Final Four Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Four Advice

I truly believe that the way this tournament is shaping out we are looking at 4 #1 seeds in the final four. The only team that has a chance to ruin that imo is UCLA. I dont know about everyone else but this tournament is killing my bankroll. Started off hot and just took an absolut beating saturday and sunday. Props to GamblinMan, he advised me to play S.Illinois didnt even sweat.

Well all 4 #1 teams wont make it but I feel atleast two will be in there.

My pick to win it was UCLA and they still are. I really feel they can play a different style of game against whatever team they play. They are experienced, have been in this spot before, I think they capitalize on games in their home state next weekend to reach the FF.

Florida has the best shot of anyone because of the teams remaining in their bracket, but I dont see them winning it. Too much pressure on a team to win back-to back title, dont think we see it for a long time.

Ohio St was another pick of mine to reach the FF but its going to be tough for them. After a tough game vs Tennessee they may run into Texas A&M. Like the Bruins, they will play this game in their home state.

Right now if I had to pick the four teams in the final, I would have to say UCLA, Florida, Georgetown and im just flip flopping on A&M and Ohio St.
    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

I see major chinks in the armor of especially Fla and OSU. I would not be surprised to see both lose in the regionals.
      Go Boilers!
      thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
      NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
      NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
      NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
      NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
      NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
      NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
      NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
      NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
      NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

Kansas...UCLA will run into a game where they don't have enough offense

Florida......don't see anyone challenging them in all honesty

South...completely up for grabs.....maybe OSU's win propels them onto greatness, but TENN almost beat them in Columbus and they have the toughest road, IMO. You could pick anyone but TENN, IMO and have a good chance of being correct.

UNC......USC doesn't have the inside presence to contain hansborough and it should be a great one if GTown can get by Vandy
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

really going out on a limb there FF, arent you:wnk:

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
            really going out on a limb there FF, arent you:wnk:
            I really like the way KU is playing and i don't like the way UCLA has played since i saw them play CAL at Pauley back about 4 weeks ago. They really struggle to score and i like KU in that matchup. As far as FLA, im sticking with them until they lose.....i think some people get caught up in winning every game by 100 points this time of the year. The goal is just to win and move on. I could care less if you are down 40 at the half and win...just win, and Florida is just winning. OSU is in a real tough bracket. I think AM will get past MEM and OSU will get past TENN....after that it really comes down to who plays the best. OSU has shown a resilience that they will need to beat AM in Texas (bull**** being a 1 seed and playing AM in texas if they do, but that is for another day). USC won't be able to match UNC inside and GTown should have too much for Vandy. IF they meet, it is going to come down to the inside matchup between hansfacemask and Hibbert and the perimeter matchup. GTown will try and slow it down, UNC will push tempo. Comes down to who gets their way. I think if you get to the matchups of KU/UCLA, OSU/TXAM fighting dizzie gillespies and GTown/UNC....it's whoever plays the best that night...those are Pick'em games, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
              I think if you get to the matchups of KU/UCLA, OSU/TXAM fighting dizzie gillespies and GTown/UNC....it's whoever plays the best that night...those are Pick'em games, IMO
              And damn good games...This is the first year in a long time where were not going to have any surprises in the final four. Now im sure Vanderbilt and UNLV hope to have something to say about that but I still dont see all 4 number 1's advancing.

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
                And damn good games...This is the first year in a long time where were not going to have any surprises in the final four. Now im sure Vanderbilt and UNLV hope to have something to say about that but I still dont see all 4 number 1's advancing.
                i don't either for one reason....get rid of Vandy and UNLV for arguments sake....if you took KU, UCLA, GTown, UNC, OSU, TXAM, FLA and Oregon...you have 8 excellent ball clubs and not one dominant team. Each team there has its flaws. So to expect all four games to be won by the 1 seed when in reality, the lower seed is just as good as the 1 seed, you would have to think a 2 or 3 seed would pull the win out. As i said above, those are all pick'em games IMO...i don't see how you could make a team a favorite of more than about 2 points. UCLA was a 1 seed up until the pac10 tourney, which was won by Oregon. GTown would have been a 1 seed had any of those teams like KU slipped up in their conference tourney, IMO. So you might as well put 'em in a hat and draw names. I can't wait for those games if those are the 8 teams.......

Comment

My final four has Florida, Kansas, G-town and Tennessee.....

I put my stock on Florida and Kansas for obvious reasons, but played G-town simply because of Hansborough's nose and playing with the mask, and laid on Tennessee because they should have beaten OSU in C-Bus and missed two shots at the buzzer.....With Memphis' Douglas going down yesterday, depending on how serious that injury is, it could hurt them dearly vs. A&M with Acie Law 4 and if they get a shot at the Vols....
                  Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
                  X