Ucla/wsu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ucla/wsu

I have a feeling this will be a mixed crowd in here tonight as to who is going to win. My own opinion is that UCLA wins this one tonight based on a couple of factors. Both teams are great defensive teams, however, I just think UCLA has a little more depth, skill, and experience in these types of "pressure" games...Afflalo is a great leader in my opinion, and will keep UCLA together in a tough environment, as well as knock timely shots down. UCLA is seething for an outright PAC-10 title and need this game badly. GL to everyone tonight!

UCLA -1 (Bt. .5) --- 9 units
    NCAA Basketball
    86-66-2... +77.3Units
    Parlay...0-0...

Originally posted by reignman03 View Post
    I have a feeling this will be a mixed crowd in here tonight as to who is going to win. My own opinion is that UCLA wins this one tonight based on a couple of factors. Both teams are great defensive teams, however, I just think UCLA has a little more depth, skill, and experience in these types of "pressure" games...Afflalo is a great leader in my opinion, and will keep UCLA together in a tough environment, as well as knock timely shots down. UCLA is seething for an outright PAC-10 title and need this game badly. GL to everyone tonight!

UCLA -1 (Bt. .5) --- 9 units
    9 UNITS?!?!?!?! Wow, thats some confidence. Keep in mind this is one of the biggest games to come to Pullman, Washington in YEARS and both the fans/players know they can win it. Also remember, yes UCLA would love a pac-10 title, but WSU is playing for a share! How big is that? Projected to finish last in the conference and now you have a game to give you a chance to get into tied for 1st? WSU will definately leave it all on the court tonight. I would compare Florida right now to UCLA. Both are great teams but are relatively flat for what they could be accomplishing. At home UCLA was wire to wire with Cal for awhile, had to pull out big come from behind victories against USC both times, played ASU close for awhile and of course had those losses to Stanford and Oregon. Be careful to not get caught up in all the UCLA hype, they haven't been ALL as advertised in conference play in my opinion. Here is what I wrote about the game in my thread:

A special note on the UCLA -1 Washington St. I would advise everyone to NOT take this game either way. This is one of the most clear tossups I have seen this year. Washington St. will be fired up, and is a VERY good team (stuck with UCLA the whole way @ Pauley and has beat plenty of good teams), UCLA is a bit down, not perfect but does have the potential to beat anyone. Home court for Wash St. makes this anyone's game, and it literally is anyone's game. Anyone making a pick on this game either just really wants to gamble on a big game, or isn't looking at the full story.

Who knows, UCLA could blow them out, WSU could blow them out, or it could be a "whoever has the ball last" sorta game. As closely as I follow the Pac-10, I can not find myself even leaning a certain way on this one.
    Last edited by Delta00; 03-01-2007, 06:30 PM.

Comment

hope you hit that 9 unit play!

Comment

I appreciate your response, and I know that its for a share of the title if WSU is able to win... However, I still stand still by my factors that I briefly explained...I am probably going to sweat this one out til the end but I just believe that UCLA wins this fairly comfortably tonight...It should be fun to watch!!!
        NCAA Basketball
        86-66-2... +77.3Units
        Parlay...0-0...

Comment

Originally posted by reignman03 View Post
          I appreciate your response, and I know that its for a share of the title if WSU is able to win... However, I still stand still by my factors that I briefly explained...I am probably going to sweat this one out til the end but I just believe that UCLA wins this fairly comfortably tonight...It should be fun to watch!!!
          UCLA does have the tenacity, leadership, confidence and experience to pull out the close ones (although that doesn't always translate into a W)! As a USC fan, a loss for WSU would help us out, so I'll be pulling for ya, GL!

Comment

Nice Win!
            NCAA Basketball
            86-66-2... +77.3Units
            Parlay...0-0...

Comment

nice W

Nice win Reignman. I had UCLA too, though i wasnt as confident as you.
              well done

Comment

Working...
              X