Saint Louis Billikens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint Louis Billikens

Is that the most embarrassing loss you've ever had? It is for me.

Wow. We all got on board with one another and convinced ourselves Majerus was the key here foregoing essentially anything else. Oh well, live and learn. Flat betting = : )

Thoughts????

And by embarrassing, I mean personally offensive. Not really worldly embarrassing cause who cares in the grand scheme of things....

Comment

Cuse- the worst bets you can make are on bad road teams, and even worse is on a bad road team getting 1 fking point. Laying -1, -2, -3 on the road or playing road teams and getting Pk to +2/3 is recipe for disaster if you do so over the long haul. It really was not a good play. I did't research it and tailed along but when you have a road team that scored 39 and 40 points in its last 2 road games it's not good to take them and get 1 point. The cap was based, as you said, on conjecture. I personally think it is a good learning tool for everyone. I avoid those plays usually like the plague. The flip side was LOU tonight laying only 2 vs. a team WVU who doesn't shoot well on the road. Low lined home favorites are gold more often than not and low lined road dogs/chalk are what you got tonight more often then not.

But yeah, flat betting and it's only 1 loss and you move on...:thumbs:...TG i played it 1/2 a normal play.

I believe that was the low for the shot clock era.......:puke:
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
        Cuse- the worst bets you can make are on bad road teams, and even worse is on a bad road team getting 1 fking point....

Rack it.
        ****ty move on my part for sure. :bang:

Comment

It's a misstep, you know? Whatever. As great as this forum is, it can also take you down too (IMHO). I cap plays then go through the threads of people I respect and wish them good luck and then put my stuff in (generally). I USUALLY never change anything but today I did. I had GW circled and played Saint Louis because I convinced myself (after looking at GW's sorry ass wins and respected cappers thoughts) that it was the good play. Now, I went to school in Wash DC, and went to MANY Colonial games and that home court is pretty brutal when they get it going. It's small, confined, HOT, etc etc... It's just uncomfortable.

Stupid play. Let's move on and learn from this thread. :thumbs:
          Last edited by CuseFan10; 01-11-2008, 12:25 AM. Reason: grammar po-po on myself

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post

Stupid play. Let's move on and learn from this thread. :thumbs:
            :thumbs:...i just really kick myself when i talk myself into doing something i know is a gambling no-no......i can win or lose plays but i hate screwing up the process.....cost myself 2 Units in the NHL tonight on a sloppy job on a game......not in a good mood due to some missteps today even though i had a good/decent day in both
            Last edited by FlyersFan; 01-11-2008, 12:25 AM.
            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
              :thumbs:...i just really kick myself when i talk myself into doing something i know is a gambling no-no......i can win or lose plays but i hate screwing up the process.....
              Right with ya. My tease affliction is a hard habit I can't break. I literally CIRCLED our first President. And played a Billiken. :blackeye:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                Right with ya. My tease affliction is a hard habit I can't break. I literally CIRCLED our first President. And played a Billiken. :blackeye:
                Are you ever right......

25 lightning on St louis, -5 units (MAX LOSS)
                Killed a tease that i put in to back up the light, -2.4 units

-7.4 units on the billikens who missed their first 10 shots of the game, gathered mulitple rebounds down in the paint and missed easy put backs, and i think, in total, had a final shooting percentage under 15%.

That was the most absurd loss I have ever been involved with. I wouldnt be this pissed if werent for so much loot, but still......

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

Betting aside...how do you score only 20 pts in a full game????
                  The starting backcourt for STL went 2-21 or something like that.
                  The team leader scored 5
                  A guy had ONE Assist. It led the team.
                  46 players in NCAA yesterday scored more then 20 pts.

