilas plays off him well.

The next kid I want to see is PG Jerryd Bayless from Zona. Supposedly he's freakishly athletic too.
                          Last edited by CuseFan10; 11-13-2007, 11:19 AM.

Comment

ESPN Broadcast teams look like

The basics:

Big East - McDonough, Rafferty and Bilas (Monday) + Dave O'Brien with Len Elmore prob???
                            Big 12 - Ron Franklin and Fran Fraschilla (Monday)
                            West Coast - Terry Gannon and Stephen Bardo (Monday)
                            Big 10 - Brent Musberger and Steve Lavin (Tuesday)
                            SEC - Brad Nessler and Jimmy Dykes (Tuesday)
                            ACC - Mike Patrick and Len Elmore (Wednesday)
                            ACC- Dan Schulman and Dick Vitale (Thursday)
                            A-10 - Dave Barnett and Hubert Davis (Thursday)
                            Conf USA - Dave Pasch??? and Doug Gottlein and Tom Brennan (Thursday)

Of course, Schulman and Vitale will do every Saturday night game and Vitale will steal games from Elmore during ACC big ones, while Schulman will float too I'm sure.

Comment

How Bilas left OJ Mayo off his top 5 is beyond me. He is, IMO, the most physically gifted basketball player of them all. That kid will be something special for a long, long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X