Mark's NCAA Hoops Season Long Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark's NCAA Hoops Season Long Thread

It is time to jump into college hoops. I usually wait until January when conference play really gets into swing, but I have been keeping my eyes on things and I feel I can pick some winners now.

I am going to do this a little different than I do football. Instead of posting daily threads, I think I will just keep everything in one continuous running thread. I will not have the long winded write-ups that I do in football either. Much of the time I will not even have a write-up at all.

In football I had best bets (3 units), strong plays (2 units) and regular plays (1 unit). Everything in college hoops will be for one unit. I am going to try and limit the amount of plays and if I do that I am going to strongly like my picks and cannot justify making one better than another. I probably will not make this a daily thing yet, so I will be taking some days off. With that being said, lets get started.

Wednesday, December 5th

Pittsburgh -5.5 vs Duquesne……….Duquesne improved, but Pitt is much better. Might be close for a while, but talent pulls away in the 2nd half.

Creighton +11.5 vs Xavier……………..Xavier not this many points better than Creighton. This reeks of a close game to me.

S Alabama -4 vs S Mississippi…………..Sometimes you just have to go with gut feelings this early.

There you have it, my first night in college hoops. Of course I would love to start 3-0, but I will be fine with 2-1.

Good Luck Everybody!! Opinions welcome.

Thursday, December 6th

1-2 (-1.20 units) Wednesday
    1-2 (-1.20 units) Season

Ouch! Tough start. Or at least some bad luck to start. I lost the Pitt play by a ½ point. I should have waited on that line as it dropped to 4.5 which would have made me a winner. Dropped another close one with Creighton, while my only winner was S Alabama and that was probably my least favorite of the three. That is the way the ball bounces. Three plays for tonight. Sorry, no write-ups on these ones.

Providence -3.5
    Niagara -3
    SE Miss St -3

Probably taking Friday off this week. Have a Christmas party to attend. Should be back Saturday morning with a few plays, although if I recall, as well as I did in college hoops, I have always sucked on Saturdays….just too many games, so if I don’t do well after a few Saturday’s, I will probably skip them.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Comment

Friday, December 7th

2-1 (+0.90 units) Thursday
      3-3 (-0.30 units) Season

I had a winning night in night number two, so I am happy to be at 3-3 on the young season. I was going to take Friday off, but I think I will make just one play tonight for something to do.

Loyola-MD -3 vs Iona…………..Just a gut feeling here that Iona is horrible and will be in for a long, long season this year. Nothing special about Loyola, so this is more of a play against Iona. Sometimes this early in the year you just have to go with gut feelings, so that is what I did.

I have a really busy Saturday, but I am hoping to post all my plays early in the morning.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Comment

After today, I am not going to post all in one thread. I have decided that can get way to long and it would be easier for everybody to read if I start a new thread everyday.

Saturday, December 8th

0-1 (-1.10 units) Friday
        3-4 (-1.40 units) Season

Sort of forced that Loyola-MD play last night. I had planned on taking the night off and then read something and made my pick. That was stupid. Oh well, only one game. Will try and get it back and then some today.

Kent St -4 vs George Mason…………….Same records, but Kent is 4-0 at home. With many of my picks, I have always thought that home court advantage means more in college hoops than any other sport. It should the difference in this one.

Washington +2 vs Pittsburgh……………….Pitt travels across the country for this one and I feel they will run into trouble. They struggled at Duquesne the other night, so traveling all the way to Washington will present more problems for them.

BYU -2 vs Michigan State……………Another small home favorite for me again. Really just feel home court makes the difference again in this one. That seems to be my theme today.

Georgia -4.5 vs Wake Forest………..I am not always crazy about going against ACC teams, but again we have two fairly equal teams and I feel home court pushes Georgia over the top.

Wisconsin -2.5 vs Marquette……………….Same thing as all the above games.

I think I am going to stop at five games. As you can tell I am a big believer in home court advantage in college hoops and I love to take small home favs and home dogs in college hoops. That will probably be my pattern to start the year unless it just all falls apart.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Comment

Working...
        X