• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Hoops Mon 1/21

Oklahoma St +3
    Pepperdine +9
    San Fran +19.5

2 units each

lol...why do they always have to put GONZ on TV in that slot vs. some ****ty team??......would be nice to actually get a watchable game in that slot for us WC people. GL!....
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I think i'd sometimes rather watch the WCC game (granted, it wouldn't always have to be freakin Gonzaga) than some of the crappers we get here in the 7pm and 9pm eastern time slots on ESPN.

I actually enjoy watching the WCC games in the smaller gyms and with the lesser talented players who often really scrap it out, instead of the NBA type dunk-a-thons some of the bigger schools seem to be producing these days and listen to the announcers do nothing buy hype up where some of these guys are gonna go in the NBA draft after they've been playing college ball for a whole month :puke:

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
        I think i'd sometimes rather watch the WCC game (granted, it wouldn't always have to be freakin Gonzaga) than some of the crappers we get here in the 7pm and 9pm eastern time slots on ESPN.

I actually enjoy watching the WCC games in the smaller gyms and with the lesser talented players who often really scrap it out, instead of the NBA type dunk-a-thons some of the bigger schools seem to be producing these days and listen to the announcers do nothing buy hype up where some of these guys are gonna go in the NBA draft after they've been playing college ball for a whole month :puke:
        totally agree....i guess my point was that the entire conference plays on Mondays so why do they always have to subject us to Gonzaga vs. some inferior team like Pepperdine last week and USF this week. I would much rather see some of the other teams match up in a competitive game. But that is ESPN for you......would rather showcase Gonzaga in a 90-65 game rather than show a competitive game featruing other teams. I know you are on USF, but USF is just horrible......and to show them on the road vs. Gonzaga in a game that you already know the Zags will win by DD is a waste, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
          lol...why do they always have to put GONZ on TV in that slot vs. some ****ty team??......would be nice to actually get a watchable game in that slot for us WC people. GL!....
          There was big article on that somewhere (I can't remember where) about the WCC securing the ESPN TV contract and really bolstering it's notoriety and helping the conference with recruiting. Gonzaga has been in like 60% of the games on Big Monday, which the other schools are jealous of, but they also recognize no games at all would be if not for Gonzaga's recent 10 year success so it's kinda a "catch 22" for them. Also, this year that is one of the WORST Mid Major conferences. They have two good teams, one semi-mediocre one, and the other 6-7 absolutely suck.

Comment

I'm guessing they picked this game because Sutton is going for win #800, isn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
              I'm guessing they picked this game because Sutton is going for win #800, isn't he?
              LMAO......yeah....and he's going to get it with a team who is 0-10 on the road up AT Gonzaga.....:laughing:......

they put it on because as Cuse said, Gonzaga is the big draw in that conference.....still going to be a blowout and a worthless game to watch unless the Zags completely phone it in

Comment

Pepperdine +370

1 unit

Have a strange feeling the Waves might pull the upset tonight. Santa Clara has really gone to hell lately with the exception of beating crappy Loyola Marymount. I'll take the chance at +370, lol

Comment

lmao.....NBA garbage 3 gets you the cover....:beerbang:.........:beerbang:

Comment

LMFAO, Santa Clara is ****in unconscious

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                      lmao.....NBA garbage 3 gets you the cover....:beerbang:.........:beerbang:
                      LOL, i'll take it. About 99 more of those in a row to make up for all the losses I've gotten when the dog covers the whole game and then blows the cover by fouling 20 times in the last 30 seconds, all the unders I lose the same way, and all the dogs I play who take the game to OT and then go to **** and lose by like 15 :laughing:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                        There was big article on that somewhere (I can't remember where) about the WCC securing the ESPN TV contract and really bolstering it's notoriety and helping the conference with recruiting. Gonzaga has been in like 60% of the games on Big Monday, which the other schools are jealous of, but they also recognize no games at all would be if not for Gonzaga's recent 10 year success so it's kinda a "catch 22" for them. Also, this year that is one of the WORST Mid Major conferences. They have two good teams, one semi-mediocre one, and the other 6-7 absolutely suck.
                        Who is the semi-mediocre team? Santa Clara? I agree the conference is crap.
                        Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Yes it is...although IMO SF and PEP have some decent young talent from what i've seen so far this year.

I'm looking forward to PEP hopefully being dogged at home to Santa Clara on Feb 16. IMO PEP would have won outright last night had S.C. not shot the lights out for almost the entire 1st half, and unless something like that happens again, the Waves will take em down next time. That big dope on S.C. with the frizzy hair is a terrible defender, and can't do anything but score within 2 feet of the basket. Not to mention he makes Shaq look like Ben Johnson getting up and down the court. I don't know what all the stink is about with that guy with all the announcers who do the WCC games. He'll never even sniff the NBDL.

In any case, one thing about the WCC, no other conference in America has as many guys with just absolutely horrible hair cuts, lol

Comment

Working...
                          X