OVEN MITT & JoePa's McKinley Birthday Hoops 1/29

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OVEN MITT & JoePa's McKinley Birthday Hoops 1/29

WILLIAM MCKINLEY....our 25th president from Niles, Ohio and lived in Canton has high schools in those two towns named after him! Under his administration the Americans "liberated" Cuba from the Spaniards.

OVEN MITT YTD: 18 - 14
    1/28: 1 - 0

"Definitely"
    VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH +4
    @ George Mason

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 66 - 64 - 1
    UNITS: -5.25
    1/28: 1 - 1
    MAC: 15 - 7

WESTERN MICHIGAN -3.5 @ Buffalo
    MIAMI, FL +1.5 @ Wake Forest
    OHIO STATE -7.5 @ Penn State
    OHIO -9 vs. Central Michigan *bought the hook on this one, probably gonna regret the pick anyhow!

Watched this one as the line opened at -10, rose to -10.5 but fell back a bit to OHIO -9.5 vs. Central Michigan....was hoping the Chipps win over Akron would bring more action on their side! Me thinks they're going to have a hangover......CMU hasn't won in Athens since 2002, and have gotten beaten at the Convo by scores of 76-44, 73-61, and 64-50 for an average OU margin of victory of 18.6pts. Last year, OU beat CMU 2x including an 82-53 pasting in the MAC tournament. And, Bobcat 3pt. deluxe shooter Bubba Walther may see some more extended action for the first time since he banged his head on the floor vs. Akron. The one-time starter came off the bench vs. Ball State to score 7 points and dish out 4 assists on Sunday.

GL to everyone....:beerbang
    Last edited by joepa66; 01-29-2008, 04:50 PM. Reason: BOLD the OU possible pick, going with OU
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Reported in the Akron Beacon Journal that Kent's Chris Singletary was nabbed for the DUI....all the other papers in Cleveland, Kent, Ravennna, Canton, etc. failed to say what the suspension was for! He hasn't been found guilty, made a plea or anything and they suspend him without due process? Maybe they thought he should serve his time now vs. the weaker west division teams than vs. east foes.....

:dunno:
    Last edited by joepa66; 01-29-2008, 12:26 PM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Kent player suspended after arrest
      Guard Chris Singletary charged with driving under the influence

By Stephanie Storm and Bill Lilley
      Beacon Journal staff writers
      Published on Monday, Jan 28, 2008

KENT: Instead of starting his eighth consecutive game for Kent State on Sunday, sophomore guard Chris Singletary sat on the end of the bench dressed in street clothes during the Flashes' 67-58 victory over Western Michigan at the M.A.C. Center.

For the second time this season, Singletary, 19, was suspended from the 16-4 team, this time for being charged with driving under the influence early Saturday morning. Singletary also missed the first three games of the season on a suspension for an unspecified violation of team rules.

''We fully support Chris as he goes through this difficult time, and we look forward to him rejoining the team in the near future,'' read a statement issued by Kent State Athletic Director Laing Kennedy.

Kent police pulled Singletary over, saying he was driving left of center, as he was going eastbound on East Main Street at 2:43 a.m. Saturday near the Overlook intersection.

The officer noticed slow and slurred speech and smelled alcohol in the vehicle, a dispatcher said.

Singletary failed a field sobriety test and was taken to the Kent Police Department, the dispatcher said. Singletary registered a 0.13 on the Breathalyzer at the Kent Police Department, police said. The legal limit in Ohio is 0.08.

''I want to apologize to my family, my teammates, the fans and to the administration at Kent State for my actions over the weekend,'' Singletary said in a prepared statement.

''I let all of you — and myself — down. There is a lot going on in my personal life, which I let affect my judgment in a negative manner, and I am truly sorry that my actions have cast a negative light on the program. I would ask for your understanding as I deal with these very difficult issues off the court.''

Singletary, who leads the Mid-American Conference with a .742 (23-of-31) shooting percentage since league play began earlier this month, is averaging 9.4 points and 2.9 rebounds in 16 games this year. Last season, he started 18 games and earned a spot on the Mid-American Conference's All-Freshman Team.

