Mungar's NCAA Picks - FRIDAY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mungar's NCAA Picks - FRIDAY

Tiny card for Friday, but I like a couple of home dogs.

UC Davis +3
    Iona +3.5

Yesterday: 3-0, +3 units
    YTD: 16-11, +5.7 units

GL, I'm all over UC Davis as well. Was leaning Loyola MD in the other game, any reason in particular you're leaning Iona?

Comment

I like Iona to have a decent bounce back after last years debacle (2-28, 1-17 conference). As bad as that record was, they had so many injuries it was insane. This year their injured players are back, they have a solid coach (former asst at Louisville). I think they will be very competitive in league play this year, keeping their games close. Loyola is more talented than Iona on paper, but I think that Iona's coach is going to have his kids up for the home conference opener. He won his home debut vs. Delaware, but I think he will let be known the importance of starting conference play off strong. They have a taste of winning as well, not coming in with zero wins, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Loyola come out flat thinking that this is the same Iona from last year. Loyola has been bad on the road in this early season losing by double digits to less-than-stellar Mount St. Mary's and Towson. While I think Iona will win this outright on their home floor, I like having the 3.5 point window in case it comes down to the final possession.

Of course, Iona could come out and stink it up because you never know... but as I see it I think this will be a hard fought game that the home team takes in the end. Look for Gray to do well down low, and Prodanovic to take 7 or 8 three-point shots. If he's on, they could pull away.

Prediction: Iona 71, Loyola (MD) 67

Comment

BOL to ya Mungar.....love the Gaels as well!:thumbs:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Gonna add a parlay, since it's a small day, just to have some fun. Going with the 3 home dogs to win straight up :beer2:

3 game parlay
          UC Davis ML +125
          Fairfield ML +135
          Iona ML +135

1 unit to win 11.4

Comment

Well, the parlay was a bad idea. But, at least Iona got the job done IN STYLE, with a thorough beatdown of Loyola. Hopefully UC Davis can make it a positive day for me :thumbs:

Today: 1-0, +1 unit, 1 pending / Parlay: 0-1, -1 unit

YTD: 17-11, +6.7 units
            Parlays: 0-1, -1 unit

Comment

great call on iona. I knew loyola was bad but that was a disgusting performance

Lets go uc davis

Comment

Well, UC Davis was no good, but I did get a fluky win in Division 1-AA football tonight. I took the UNDER for the 2nd half of 35 pts between Appy St. and Richmond. 5th TD of the half scored with about 6 mins left, but App St didnt convert the extra point, and the half ended at 34 :thumbs: lol, but I'll take it! Hopefully hoops goes better tomorrow!

Today: 1-2, -1.1 units

YTD:
                Straight Bets: 17-12,+5.6 units
                Parlays: 0-1, -1 unit

Comment

Working...
                X