• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuesday college hoops

BEST BETS (12-9)(+6.30 units)
    STRONG PLAYS (10-11)(-4.20 units)
    REGULAR PLAYS (23-16)(+5.40 units)

OVERALL (45-36)(+7.50 units)

I went away for the weekend and made some plays right before I left on Saturday. I went 1-1 on my best bets, strong plays and regular plays. So overall I went 3-3 dropping a little over a half unit. I can live with that seeing how I sort of rushed things. Took Sunday and Monday off from gambling. I am still very pleased with my results so far. I feel like I can improve. Here is what I came up with for Tuesday.

New Mexico -5 vs Utah (Best Bet)………………Not sure why I am making this my best bet of the night, but I have a strong gut feeling New Mexico wins this one by at least ten points. New Mexico a very strong 11-1 at home this year and Utah is on a two game losing streak and playing at the Pit is not the place to correct things. Utah only 2-4 on the road. I just see a lot of value with this line only being five points.

Ohio State -6.5 vs Illinois (Strong Play)……….Almost made this a best bet. OSU already went into Illinois and won by 16, so you would think 6.5 would be no problem at home. This one almost looks too easy. Ohio State is by far the better team at home and 6.5 is a steal. This one should be easy, although I would not be totally shocked to see Illinois win. This might be a trap, but I will try it.

N Illinois -1.5 vs Ball State (Strong Play)…………I love this line going from 3 down to 1.5. Both teams not very good this year, but I think Ball State is living in the past with some lines makers out there. Ball State has yet to win on the road this year and even though N Illinois sucks at 4-12, they are a respectable 4-2 at home. This smells like a winner to me.

Drake +5.5 vs Creighton (regular play)…………I have read a ton about lower ranked giving higher ranked points, but I think that is an old theory that still works, but just not as well as it used to. All of this stuff is factored into the lines. I see Drake getting a loss and Creighton getting the win, but by less than 5.5.

E Michigan -4.5 vs Toledo (regular play)……………This game reminds me a lot of the Ball St/N Illinois game, so I am not going into all the details again. I am just not quite as big on this game as I am N Illinois.

There you go. Feel pretty good about these picks and fully expect a winning night…..then again I always expect a winning night, that does not mean is will happen.

Good Luck Everybody!!

gl 2nite man, wanted to point this out, i am by no means a great capper or anything at this point, but i noticed something you wrote that i think is just not a great line of thinking over the long haul...

"I see Drake getting a loss and Creighton getting the win, but by less than 5.5."

fouling at the end of games could easily put a close game over this number. If you think drake will lose, y not lay a few possessions with creighton? drake may lose by 3 or 4, but if they dont win the game outright there's a better chance they lose by more than a few points. if you dont think drake gets the win, imo it's hard to expect them to lose by less than 5. im not saying drake is a bad play, only questioning ur thought process with it. i know its a small play for u but still money nonetheless.

jsut offering my opinion here, thats what great about this site, we can bounce ideas and opinions off eachother to hopefully better our capping skills. people here have come in my threads with tips to help me out and thats what im trying to do here .

i like the new mex play gl 2nite
    Last edited by TheBeholdah; 01-22-2008, 04:43 PM. Reason: spell

Comment

Thanks...appreciate your opinion and thoughts.

Comment

Working...
      X