Monday Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Discussion

Not often i have a couple minutes during the week anymore but wanted to see what people thought about 2 big games tomorrow that are short numbers for the home teams and big games for both home teams.

Marquette -3/-150 or so vs. Louisville. LOU smoked them about 2+ weeks ago at home. I haven't followed either team that much, but i always have liked coming back with a good team who is at home to avenge an earlier conference loss....especially at a short number. I like MARQ but haven't seen them much. Any big east followers have a good feel for this one.

STMRY -2/-140 or so vs. GONZ.........seems like STMRY always blows this game most of the time. If they are going to show they belong they need to win this game, especially if they want a shot at an at-large berth come tourney time. Conference is just awful for the most part so i am not sure they will get a 2nd team if GONZ is the auto bid, but it would have to put a monster dent in their chances to lose this game. Basically getting the game at PK and i think it's a much bigger game for STMRY in all honesty. Anyone feel different about that analysis.

Only asking because i really haven't followed either conference that much. Most of what i have seen has been the Pac10, Big10, MWC and Big12..........

GL whatever you play!
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

I think LOU has the talent but revenge factor for Marq makes this game a no play for me, but go Cards...

I'll be on Mary's the home team.. 11-0 at home and this is a bigger game for them (agree with your thoughts)
    Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

i agree w/ your thoughts on the st.mary's game....pretty much the same stuff that went through my head when i was first looking at it.

i'm also eyeing up Louisiana Tech +16 @ Fresno St. .....only thing slowing me up from pulling the trigger is the travel for Tech as they just played @ Hawaii on saturday night
      **ALL PLAYS ARE TO WIN 1UNIT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED**

Comment

I like St Mary's....probably not really what you wanted to hear though, lol

Like the revenge angle with Marquette too....and will probably be on that one also. Again, probably not what you needed to hear :laughing:

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
          I like St Mary's....probably not really what you wanted to hear though, lol
          guess i can look forward to getting clipped by half a point in OT :laughing:
          **ALL PLAYS ARE TO WIN 1UNIT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED**

Comment

Originally posted by manmythlegend View Post
            guess i can look forward to getting clipped by half a point in OT :laughing:
            :laughing: :laughing: .......don't say stiffy didn't warn us.........:laughing:

saves me time from shopping around for a good number too....if you can lose with +10 1/2 in OT with a team at home, does it really matter what you get......lol....

Comment

i really like Missouri to make a game out of it

Missouri is a nine loss team coming off a HUGE win over ranked K St

Of the nine losses
              only two were double digits ( Cal on the road by 14, Miss st on the road by ten )

When they lose they don't get blown out . losses are by an average of six points per game

Your gettin three times that much tonight ... Missouri is short handed ( FOR SURE ) but i look for them to cover this big number tonight ..

KU -75
              Missouri -62
              Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
              (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
              (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
              (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

I like Marquette at home tonight as they have played much bettter at home than on the road ( I know most teams do but Marquette is even more extreme). Marquette also shot the ball terribly in the last matchup and still was in striking distance 10ish for a good portion of the game.
                MLB
                May
                Overall 43-43 +5.5 Units
                Sides 19-22 -0.0 Units
                Total 24-21 +5.5 Units

April
                Overall 61-44 +47.1 Units
                Sides 28-28 +4.0 Units
                Totals 33-16 +43.1 Units

Comment

Originally posted by wsox08 View Post
                  I think LOU has the talent but revenge factor for Marq makes this game a no play for me, but go Cards...

I'll be on Mary's the home team.. 11-0 at home and this is a bigger game for them (agree with your thoughts)
                  I would say this game is just as big, if not bigger, for Gonzaga. St Mary's RPI is around 23 and Gonzaga's is around 33 so the loser won't fall at all, but Gonzaga doesn't have any quality wins to show for themselves this season. They beat UConn when UConn wasn't very good so I don't know if that counts in the committee's eyes? Other than that their best win is either St Joe's or Virginia Tech.

Both teams will probably make the tourney as long as they play each other in the WCC Finals, but this is a pretty big game for both squads.

As for Louey/Marq - Marquette is night and day. They bludgeoned people at the Bradley Center and have gotten their asses kicked in every conference road game this year to date. These two teams pretty much hate each other too, so I expect a decent effort from Marquette tonight. In the first game, they shot the ball AWFULLY BAD and it got out of hand early.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                    I would say this game is just as big, if not bigger, for Gonzaga. St Mary's RPI is around 23 and Gonzaga's is around 33 so the loser won't fall at all, but Gonzaga doesn't have any quality wins to show for themselves this season. They beat UConn when UConn wasn't very good so I don't know if that counts in the committee's eyes? Other than that their best win is either St Joe's or Virginia Tech.

Both teams will probably make the tourney as long as they play each other in the WCC Finals, but this is a pretty big game for both squads.

As for Louey/Marq - Marquette is night and day. They bludgeoned people at the Bradley Center and have gotten their asses kicked in every conference road game this year to date. These two teams pretty much hate each other too, so I expect a decent effort from Marquette tonight. In the first game, they shot the ball AWFULLY BAD and it got out of hand early.
                    agree with all of that verbatim except one thing. this is a home game for StMarys and to lose this game and then have to go up to Gonzaga and get a W is kind of pushing it. Especially since the Zags have won i believe something like 22 of the last 25 matchups (granted this is a better STM team than some of those). That is the only line of thinking i had for saying it was bigger to STM, just because it is at home. And if they get swept by GONZ, they are going to be sweating it come tourney time if they don't win the conference auto bid because there isn't another quality win for miles around in that conference. So, IMO, STM needs this one being at home. If GONZ loses they still say they can get them at their place.

Agree on Marquette and that was my whole line of thinking.

Comment

Good luck,I like them both.Lets cash!
                      YTD NCAAB
                      YTD NBA
                      YTD NHL
                      YTD NFL
                      YTD MLB
                      YTD NCAAF

Favorite Teams
                      NHL Philadelphia Flyers
                      MLB Baltimore Orioles