The First Field of 65

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Field of 65

Was bored after a half day of work today, and everyone knows by now how much I get into this kinda stuff (especially the NCAA 65), so I perused the standings ONLY - no RPI, no Sagarin, no SOS, no Jimmy Dykes CSI, no Vitale BDI - just me and my mind and here's what I came up with in a quick 5 minute glance:

There are 18 absolute, lockdown 1 BID conferences which I'm not bothering to list because they all suck ass. The following are in no particular order.

A-10 - (3) = Xavier, Dayton, Rhode Island
    ACC - (5) = North Carolina, Duke, Clemson, Boston College, Miami
    B-E - (7) = Georgetown, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Marquette, West Virginia, Villanova, Providence
    B10 - (4) = Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Purdue
    B12 - (5) = Kansas, Kansas State, Texas, Texas A&M, Baylor
    SEC - (6) = Tennessee, Ole Miss, Florida, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Arkansas
    P10 - (6) = UCLA, Washington State, Stanford, USC, Arizona State, Arizona
    USA - (2) = Memphis, Houston
    MWC - (2) = BYU, San Diego State
    MVC - (2) = Creighton, Drake
    WCC - (2) = Saint Mary's, Gonzaga
    COL - (2) = Virginia Commonwealth, George Mason
    HORI - (1/2) = Butler (getting in probably no matter what unless they collapse)

Now, they names are not as important right now as the probable slots. I just picked out teams quickly I thought could get through. I lieft off teams like NC State, Maryland, UNLV, Saint Josephs, Ohio State, Illinois State and UMass (amongst others).

Thoughts? Anyone think they A-10 can get 4 in this year? Does the Valley still get 2? Do the two powerhouses from the WCC get their respect, or does the conference being horribly down kill the one who loses in the conference tourney? Does the Colonial reputation and recent success warrant them getting two bids this year?

:thumbs:

nice cuse, although i was thinking towson instead of vcu lol

Comment

Working...
    X