Just for the hell of it....I went out to my driveway before I left for work this morning. It took me 6 minutes to hit 11 jumpers (aka score 22 points). Part of the reason it took so long was cuz one of my misses rolled out of the driveway and started to roll down the street.
                  If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

Jesus, I said I was sorry....LOL. It was the worst loss I've ever experienced...by far. But like I said in my thread, there are some things you just can't cap. 7-48 FG and 1-19 from 3 Pt land are two of them. Goes along with trying to cap 18-22 yr. olds throughout a long season. SLU was playing better...honestly, before last night, GW was a sinking ship...wins at home against Longwood and MD Eastern Shore surrounded by a bunch of horrible losses...plus, the GW fans weren't into it...calling for Hobbs' head. The home court advantage last night (fan wise) didn't mean much...the place wasn't rocking by any stretch. The ball just wasn't going into the basket....it snowballed and SLU had a complete meltdown. There is no excuse to score 20 pts. with Lisch and Liddell on the same team.

I just sat there laughing at the screen as I watched it...what else can you do?

Although I've always had a theory about betting....if I'm on the fave and they aren't going to cover, they may as well lose....guess the same theory applies...wasn't like that was a heartbreaker last night.

Last night could have been a brutal night for some people. I put a small wager down on Wisky -11 and watched as Wisky committed an unforced turnover with about 10 seconds left, when Illinois wasn't even going to foul...alley oop at the buzzer and the game goes from 12 to 10....that was more infuriating to me than watching the abomination that occurred @ GW.
                    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
                      Jesus, I said I was sorry....LOL. It was the worst loss I've ever experienced...by far. But like I said in my thread, there are some things you just can't cap. 7-48 FG and 1-19 from 3 Pt land are two of them. Goes along with trying to cap 18-22 yr. olds throughout a long season. SLU was playing better...honestly, before last night, GW was a sinking ship...wins at home against Longwood and MD Eastern Shore surrounded by a bunch of horrible losses...plus, the GW fans weren't into it...calling for Hobbs' head. The home court advantage last night (fan wise) didn't mean much...the place wasn't rocking by any stretch. The ball just wasn't going into the basket....it snowballed and SLU had a complete meltdown. There is no excuse to score 20 pts. with Lisch and Liddell on the same team.

I just sat there laughing at the screen as I watched it...what else can you do?

Although I've always had a theory about betting....if I'm on the fave and they aren't going to cover, they may as well lose....guess the same theory applies...wasn't like that was a heartbreaker last night.

Last night could have been a brutal night for some people. I put a small wager down on Wisky -11 and watched as Wisky committed an unforced turnover with about 10 seconds left, when Illinois wasn't even going to foul...alley oop at the buzzer and the game goes from 12 to 10....that was more infuriating to me than watching the abomination that occurred @ GW.
                      Yeah, i hear yah Nigel. Although your post was influential, we definitely arent frying you for that game. And i hear your Wiscy grief, but having the headline of an article saying "St Louis Sets D1 record by only scoring 20 Points" and you just happened to be the knucklehead that loaded up on them, just stings a bit more for me.....:puke:

Oh well, My SJU Hawks will bring me some A 10 loot soon.........

Comment

Thoughts

I wrote a whole post about how this forum can be as detrimental as it can be good.

Comment

doing this day in and day out, it is bound to happen that we'll all hop on the wrong side of a game.......

I happened to be on the wrong side of a lot of game yesterday.....

Oh well, need to move on. For the most part, this site helps me avoid those catastrophes....so for that, i'm thankful......

Comment

Thoughts

I wrote a whole post about how this forum can be as detrimental as it can be good (last night). I might have even drunkenly posted it and am rehashing my ideas. While I think the first sentence is true, only for experienced, confident cappers, I also think it's horse****. Nigel bud, NO need to blame yourself for anyone else jumping on the SLU train last night. Your post was informative, intelligent, and genuinely well though out. That being said, someone like myself who has been gambling for 10 years now (I understand I'm not of the "old guard", 30 bettor), should be smart enough not to change a play based on reading another respected cappers thoughts. Should I have crossed of GW? Maybe. Probably. But in no way is it your fault any of us followed into the cavern of hell that was SLU last night.

Keep up the good work :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                            X