Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Towson Open -1 now +2 something I should know?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towson Open -1 now +2 something I should know?

I want to pick towson, but I noticed one of oyu got it at -1 now its goign off at +2 at my book and looking at the trends it opened at -1 Towson.. I have never seen such a shift.. is there something ot account for this, is someone hurt or something?
    Last Wager placed 01/11/09 - Loss
    Taking a sabbatical from wagering

Donno i took it at +1.5 for Towson now its 2, kinda means they like Towson no? :thumbs:

Comment

Doing a quick google led me to Covers.com and they report that many large bets were made on Northeastern.. Im wantign to err on the side of caution here, as they say, somebody might know something we all dont, either something is going on, or I would be stupid to pick up the line a +2, what do you guys think on it?

Bizarre bets move Towson line
      By JOSH HANSEN | February 7, 2007 | 0 comments
      send to a friend print version rss feeds AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Towson and Northeastern are crashing the Rivalry Week party.

The Colonial Athletic Conference schools are drawing plenty of attention after a couple large Northeastern bets sent the Huskies from 1-point home underdogs into 1 ½-point favorites for tonight's game in Towson.

“Anytime I see a line movement like that, when I can’t really account for it, I figure someone knows something I don’t know,” says Marty Otto, professional handicapper for Sportsmemo.com. “Maybe it's a suspension or something we’ll learn closer to game time.

“But from everything I’ve looked at, everything points to Towson as being the strong play.”

However, no major injuries or suspensions from either side have been announced.

Home court does account for something says Otto, but he doesn’t believe Northeastern should be the favorite “at any point of time” over Towson.

Towson beat Northeastern handily 74-61 as 7 ½-point favorites just last week. Northeastern, 0-13 on the road, is the host team for the rematch and is 7-2 on its home court. But the Huskies have also lost three straight up and six of seven against the spread. Towson has covered eight of its last nine.

"Basically, it was just early sharp money on Northeastern," says BetCRIS.com linesmaker Shane Catford.

"We have the same number of bets on both sides but we had about three big bets on Northeastern that moved the line. It looks worse than it is."

Tonight's total is set at 133 ½.

Comment

Except Towson plays Delaware don't they?

Comment

Files associated with this release:
          12-3-07 MBB Game Notes.pdf
          MEN'S BASKETBALL: Tigers Travel to Delaware Tonight

12/3/2007
          TOWSON, Md. - The Tigers have their first opportunity to prove that the pre-season pollsters were wrong when they picked Towson as the 2007-08 Colonial Athletic Association cellar dwellar when they travel to Newark, Del. to face the Blue Hens in the Carpenter Center. Opening tip is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. The game will be broadcast on WTMD (89.7 FM) WTMD.

Towson opens its CAA schedule against league arch rival Delaware. This is the 58th meeting between Towson and Delaware. The Blue Hens lead the all-time series 35-22. Delaware is 24-6 against the Tigers in Newark and 13-4 in the Carpenter Center. Towson is ahead in the series at the Towson Center, 16-10.

This is the 26th consecutive year the Tigers and Blue Hens have met, making this series Towson's longest continuous rivalry in men's basketball.

The series began in the Division II days. The Blue Hens won the first contest 86-65 in 1970-71. Delaware ruled supreme when both were members of the America East Conference. The Blue Hens rattled off 12 straight wins until the Tigers stopped the streak with a 59-53 victory in Newark in their first meeting as CAA schools. Since then the Tigers have won seven of 13 games play.

Delaware's 35 wins in the series are the most by any one opponent against Towson. Likewise, the Tigers' 22 wins in the series are the most by Towson against any CAA opponent.

The Tigers are a bit weary from a busy schedule. This is their seventh game of the season. Towson travels to Temple on Thursday night and then hosts Niagara on Sunday before taking a 10 day break for exams. Delaware is playing its fifth game of the season tonight. The Blue Hens are looking for their first win of the season.

Following tonight's game the Tigers are back on I-95 for the trip to Philadelphia where they'll tangle with the Temple Owls on Thursday night.

Right from the Towson web site!:beerbang:
          Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

I was leaning toward Towson, but the line movement scared me off. Looks like sharp money coming in on Delaware, while Joe Public is hitting Towson. I'm staying away.

Comment

LOL good point nittany, sorry I should have mentioned that I quoted the information due it sowing that it isnt the first time such a line change has been noted in regards to towson st, as well, it gave some insight as to what could of been the reason for the line movement.. I think Im gonna err on caution and stay off the line for this one...

Thanks for the other article! am I reading this right that one of the factors that might be leading to the line change is their exhasitve schedule thus far as well as in the future? Wouldnt they have taken that into account when making the line.. sorry if I am asking stupid questions, I am just amazed by the major line movement is all.. either way to those of you that got them tonight I will be pulling for the win for you all :) BOL!

Comment

i Donno i still like Towson ... who knows really:bang:

Comment

I really don't think there's that much money on this game that you guys need to look at how, or why, the line moved (except looking for an injury).

Just my two cents... Sometimes line movements in these little **** ass games are very overrated, IMHO.

Comment

Now the line is at 0, lol, while it may be a **** game, was already to much movement for me to begin with

Still pulling for a Towson win for you all though

Comment

towson is not the same team on the road. careful.

Comment

Working...
                      X