• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nittany Wednesday

Keeping it small for awhile:

JMU +2

Missouri +5

1 unit each

Gonna try to get back in to doing some write-ups for games. I really helps me look at all angles of the games.

JMU has played 2 road games so far this season, winning one at Dartmouth, and dropping one at VMI which is a team that can score with anybody in the nation. JMU is a very good scoring team in their own right averaging 85 ppg so far this season and eclipsing 100 in their first game. Thats not a good sign for a team like Eastern Kentucky that cannot score and has trouble stopping teams from scoring. Their only two respectable defensive games have come against D-2(and a very bad D-2 team at that) WV Wesleyan and Thomas More. EK is has allowed their opponent to shoot 52% or higher in their last 3 games while shooting <40% themselves. I just think that the combination of good scoring from JMU, bad defense and bad scoring by Eastern Kentucky looks like a SU win for JMU, so the 2 points are an alright cushion.

Missouri was a vastly underrated team coming in to this season. Their only loss so far has come at the hands of a very talented Michigan State squad that should win the B10. This should be a somewhat defensive minded game, but Missouri has the better fire power and should take care of the ball better. In Arkansas' loss to Providence they turned the ball over 32 times and Missouri is a team that is very good at forcing turnovers, forcing 20 or more in all but 2 games(17 against MSU, 17 against CMU). Arkansas is an untested team that has home wins over Wofford and a very bad Delaware State team that has been blown out several times already. DeMarre Carroll and Stefhon Hannah could be too much for the Razorbacks to handle.
    Last edited by NittanyLions94; 11-28-2007, 02:43 PM.

GL today :thumbs:
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Like JMU too Nittany....I like to many and had to shorten my card and took them off....GL:thumbs:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

GL tonight Nitts. Don't like either game personally. Not sure how anyone could play JMU on the road and want to see how this game goes for both Mizz/Arky as I'm not sure what either team is yet. They both should be very good, and I think this game will tell a lot about both. Hope you nail'em!

Comment

Play them all! no nuts no GLORY....:boom:
          NCAAF: Record: 38-50-1 (-30.5 donuts) :bang:
          NFL: Record: 32-28-2 (+55 donuts)
          NBA: Record: 101-85-4 (+82 donuts) :thumbs:
          NCAAB: Records: 99-78-3 (+102 donuts) :beerbang:
          MLB: Record: 1-0-0 (+3 donuts)

1 donut = $100

Comment

nitts- GL!...like the writeups. In all honesty, that is far better for someone to look at than a record, plus it helps in generating discussion on games and you may see things you missed (or reinforce good points) about a game....GL!....
            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Thanks everyone, and can I point something out. With the game just about over VMI is up 156-91. How fun would it be to watch a game like that!? Good Lord, those guys don't take the foot off the pedal for ANYONE.

Comment

good call on jmu nittany. I was hoping to open this up and see a Penn St. -3 play from u though. Just added that to one of my parlays. Liking that big man they have. Lots of offensive boards last game I watched them.
                39-39-2 Plays, 26-25 Leans, System Plays (2-1), Half System Plays (2-4)
                Playoffs 6-4 Plays, 4-1 Leans

43-46 Plays, 24-28 Leans, 4-4 System Plays, 2-0 Half System Plays
                Playoffs 8-4 plays, 1-2 leans, 1-0 Half System Plays

36-29 Plays, 25-31 leans; Playoffs 3-3 Plays, 0-2 leans

18-16-1 Plays, 18-18-1 Leans; Playoffs 6-2 Plays, 0-1 Leans

15-8 plays, 7-6 leans, 2-1 Heavy MLs

Comment

Working...
                X