OVEN MITT & JoePa's 1/31 Payday Baskets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OVEN MITT & JoePa's 1/31 Payday Baskets

THIS GETTING PAID AT WORK ON THE LAST WORKING DAY OF THE MONTH SUCKS.....:bang:

OVEN MITT YTD: 18 - 16
    1/30: 0 - 1

"Definitely"
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA -4
    vs. Arizona

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 74 - 66 - 1
    UNITS: +.50
    1/30: 5 - 1
    MAC: 19 - 8 (2-1 lastnight)

No MAC tonight so........

MURRAY STATE +3 @ Austin Peay
    SOUTH ALABAMA -3 @ North Texas
    INDIANA +4 @ Wisconsin
    MICHIGAN +2.5 vs. Minnesota
    CLEVELAND STATE +3 @ Illinois-Chicago
    NORTHERN ARIZONA -1.5 @ Northern Colorado

BOL to everyone.....:beerbang:
    Last edited by joepa66; 01-31-2008, 10:18 AM. Reason: Pulled a play......
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

On another.....Kent allowed Chris Singletary to play last night in their win @ Eastern Michigan and he was key to the second half:

Kent State Wins Third Straight With 77-67 Victory over Eastern Michigan
    Golden Flashes make 10 three-pointers

Courtesy: Kent State Athletic Communications
    Release: 01/30/2008

YPSILANTI, Mich. — The Kent State men’s basketball team earned it’s third straight win with a 77-67 victory at host Eastern Michigan University tonight at the Convocation Center. The victory improved the Golden Flashes to 6-1 in the Mid-American Conference and 17-4 overall and marked the 12th straight win for KSU over the Eagles. EMU fell to 3-4 in the MAC and 7-12 on the year.

Sophomore Mike McKee (Plum Borough, Pa. / Plum) led four players in double figures with 19 points, including five three pointers. After not hitting more than five three-pointers in the last eight games, the Golden Flashes shot six of nine from behind the arc in the first half as they built up a 39-26 lead. The game was tight in the opening minutes as EMU held a one point lead at the 14 minute mark after five straight points from Travis Lewis.

The Kent State defensive pressure would then take over the game as the Golden Flashes forced seven turnovers in the next five minutes to fuel a 15-1 run. Offensively, five different players scored during the run led by five points from McKee who shot 4-5 from three and finished the half with a game high 14 points.

While McKee was the catalyst in the first half, sophomore Chris Singletary (Chicago, Ill./ Florida Prep) took over in the second. Singletary, who leads the MAC in field goal percentage during league play, scored all 12 of his points after halftime, including nine in the final seven minutes after Eastern Michigan cut the lead to five (57-52).

Earlier in the second period, Singletary gave the Golden Flashes their largest lead of the game at 19-points with a three from the left wing at 12:54. The Eagles then went on a 16-2 run over the next five minutes and closed the gap to five (55-50) after back-to-back threes from Jarred Axon and Carlos Medlock.

The lead was still only five a minute later when four straight free throws from Singletary and a three from junior Al Fisher (Pennsauken, N.J. / Redlands C.C.) quickly pushed the margin back to 11 with 5:34 to play. The teams would trade baskets over the next 10 possessions, including three lay-ups from Singletary, before Fisher iced the game at the foul line.

Kent State shot 52,9 percent for the game and 10-23 (43.5%) from three. Fisher ended the night with 13 points and a game high eight assists. Senior forward Mike Scott (Indianapolis, Ind. / Northwest) rounded out the double digit scorers with 10 points.

EMU shot 48.1 percent for the game. Medlock led the Eagles with 17 points, scoring 14 in the second half.

The Flashes return to action on Saturday at Toledo. The game will be televised on Fox Sports Ohio and is set for a 12:00 pm start.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

GL tonight Joe "MAC" pa :thumbs:

Comment

Glad to see you on NoAZ today. Thats my big 4 unit play for this week. On the opposite side of Wisky/Indy. I hate going against White and Gordon, but I think this is a good spot for Wisky.

GL JoePa
        NCAAB (53-28 +62.9 units) :beerbang:

1 unit= $50.00
        HUGE PLAYS (10 unit= 1-1)

Comment

USC in the oven mitt! Thats a first! I usually subscribe to a don't bet your own team rule but I can't disagree with the mitt!

