• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nittany Thursday

2-0 yesterday, trying to get some momentum after my usual slow start:

Kansas State +2.5

1 unit

K-State hasn't played near their potential so far this year, but I really think they're going to keep getting better and a return home is exactly what they need. First off, Oregon really doesn't have anyone that can play Beasley 1on1(not many teams do) and they will send 6-9 F Marty Luenen at him tonight which should open up the inside for guys like Bill Walker to get the ball on drive-and-dish type situations. Oregon has only gone on the road twice this year, to Portland and St. Mary's. They beat Portland(so has everybody else) and lost to St. Mary's, and allowed them to shoot 47% from the field. The other players on K-State almost just looked to Beasley to do it all early in the year and the other players are starting to step up, as shown by Andre Gilbert's first 20 point performance this year in their last game. If K-State holds on to the ball they should be able to get a SU win, but I'll take the 2.5 just in case.

Air Force -7

1 unit

Colorado goes on the road and beats up on Denver and all of a sudden they deserve the respect of a single digit fav? Not a chance. In Colorado's other road game they got an absolute beat down at the hands of Wisconsin. Air Force is one of the tougher places to play in that area, with the Flyboys going 36-1 there the last 3 years, I don't normally like that kind of "last number of years" stuff but a record like that is hard to over look when Colorado is such an inconsistent team. They turn the ball over too much to hang with a disciplined Air Force team that is allowing opponents to shoot only 36% on the season. The only thing that is somewhat scary is that Air Force isn't the best rebounding team, but neither is Colorado, so that isn't much of an issue here.

Still looking at a few others.

Appalachian St. -4.5

1 unit

Seems like everybody is on them tonight, but it is for good reason IMO. Wichita State is riding on past reputation in terms of this line, and they will have trouble traveling to App State tonight. When they've left home(for 3 neutral court games) they've lost to Baylor 64-55, Monmouth 59-50, and beat Ill-Chicago 67-60. Appalachian State is coming off a loss to conference rival Davidson at home and I'm sure they've had it pounded in to them that they don't lose on their home court. App State plays stellar D, which could cause a lot of trouble for a Wichita St. team that shoots less than 40% away from home. This might be a better game to tease than play straight, though, but I'll give it a crack.

Lean also to USC and Buffalo but probably won't play either. USC can go out and play like they did against a solid SIU team, or they could lay an egg like in the Mercer game. I'm waiting for them to show which team they are before playing them.

Comment

Thanks man, hope we cash on those two....thinking about playing the over in the K st/Ore game?

:thumbs:
      Keep on Duhawkin'

CBB 99-92-1 (+7.71 units)

Comment

Originally posted by pitch21 View Post
        Thanks man, hope we cash on those two....thinking about playing the over in the K st/Ore game?

:thumbs:
        I suck at totals so you don't want my advice on that one, LMAO

But GL if you play it, I know that UD likes the over.

Comment

GL tonight Nitts! :thumbs:

Comment

Yay for a second half collapse by App State :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
              Yay for a second half collapse by App State :beerbang:
              Appy State sucks this year. I can't believe I fell into that. I usually stay away from those crappy conferences. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
              X