OJ Mayo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OJ Mayo

I just got back from watching this kid from about 5 rows off the floor and i have to say i haven't seen a freshman that polished and good in ages. He scored 19 tonight, 15 of those came when he just flat took over with about 5 left. He is about as unselfish as i have ever seen a gifted player. He quite frankly needs to get a little more involved early on in games. But when he wanted to take over he was the man. Tim Floyd said he was the best 20 year old he had ever coached at any level and i believe him. The kids at Duke get all the pub because of DukieV and ESPN, but singlier couldn't hold Mayo's jock. Haven't been that impressed with a player in ages.

On a side note, Oklahoma may be the worst shooting team i have ever seen...literally. Outside of one kid #20, they couldn't make a layup, let alone a jumper. They are brutal.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

I watched some of the game tonight, while watching a billion of the other games on and in the 1H he wasn't involved enough. He woke up in the 2H and looked very good. It was hard for me to watch because Oklahoma is a pretty slow and boring team, but I agree he's impressive. I haven't seen enough from Mayo yet but I am still impressed with Durant from last year.
    Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by wsox08 View Post
      I watched some of the game tonight, while watching a billion of the other games on and in the 1H he wasn't involved enough. He woke up in the 2H and looked very good. It was hard for me to watch because Oklahoma is a pretty slow and boring team, but I agree he's impressive. I haven't seen enough from Mayo yet but I am still impressed with Durant from last year.
      Mayo kind of hangs out on the court and gets others involved. That is what i really like about him. He doesn't feel the need to be the man. OKLA cut it to 3 with about 5 left and he scored about 11 straight points after that. He hit a 3, a couple layups, a sweet jumper.....i agree, though, OKLA sucks. After trying to lob the ball into the post from the top of the key (which is no no #1 as anyone who has played knows) with a guy fronting the post, a guy playing behind the post and a guard sagging off to help....they continued to try it again.....i mean, lets just suppose he catches it...what the you know what is he supposed to do with it?? OKLA is a dumb team and a bad shooting team.

Comment

On the flip side, did anyone watch his counterpart at the top of the recruiting lists Michael Beasley? He is a good talent, but he seems like a real dickhead. Any time the guys on his team didn't get him the ball, or they turned it over, or one time a dude missed a FT and he was yelling at them, making faces, waving his arms etc. Really needs to grow up if he wants to be anything near "Kevin Durant" type player. Just my opinion.

But I love OJ Mayo as a player. He and Eric Gordon are my 2 favorite freshmen.

Comment

i don't know if this happens every game, but beasely was terrible at foul shots.

Comment

I was at the game too, crowd was pretty dead huh? Good to see the Trojans doing well though, I'll certainly be there for the huge one on sunday

Comment

I'm not sure Mayo can be considered an "unselfish" player when he jacked up 27 shots in his first ever game. That's something I can't get out of my head. And they lost the game to boot, to Mercer. Maybe Floyd just reeled him in for the good of the team? They do have some very talented player on that team in Gibson, Hackett, and Jefferson. He skills are undeniably excellent though I do agree.

I like Gordon better than Mayo personally, but OJ is a great talent, no doubt. If I'm drafting them next year though, I'm taking Eric Gordon. What a year fro guards coming in with Gordon, Mayo, and Rose.

As for Beasley, I've heard he's been very coachable and a good kid there. Just stories I've read, and saw him play a couple times in the Disney Tourney thing too, but I think last night was just an abberation.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta00 View Post
                I was at the game too, crowd was pretty dead huh? Good to see the Trojans doing well though, I'll certainly be there for the huge one on sunday
                papadakis is so annoying on the PA it's not funny. How about old Keyshawn sitting courtside last night......

Comment

Working...
                X