NCAACBB Saturday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAACBB Saturday

3 nice nights in a row, but i have to be honest....not having really followed the season much so far, the HUGE card for today might as well be in brail........i might have had a class in college i never went to and didn't do so well in.....this card looks like a couple of those test might have looked to me....:laughing:

PUR -1...........3Units............congrats OSU....you are 3-0 and you have beaten 3 teams with a collective ZERO wins in the big10. PUR played OSU tough in Columbus last year and that was with the all NBA first round team. I told BB i really liked his squad at home and this is one of those games i had circled. I honestly think PUR wins this by 5-7 points. Unless Butler scores 30 and somebody else goes off, i like PUR. They showed me a lot in the 2H vs. Michigan State the other night.

X -10 1/2 (1H)..............nigel special....dude owes me some serious cash from that horrible St.Louis pick of his i tailed the other night.....:laughing:....J/K Nigel....but not really.........lol......

WRST -240/UCLA -300 (-112)..........no way CLEST sweeps this roadie and WSU hasn't played anyone who could beat 5 guys from this forum this year. Only worry are the injuries to M'bah a' FlyersFan and Collison.

CSUN -220...........i think they beat Pacific today, but not sure if by 5. I honestly think they may win by DD, but this league is so wacky i am just going to play the ML. Maybe i should make the 15 minute drive to see this one tonight....NOT....:laughing:

may add some more...probably will....i am going blind looking at all the games.....

GL to everyone!
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

GL FF, not sure if I'll play any CBB the rest of the year. I just looked over the card and it looked like Chinese braille to me. I couldn't name you 5 teams in the top 10 if you paid me a hundred bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
      3 nice nights in a row, but i have to be honest....not having really followed the season much so far, the HUGE card for today might as well be in brail........i might have had a class in college i never went to and didn't do so well in.....this card looks like a couple of those test might have looked to me....:laughing:

PUR -1...........3Units............congrats OSU....you are 3-0 and you have beaten 3 teams with a collective ZERO wins in the big10. PUR played OSU tough in Columbus last year and that was with the all NBA first round team. I told BB i really liked his squad at home and this is one of those games i had circled. I honestly think PUR wins this by 5-7 points. Unless Butler scores 30 and somebody else goes off, i like PUR. They showed me a lot in the 2H vs. Michigan State the other night.

X -10 1/2 (1H)..............nigel special....dude owes me some serious cash from that horrible St.Louis pick of his i tailed the other night.....:laughing:....J/K Nigel....but not really.........lol......

WRST -240/UCLA -300 (-112)..........no way CLEST sweeps this roadie and WSU hasn't played anyone who could beat 5 guys from this forum this year. Only worry are the injuries to M'bah a' FlyersFan and Collison.

CSUN -220...........i think they beat Pacific today, but not sure if by 5. I honestly think they may win by DD, but this league is so wacky i am just going to play the ML. Maybe i should make the 15 minute drive to see this one tonight....NOT....:laughing:

may add some more...probably will....i am going blind looking at all the games.....

GL to everyone!

you got 9,000 channels on that TV of yours so dont worry about going to the game
      ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
      NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
      MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
      CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
        GL FF, not sure if I'll play any CBB the rest of the year. I just looked over the card and it looked like Chinese braille to me. I couldn't name you 5 teams in the top 10 if you paid me a hundred bucks.
        hey, what's your thoughts on the MIN/PSU game. I really wanted to take PSU, but i have this really really weird feeling/hunch that MIN pulls the upset. And yeah card looked the same to me, but somehow i have managed to win some coin, so we'll see where it goes. I honestly at this point don't see myself getting that in depth so i can pretty much shine about 7 or 8 of the conferences which is no way to play, but so be it. Rather do some hockey and can't do it all.....

hey dan.....it's 9001 channels and i may just stay home and watch it...and the postgame sock puppet interviews....:laughing:....and just cause it's DC weekend don't think i am going to cut your hours this weekend....plenty of driveways to shovel and we're working regular hours.....

GL to everyone!

