Greg Oden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Oden

Can this guy at least look like he is happy that his team won without him? I was rooting for OSU but seriously he should have received a technical foul or at least an intentional foul at the end which would have knocked them out of the tourney.

seriously, i get the impression he's just biding his time until the nba draft....

Comment

he is no where near as dominant as Durant. He is more of a "presence" than anything, IMO, and the he has to be "accounted" for. As a player, i personally think he needs more seasoning and should come back
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

i compare his personality (NOT how they play) to that of tim duncan...they're not very outwardly emotional...kinda reserved and professional. just play and get the job done...i think you'll see him act similar in the nba
        NCAABB YTD (39-32-3)(+15.25 units)
        NBA YTD (9-8) (+.25 units)
        MLB (1-4) (-4.15 units)

Comment

I would take Oden over Durant if I had the first pick in the draft. Obviously im not saying he is better than Durant at this point in his career but they are two completley different players. There are plenty of players out there that are comparable to Durant, there are none that compare to Oden and his presence inside.

I think Durant is ready, Oden may be better served by staying another year at Ohio St. Although why would he? He is going to be the first overall pick no questions asked.
          NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
          NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
          NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
          NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

I thought Oden played a good game. The last 9 second foul should have been intentional ; he barely restrained himself from using fists. But hats off to OSU for hitting clutch comeback shots against the crowd. I had Xmen beating OSU in my bracket and this one was tough. I know this is an Oden thread but I want to add two cents about Xavier playing a great beatdown game in all phases (thanks Nigel for the season long education) .
            yesterday 0-6

NCAAB 43-31 (+12u)

Comment

Yea, there are plenty of NBA players comparable to Durant....but as far as none being like Oden, I must disagree. Problem is that most of them aren't any good....or are only good off the bench, in limited duty...and mostly on the defensive end.

I also think Oden is a HUGE risk for an NBA team to take if he comes out after this season....while you know what you're getting with Durant. He needs some conditioning physically IMO to compete in the NBA, but skills wise, he's ready.

Oden IMO is ready physically, but not close on the offensive end, so you are taking a chance that his offensive skills develop to the level necessary to play in the NBA, where he'll be playing against FAR larger, more talented, and more seasoned players, and will not look quite as physically imposing either when matched against guys like Shaq, Duncan, Amare, Dwight Howard, etc as he does against college athletes that will never even get a whiff of the NBA D-league.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerbeek View Post
                Can this guy at least look like he is happy that his team won without him? I was rooting for OSU but seriously he should have received a technical foul or at least an intentional foul at the end which would have knocked them out of the tourney.
                Oden wasn't pouting that his team won without him. That's just his personality. He doesn't show a lot of emotion. Have you watched many OSU games this year? If you had, you would have known this.

Comment

I must admit I haven't seen them play much and I didn't think he was pouting. I just thought it looked like he could really care less in a game that was unbelievably exciting. I would think that most people would at least be cheering on their teammates. The ending of that game is what makes March Madness great! After a ho-hum first 2 days hopefully the excite is here!

Comment

Working...
                  X