Nigel's A10 Pick 1/10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel's A10 Pick 1/10

Just betting on the only A10 game tonight....

SLU +1 @ GW -- Talk about 2 teams going in the opposite directions....I have a feeling, as do many A10 fans, that SLU has been flying under the radar during non conference play while they are adjusting to playing under Majerus. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see SLU make some noise and knock off some of the ranked and more highly publicized teams in the A10 this year. Liddell and Lisch are as good a guard combo as the A10 has to offer, with the possible exception of Lavender and Burrell. GW, on the other hand...wow...they aren't good. I'm wondering if Hobbs hasn't lost them already...they are playing some bad basketball right now. SLU does have UD coming to town on Saturday...so I hope they don't look past this game....but to be 2-0 in conference with the possibility of a big home win against Dayton, they've got to get the job done tonight.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win this game by DDs. I think the GW fans are unhappy right now and I'm not sure how many of them will make it to the game tonight, which could hurt any home court advantage they might have.

I'm gonna put 5 units on this one as I feel pretty confident that the Billikins will get it done.

GL!!! :thumbs:
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Nigel- GL!....on it with you at +1.....
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

gl Nigel, on SLU as well..:thumbs:
      **ALL PLAYS ARE TO WIN 1UNIT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED**

Comment

Adding one more game that I'll probably regret...but hey, why not?

1 unit play

Auburn/Arkansas U 139 -- When Auburn has played anyone of consequence, they haven't scored much. They put up 62 @ Tulane in a loss, 59 in a loss against WVU and 57 against Xavier. So, I'm hoping that trend continues tonight. I'm a little worried that Arkansas might put up some points tonight because Auburn's roster is so depleted...so, I'm putting a little faith in Jeff Lebo tonight. Common sense dictates that when you have 6 scholarship players on your roster, you need to slow the game down....with such a thin bench, Auburn simply can't run up and down the floor with other SEC teams. I'm hoping that Auburn plays a zone and Arkansas doesn't light that zone up like X did to Auburn last weekend. I'm hoping the score is in the 70-60 range....

If Lebo decides he wants to run and gun with 6 scholarship players, well...then I'll be burned for a unit and he will officially be an idiot.

GL!! :thumbs:

Comment

GL Nigel, like both and will probably play SLU before 8pm.

Comment

As an aside to your post last night about his not being your father's Flyers, Nigel that characteristic seems to have left now that Brian Gregory has rid himself of Purnell's players while Ole Ollie seems to have picked that up at Clemson. People are really sleeping on a solid, well balanced Flyer team in the A 10. And they have made a lot of noise without Chris Wright who re-injured himself last night. Keep an eye on them and the game on the 24th should be a fantastic game of contrasting tempo's.
            MLB
            May
            Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
            Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
            Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
            Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
            Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
            Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

nigel, want to hop aboard on this one with ya , but I cant bet on STL as road chalk with their road scores so far on the season....

gl though tonight, cant wait for the a-10 picks all year, ST Joes is gonna be a tough team for Xavier and Dayton, saw them a couple times this year, Martelli is really doing a good job with what he has... the A-10 is looking alright this year, shoulde be an interesting year in that conference
              To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
              2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Good God....one thing you can't cap is the ball going in the basket. If you had told me GW would have 25 points at half before the game, I would have felt good about that.

SLU 3-25 FG (12%)
                SLU 0-8 3 Pt FG

Rebounds and turnovers are pretty much dead even. Pathetic...7 points in a half....almost as bad as that team that scored 4 points in the 2nd half against K State.

Sorry, guys. But like I said, its hard to envision a team going 3-25 for a half.

Comment

These numbers are so utterly amazing, they deserve to be posted....

7-48 FG (14.6%)
                  1-19 3 Pt. FG (5.3%)
                  5-10 FT (50%)

Again, you just can't cap that ****....if you had told me GW scores 49 before the game started, I probably would have lost my house on SLU....just one of those games.

Again, sorry to those that tailed my sorry azz on that one...back on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
                    These numbers are so utterly amazing, they deserve to be posted....

7-48 FG (14.6%)
                    1-19 3 Pt. FG (5.3%)
                    5-10 FT (50%)

Again, you just can't cap that ****....if you had told me GW scores 49 before the game started, I probably would have lost my house on SLU....just one of those games.

Again, sorry to those that tailed my sorry azz on that one...back on Saturday.
                    Nigel no worries.....we all tail at our own risk......but in all honesty they scored 39 and 40 points in their L2 road games which i didn't know until i looked it up a few minutes ago....so their poor shooting (though not that bad) shouldn't be all that much of a surprise. Get it back next time....:thumbs:
                    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Thanks, Flyers...those WERE their 2 worst outputs of the year @ BC and @ Kent State...every other game, they scored enough to have covered in this game. GW gave up 39 to Maryland Eastern Shore...every other team they had played to date had scored over 50 (which would have won tonight)...Christ, they gave up 89 points to Maryland Baltimore County.

Meh....such is life when you place money on 18-22 year olds playing a long season....**** like this happens.

It will be interesting to see how SLU does with Dayton coming to town on Saturday....Dayton plays with three times the defensive intensity than GW does...maybe Dayton will hold them scoreless....(now watch SLU somehow beat Dayton)

Comment

Working...
                      X