Comment

With how disinterested I've been in college hoops this year, I have follwed the Lions pretty closely. Penn State is really good at home, and Minnesota seems to be equally as bad on the road. The biggest key to PSU's recent success is the fact that Freshman Talor Battle hasn't been throwing up 15 shots per game. The kid is NOT a good shooter at this point in his career, but to start the year he insisted on chucking up 12-17 per game(0-11 from 3 in the UCF game...seriously....0-11...) and the team struggled because of it. Penn State should be able to out-board Minnesota, and play some good D on them considering they struggled to score in their last 2 road contests. Penn State actually takes care of the ball very well in terms of turnovers, which is surprising considering they have 2 new guys running the point in Battle and Pringle(with Walker playing some point). With all that said, this for some reason feels like a game where Penn State will lay an egg. They've won a bunch in a row, got a big road upset at Illinois, and have a fairly skilled team coming in with a coach that will have no problem at all out-coaching Ed DeChellis. I'd say with the enormity of the card, unless you're hurtin' for action or have a pretty good read on it, I'd stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
            With how disinterested I've been in college hoops this year, I have follwed the Lions pretty closely. Penn State is really good at home, and Minnesota seems to be equally as bad on the road. The biggest key to PSU's recent success is the fact that Freshman Talor Battle hasn't been throwing up 15 shots per game. The kid is NOT a good shooter at this point in his career, but to start the year he insisted on chucking up 12-17 per game(0-11 from 3 in the UCF game...seriously....0-11...) and the team struggled because of it. Penn State should be able to out-board Minnesota, and play some good D on them considering they struggled to score in their last 2 road contests. Penn State actually takes care of the ball very well in terms of turnovers, which is surprising considering they have 2 new guys running the point in Battle and Pringle(with Walker playing some point). With all that said, this for some reason feels like a game where Penn State will lay an egg. They've won a bunch in a row, got a big road upset at Illinois, and have a fairly skilled team coming in with a coach that will have no problem at all out-coaching Ed DeChellis. I'd say with the enormity of the card, unless you're hurtin' for action or have a pretty good read on it, I'd stay away.
            thanks for the input. that was basically my thoughts, but i usually like the big10 games and do well at them. in all honesty, i felt the same way you said about that game and to me, 2 1/2 points on the road is a bad play unless you really think they win the game. and as good as PSU has been at home, it's kind of hard to surmise that they lay an egg and then make a play based on that. On my soap box again, but i think the best plays on the board are home favorites Pk to 3 points which makes the worst plays usually road dogs where you get no points or 1 or 2. I am probably just going to stay away as you said. I really do have a weird feeling that PSU does lay an egg here....especially as you said off that road upset. Teams that aren't quite there yet do things like that, and something tells me Tubby was out of his league at Kentucky, but he has that team doing some good things and he isn't going to get outcoached by Ed Degenerous...lol......

Comment

thanks for the input. that was basically my thoughts, but i usually like the big10 games and do well at them. in all honesty, i felt the same way you said about that game and to me, 2 1/2 points on the road is a bad play unless you really think they win the game. and as good as PSU has been at home, it's kind of hard to surmise that they lay an egg and then make a play based on that. On my soap box again, but i think the best plays on the board are home favorites Pk to 3 points which makes the worst plays usually road dogs where you get no points or 1 or 2. I am probably just going to stay away as you said. I really do have a weird feeling that PSU does lay an egg here....especially as you said off that road upset. Teams that aren't quite there yet do things like that, and something tells me Tubby was out of his league at Kentucky, but he has that team doing some good things and he isn't going to get outcoached by Ed Degenerous...lol......
              Yeah, like you said, it is EXTREMELY hard to win on the road in the Big 10. Someone showed me the road records of OSU, Wisconsin, and MSU over the last few years and they were all around 10-25 or something like that. So less talented teams than those, like Minnesota, would have even more trouble going on the road and winning. I would never play Minnesota "just because Penn State is due to lay an egg" but I definitely feel like they will. I'll take a stab and say Minnesota wins 65-60 or thereabouts, but on the other hand, wouldn't be surprised to see Penn State come out and dominate tip-to-whistle.

Either way, GL tomorrow(today), I'll be busy all day but hope ya cash all of 'em :beerbang:

Comment

nitts- THX!...i completely agree and if i was getting 5 or so, i would take a shot with MIN, but getting 2 1/2 or 3 really isn't worth it in my book.....i do think my hunch plays out, but we'll see..........and yeah, i have actually played a ML system in the big10 the past few years and made a killing taking low lined home favorites in big matchups on the ML....usually like IND -150 over MSU or something like that. Been a great system and i would say has accounted for over 50percent of my hoops profit the past couple years. that is why i don't really like getting almost nothing on the road with a big10 team. In fact, i am on PUR today as a small home favorite.

enjoy the weekend....:thumbs:....pens lose today....putting my money where my mouth is too....:beerbang:

Comment

....pens lose today...
                  :nono:

gl on the college bball today Flyers......not so much on that pens game though :laughing:

:thumbs:
                  **ALL PLAYS ARE TO WIN 1UNIT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED**

Comment

GL to everyone!
                    all joking and non homer aside it should be a good game..obv will be rooting for pacific (see avatar) but no bet for me as northridge proboboly gets the win in a close one..northridge playing great ball to start league play and at home while uop is inconsistent on the road..think uop is/will be the better team come tournament time on a neutral floor when it matters the most

Comment

GL Today FF.....Northridge:thumbs:

Comment

Good Luck FF!

Comment

GL Flyers. I emailed you back too. I am pissed I missed out on a couple noon tips, mostly NC State who always plays up their competition and down to their ****ty opponents. 18 points? Damn...

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                            GL Flyers. I emailed you back too. I am pissed I missed out on a couple noon tips, mostly NC State who always plays up their competition and down to their ****ty opponents. 18 points? Damn...
                            goP, S2, Whaley- THX!....

cuse- yeah, i saw that. no biggee. i was guessing you were a big baseball guy and didn't know what you had going league wise. this is one of the oldest leagues around and i believe they have like 200+ 10 team mixed leagues. i get bugged every year to grab a team, but i really don't have time to do something full time. sounds like you already have your hands full. we'll put together another Predictem one this year. Currently i hold the predictem football, hockey and baseball titles, so i may just retire on top....:laughing:

how in the world, BTW do you miss out on noon tips. crap, those things start at 9AM out here...talk about having to have your **** together early......

Comment

how in the world, BTW do you miss out on noon tips. crap, those things start at 9AM out here...talk about having to have your **** together early......
                              Woke up late cause was fighting/discussing things with the girl about "our break" til 4am. Woke up 1130 here. NC State looks awful right now anyway so maybe it was a goodthing.

Comment

Working...
                              X