Kent State coach Jim Christian said Singletary would travel with the team this week to two road games, Eastern Michigan on Wednesday followed by Toledo on Saturday.

In the meantime, the length of Singletary's suspension remains unknown.''Because it just happened and we haven't had much time to deal with it yet, our first focus was on (Sunday's game),'' Christian said. ''(Today) we'll begin to sit down and talk with Chris in depth to begin sorting things out and determine where we go from here.''

Singletary is scheduled to appear in Kent Municipal Court at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday.

Stephanie Storm can be reached at sstorm@thebeaconjournal.com. Bill Lilley can be reached at 330-996-3811 or blilley@thebeaconjournal.com.

Comment

Let me add that Rodriguez Sherman and Rashad Woods played admirably in Singletary's absence....scoring 12 points, 10 in a 19 - 2 Kent run that turned a 10 point deficit into a 57-50 lead, and spelling Rodriguez was transfer Woods who scored 9 points. Singletary's absence did hurt Kent because he is a 6'4" 225 guard, but Woods is 6'5" and 235, while Sherman is 6'2" and 185!

Comment

GL today JP, I like WMich and OSU..
          Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

gl joe :thumbs:
            **ALL PLAYS ARE TO WIN 1UNIT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED**

Comment

According to today's Daily Kent Stater....."according to Kent State's Student-Athlete Handbook, athletes who are arrested and charged with a misdemeanor on or off campus will be automatically suspended for the next contest." The handbook also says "the suspension may be extended beyond one contest and may include practice depending on a review by the head coach and athletic director."

Today's article also went on to say "Kent State coach Jim Christian was unsure of Singletary's status for the season, but he is not expected to play in Wednesday night's game at Eastern Michigan.....Christian said Singletary will travel with the team on Wednesday and to Toledo this Saturday. Singletary was suspended for two games earlier this season for violating campus policies and was suspended for violating team rules last season.

"Singletary, a Chicago native, was selected to the Mid-American Conference All-Freshman team last season after averaging six points per game. Singletary had started the previous eight games for the Flashes prior to Saturday's incident, averaging 11.4 points in those games. He scored 18 points last week against rival Akron, a game Kent won 75-69."

IMHO:
              Depending on his arraignment slated for earlier today, I think his suspension will last until the Ball State game @ home on Wednesday, Feb. 6th!

Comment

With ya on W. Michigan...GL tonight

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
                  Reported in the Akron Beacon Journal that Kent's Chris Singletary was nabbed for the DUI....all the other papers in Cleveland, Kent, Ravennna, Canton, etc. failed to say what the suspension was for! He hasn't been found guilty, made a plea or anything and they suspend him without due process? Maybe they thought he should serve his time now vs. the weaker west division teams than vs. east foes.....

:dunno:
                  Just speculation, but the fact he's underage and drinking might have had something to do with it, too...

GL, Joe...

Comment

GL Joe w/ You and Mitt on 4 of them !!

Let's cash tonight !!
                    Roll Tide

Comment

Sweet winning night, joepa. Congrats.
                      NBA: 9-15, 31%
                      NCAA CBB: 119-76, 61%
                      MLB: 21-18, +10.47 UNITS
                      NFL PRESEASON: 14-6
                      NFL REG. SEASON: 51-34, 60%
                      TOTALS: 1-3, 25%
                      PLAYOFFS: 4-1
                      NFL OVERALL: 68-44, 61%

NCAA FOOTBALL:
                      SIDES: 102-68, 60%
                      BOWLS: 16-13
                      TOTALS: 0-0

Favorite teams:
                      NCAAF: Purdue
                      NCAABB: Purdue
                      NFL: Tampa Bay
                      NBA: Orlando Magic
                      MLB: Cubbies

Comment

OVEN MITT YTD: 18 - 15
                        1/29: 0-1

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 69 - 65 - 1
                        UNITS: -3.50
                        1/29: 3 - 1 (.5pt separate me from a 4-0 night)
                        MAC: 17 - 7 (2-0 last night)

Overall not a bad night.....:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                        X