Comment

GL today JP, keep it rolling :thumbs:
            Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

How about them apples Delta....I asked him about the other side of that game and he said "No", and when I asked him about SC he gave me the word "Definitely":thumbs:
              I don't like to violate that rule either, but won this week on Kent and against Penn State.....:sm:

Thanks WSox, SuperSkins and Hearts.....GL on your plays too! I'm leaving the office now, sick, had to cancel a couple of classes....me thinks it's strep throat so I'm going home for a couple of cold ones.....GL tonight everybody!

:beerbang:

Comment

gl joepa...nice turnaround to your season to get back onto the plus side, keep up the good work buddy :thumbs:
                **ALL PLAYS ARE TO WIN 1UNIT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED**

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
                  On another.....Kent allowed Chris Singletary to play last night in their win @ Eastern Michigan and he was key to the second half:

Kent State Wins Third Straight With 77-67 Victory over Eastern Michigan
                  Golden Flashes make 10 three-pointers

Courtesy: Kent State Athletic Communications
                  Release: 01/30/2008

YPSILANTI, Mich. — The Kent State men’s basketball team earned it’s third straight win with a 77-67 victory at host Eastern Michigan University tonight at the Convocation Center. The victory improved the Golden Flashes to 6-1 in the Mid-American Conference and 17-4 overall and marked the 12th straight win for KSU over the Eagles. EMU fell to 3-4 in the MAC and 7-12 on the year.

Sophomore Mike McKee (Plum Borough, Pa. / Plum) led four players in double figures with 19 points, including five three pointers. After not hitting more than five three-pointers in the last eight games, the Golden Flashes shot six of nine from behind the arc in the first half as they built up a 39-26 lead. The game was tight in the opening minutes as EMU held a one point lead at the 14 minute mark after five straight points from Travis Lewis.

The Kent State defensive pressure would then take over the game as the Golden Flashes forced seven turnovers in the next five minutes to fuel a 15-1 run. Offensively, five different players scored during the run led by five points from McKee who shot 4-5 from three and finished the half with a game high 14 points.

While McKee was the catalyst in the first half, sophomore Chris Singletary (Chicago, Ill./ Florida Prep) took over in the second. Singletary, who leads the MAC in field goal percentage during league play, scored all 12 of his points after halftime, including nine in the final seven minutes after Eastern Michigan cut the lead to five (57-52).

Earlier in the second period, Singletary gave the Golden Flashes their largest lead of the game at 19-points with a three from the left wing at 12:54. The Eagles then went on a 16-2 run over the next five minutes and closed the gap to five (55-50) after back-to-back threes from Jarred Axon and Carlos Medlock.

The lead was still only five a minute later when four straight free throws from Singletary and a three from junior Al Fisher (Pennsauken, N.J. / Redlands C.C.) quickly pushed the margin back to 11 with 5:34 to play. The teams would trade baskets over the next 10 possessions, including three lay-ups from Singletary, before Fisher iced the game at the foul line.

Kent State shot 52,9 percent for the game and 10-23 (43.5%) from three. Fisher ended the night with 13 points and a game high eight assists. Senior forward Mike Scott (Indianapolis, Ind. / Northwest) rounded out the double digit scorers with 10 points.

EMU shot 48.1 percent for the game. Medlock led the Eagles with 17 points, scoring 14 in the second half.

The Flashes return to action on Saturday at Toledo. The game will be televised on Fox Sports Ohio and is set for a 12:00 pm start.
                  Thanks for the Plays this week JP, I'm a maniac and have been playing very wild lately and got away with it FOR ONCE. Good luck today.

Comment

We are teaming up on a couple of games tonight, joepa. Let's win 'em both. And the rest as well.
                    NBA: 9-15, 31%
                    NCAA CBB: 119-76, 61%
                    MLB: 21-18, +10.47 UNITS
                    NFL PRESEASON: 14-6
                    NFL REG. SEASON: 51-34, 60%
                    TOTALS: 1-3, 25%
                    PLAYOFFS: 4-1
                    NFL OVERALL: 68-44, 61%

NCAA FOOTBALL:
                    SIDES: 102-68, 60%
                    BOWLS: 16-13
                    TOTALS: 0-0