Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philospohical Question - Is really good or no?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philospohical Question - Is really good or no?

So tonight Stephen Curry of Davidson, the Mid Major darling of all darlings (who by the way still haven't actually beaten anyone worth noting), shoots 10-24 from the floor and 7-15 from 3 point range. 15 3 point attempts from one player???? I looked into it a bit further and found that he is averaging (including tonight) OVER 11 3 point attempts a game and making 45% of them.

Now, my questions is this? Is he really THAT good? 11+ 3's a game? Seriously? Who wouldn't average 25ppg if you got to take 11 18.5 foot foot jumpers a night???

Am I nuts, or is this Stephen Curry slurping a bit much to stomach at this point? I'm not saying he's not a good player or very good shooter, but jesus... 11+ chucks a game (just from distance)??? He shoots one 3 pointer every 3.5 minutes, or thereabouts. That's insane.

Thoughts???
    Last edited by CuseFan10; 12-22-2007, 01:18 AM.

Checked again and their best win is against Appy State, who is down tremendously, and the rest of the teams they beat are freaking awful.

Let me reiterate, I understand Curry is studly (especially looking at his numbers), but he also plays against and competition, except their losses. I also know he has an injured finger and his numbers are even more impressive because of that, but I guess I'm asking if he's good because of his stats? It's hard to argue he's not I guess, but I don't know. I just can't over the fact that the guy gets to launch 11+ 3 pointers a game. The real problem is that the college 3 point line has become an ABSOLUTE JOKE. I bet if someone looks there is close to 1 3 pointer launched every minute of every college game on average.

Thoughts???

Comment

45% from 3-point range, especially with the high number he takes, is pretty damn good no?

EDIT- Yeah, just checked, the golden boy JJ Reddick shot 40% from 3.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
        45% from 3-point range, especially with the high number he takes, is pretty damn good no?

EDIT- Yeah, just checked, the golden boy JJ Reddick shot 40% from 3.
        Yea Nitts, I'm not at all trying to say he's not a great shooter, he clearly is. But is he an exceptionally good player because he does it against ****ty teams except 5-6 games a year? Ya know?

I guess my main point is that the 3 point line is like a lay-up now for some kids. It's I'll dive into Curry's stats more after putting in the noon stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X