• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nittany Friday

Duquesne/CS Northridge Ov. 173

Marquette -16

2 units each

Write-ups later, gotta go eat now.

I've seen Duquesne play this year and last year a few times and their philosophy is much like that of VMI and the old Loyola Marymount teams, shoot the ball within 10 seconds of getting it. The quicker it comes out of the rim the quicker they can score is the way they play. They are finally now playing a team that can run with them in CSN. Both teams shoot just under 50% and average taking >60 shots per game. Duqusne plays the better D of the two, but not enough to slow down a CSN squad that averages 90.7 ppg. I told my buddy that I would play this at anything under 185 and I got it at 173 with my guy so I had to do it for 2 units.

Wisconsin-Mil vs. Marquette is a huge mismatch. WM already got beat down real bad at home by Drake and lost to Sam Hou St. and Northern Iowa. In their only road game they beat an abysmal Ball St. team. Marquette loves to run the floor and shoots a pretty good % from the field. The only thing that scares me is Marquette isn't the best rebounding team, but this is still a class mismatch IMO.

Add:

Wash St. -3

2 units

Square play of the day, but I'll take a crack. Washington State has a huge talent advantage and that means more to me than home court in most cases. Washington State has a huge size advantage inside and Baylor is an extremely under-sized squad. Low should be able to do as he pleases just like in most games. They've already gone to a pretty hostile environment up in Boise and got a DD win against the potato heads. One huge thing about going on the road and winning is taking care of the basketball, and Washington State does that better than pretty much everyone in the nation, while in their 2 home games Baylor has turned it over 26 times against Jackson St. and 16 times against Centenary, two teams that I am going to go out on a limb and say don't have the athletes of Washington St.

Comment

here's to lots of points in the duquesne game:beerbang:

Comment

GL Nit I liked the over but couldn't pull the trigger
        Keep on Duhawkin'

CBB 99-92-1 (+7.71 units)

Comment

Story of my season, 97-74 is the final in the Duquesne game. They were on a hot pace and CSN started to get blown out and they shut it down and missed by 2 pts. :bang:

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
            Story of my season, 97-74 is the final in the Duquesne game. They were on a hot pace and CSN started to get blown out and they shut it down and missed by 2 pts. :bang:
            Get it back with Wazzou 2H play if it lends itself to be played. :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X