Nigel's 1/9 Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel's 1/9 Picks

Don't have a lot of time for write ups...here's what I like tonight.

URI +3 @ Dayton -- There is a good chance I'll be doing a lot of this :bang: after this game. Picking against UD at UD Arena is not a good idea. Personally, I just think URI is the better team here and they have the depth and experience to sneak out of UD Arena with a win.

Xavier O 141 -- Didn't want to mess with the side in this game....reason being...St. Bonnie coach is a former Xavier Asst. and I think Sean Miller will back off before things get out of hand (if they do). I figure X is good for mid 80's up tonight...lets hope the Bonnies can get some buckets if there is garbage time at the end of the game (being presumptious here, but that's how I sees it)

UMASS -3 v. St. Joe -- St. Joe scares me a little bit...I think they are better than their record...but UMASS is a tough home team and they have a HUGE advantage in the guard position in this one. There are going to be a lot more tough A10 games this year...home wins are a MUST. Think the Minutemen will get it done.

Teaser
    Duke -9
    Tenn -5

All 2 unit plays....Best of luck tonight to everyone...:thumbs:
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

X- GL!.....was wondering who you liked in the DAY game....i have been doing well with them this year so i will stick with them. i honestly liked UMASS, as well in that one and still may play it.....typical year for the men of X...all over the map.....
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

GL Nigel. I totally agree with on URI. They are the better team. They are a legit team, IMHO. I played Dayton, however, due to being at home. First A-10 match-up of Top 25 teams in a few years. Loving the conference this year. Lots of quality teams.

BOL :thumbs:

Comment

Adding another 2 unit play

Cincinnati/Syracuse U 149 -- Just not sure the Bearcats have the firepower to score this many points. If they have any chance of winning, they are going to have to slow the tempo. Hoping this is a physical lower scoring game.

I guess UD is going to have to beat the Celtics before I start giving them their due...they are playing GREAT against URI right now...up 13 at half. DAMN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post

I guess UD is going to have to beat the Celtics before I start giving them their due...they are playing GREAT against URI right now...up 13 at half. DAMN!!!
          :thumbs: .....you gotta give in one of these days Nigel...this isn't your father's DAY flyers...lol.....
          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

This isn't like any Flyers team I've seen in a long time. They have an edge and confidence to them that is impressive. Hopefully, it will come to a screeching halt when they visit the Cintas Center on January 24th.

Its not like I feel that they aren't very good...in year's past, they would look solid in a game or two and then the other foot would drop and they would look lousy. I guess their lousy game was against Akron...in year's past, they would have lost that game...but they figured out a way to snatch a victory in that one.

GL!!

Comment

I think both these teams are pretty similar. If this game was at URI, the Rams would win IMO. Both should be NCAA tourney bound though.

St Joes putting up 50 in the 1H at UMass surprises me even though I know UMass plays no defense.

I also had the Cuse/Cincy UNDER circled at 149.5 but layed off it since it seems Cuse can get these teams to play how they want them.

Comment

2-3 for the night....yuck. I got lucky on Az St. but didn't post...still pretty much got juiced toinght...oh well, it could be worse.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the X line is Saturday against Fordham. Unless the line is ridiculous, I'm on X. I just watched the post game press conference for X and man.....Sean Miller was PISSED. I would have to imagine the game on Saturday against Fordham will be a welcome vacation for the X players....he absolutely abused the team in the press conference after the game.

I gotta say....I have to think Miller is going to be off to bigger things after this season...the guy is really a great coach. I think he is every bit the coach that Matta is...he may not have Matta in recruiting...but he's got the game coaching down.

Maybe he'll stay at X...who knows....but this guy is one serious, tough SOB. And as an X fan, I like it.

GL the rest of the week. And take note...if X is favored over Fordham by less than...oh, say...25...I would take the Musketeers....they are going to be foaming at the mouth on Saturday.

GL!!

Comment

Working...
                X