Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fyi Uconn @ Indiana Game

Heys guys,

I have been following the forum for a while, way back to the UC days where I made a few posts under a different username. Anyways, a bit of info you may want to consider before making a play on this game...

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (January 25, 2008)—University of Connecticut sophomore men’s basketball players Jerome Dyson (Rockville, Md.) and Doug Wiggins (East Hartford, Conn.) have been suspended indefinitely from the team for violation of team rules, it was announced Friday at the team hotel by head coach Jim Calhoun.

Neither player accompanied the team on its trip to Indiana, where the Huskies will play the Hoosiers Saturday at 1:00 p.m. in Assembly Hall.

Dyson has started all 18 games for the Huskies and is averaging 14.3 points per game, second on the team. Wiggins has appeared in all 18 games and is the leading UConn scorer off the bench at 6.6 points per contest.

This was taken directly off the teams website, i'm not sure if it has been made public knowledge yet.

Dyson is one of the teams top scorers and wiggins is undoubtedly the best offensive player off the bench. Without them the team is not very deep at the guard spot and will have to rely on senior guard Craig Austrie (who is not much of an offensive threat but can score occaisionally) and i'm assuming Donnell Beverly who is a freshman and has played very little.

Prior to this knowledge I was planning on taking uconn as I felt the line was a bit inflated. However, I don't think I can make a play with any confidence anymore.

Hope this helps!

Originally posted by Andiminator View Post
    I have been following the forum for a while, way back to the UC days where I made a few posts under a different username.
    I remember you. Your other name wasn't spelt much different.
    If its fun, do it

Comment

GL Chief.
      If its fun, do it

Comment

Working...
      X