No announcement yet.

JoePa's NCAA Break NIT Monday Woods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With ya on those Wildcats & of course tailing the Mitt:sm: .... GL to you tonight :beerbang:
    NCAA B Ball 2008: 3-5
    NCAA Football 07-08 54-33-1

Comment

Damn Joe Pa i miss you on the weekends bro.........
      Defense is the best Offense.

Comment

Love em all JoePa!! Think Air Force will have it's way early on, but Georgia very well could make a 2nd half come back in such a low scoring game I feel. Let's CA$H!:beerbang:
        “A goal is a dream with a deadline.”

--

Daddy's Posted Records (Updated on 9.10.07 @ 11:00 PM PST)
        1 Unit = $25

NCAAF >> (3-5-0) -$62.50

NFL >> (4-3-0) +$61.75

2007 FOOTBALL = -$0.75

Comment

GL Joepa!
          NCAA Basketball
          86-66-2... +77.3Units
          Parlay...0-0...

Comment

HERE YA GO WOLFIE, et. al....
            tough spot for the youngens from JawJuh, but...

First postseason victory in 5 years for Georgia who now looks to take another big step forward. Their 88-78 victory over Fresno State in the NIT gave the Bulldogs an 18-13 record, a big turnaround from the 8-20 debacle of just two years ago. Until losing their last two regular-season games, the Bulldogs were on the edge of getting an NCAA at-large bid. But a road loss at Kentucky and loss at home to Tennessee pretty much relegated them to the NIT.
            The Falcons, too, were in contention for an NCAA berth until a late-season slump that included a loss to Wyoming in the quarterfinals of the Mountain West Conference tournament. With a 23-8 record, the Falcons earned the No. 1 seed in their NIT bracket and backed that up with an opening 77-51 rout of Austin Peay.
            Georgia's victory over Fresno State to open the NIT featured a three-point barrage. Fresno was 18-of-40 from behind the arc, Georgia 13-of-22. That's a combined 31-of-62, a dead-even 50 percent for the two teams combined. Georgia was 20-of-41 on two-point attempts, Fresno 9-of-20. The win over Fresno State was Georgia's first in a postseason national tourney since 2002, when the Bulldogs beat Murray State in an NCAA first-round game before losing to Southern Illinois. Georgia played in the 2004 NIT and lost at Iowa State.
            The Bulldogs need Sundiata Gaines to get back on his game and for Levi Stukes to duplicate his effort from the win over Fresno. The Bulldogs will have to be patient against an Air Force team that plays solid defense and doesn't turn the ball over often. Takais Brown has become a consistent scorer for Georgia after posting double-digit totals for the last 10 games. He has averaged 15.1 ppg over that span.
            In the midst of the impressive win over Austin Peay, speculation increased over the future of coach Air Force Coach Jeff Bzdelik. Colorado athletic director Mike Bohn has requested permission to speak with Bzdelik and Air Force officials granted the request. It is expected that Bzdelik will interview for the Colorado post shortly after the conclusion of Air Force's season. Could be a distraction for the Flyboys.....
            Georgia is more athletic than the Falcons but Air Force has a major experience edge over the young Bulldogs. Air Force has lost at home just once all season and Georgia hasn't fared well away from home. Georgia starts just one senior in guard Levi Stukes, who showed how dangerous he can be with 30 points and 8-of-9 from 3-point range against Fresno State in the first round of the NIT. If Stukes struggles against Air Force's zone, the Falcons will be in good shape.

"I was just excited to have another chance to play." — Senior Levi Stukes, after scoring 30 points in Georgia's opening NIT victory over Fresno State.

Georgia plays in the SEC which ranks #2 on league SOS
            Air Force plays in the MWC which ranks #8 on league SOS

Georgia's schedule ranks 21st
            Air Force's schedule ranks 103rd

Georgia outrebounded their opponents on average 38.2 - 32.3 rebounds per game
            Air Force was outrebounded by their opponents 27.9 - 29.2 rebounds per game (And they actually out-rebounded Austin Peay, imagine that....)

Georgia has 4 players that average in double-digit ppg
            Air Force has 3 players that average in double-digit ppg

I respect the Falcons but think that the better conference (SEC) sets the Bulldogs up! A little gut but alot to do with an 8-8 conference record against some better competition in my mind!
            Last edited by joepa66; 03-19-2007, 04:51 PM. Reason: added SEC in next to last sentence....
            Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

gl joey
              CFB

O/U 1-2

Comment

GL JoePa, solid writeup on Georgia:beer2:
                Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

gl JOEPA....good stuff thinkin about tailin the red hot mitt
                  To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
                  2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Thanks for the write up on UGA. To bad for me that I have already placed on AF :bang: One of us will win
                    NFL 1-2-0 -1.1 units
                    NCAAF 13-22-0 -13.5 units

"I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em." - Jim Valvano

Comment

i am also on ole miss and san diego st. sorry to see tusky get shelled in baskets but they did better then most expected.

Comment

GL "HUGE member"! lol
                        :laughing:
                        just noticed that. too funny.
                        Keep that record rolling!! GL coach!
                        ...toke on...

Comment

Bed ****ters!!

I can only think of two teams worst than syracuse and clemson. Any guess? well it's Ole ******* miss and san diego awful st!!!!!!!!!! ****!!!!!!!!!!!

:bang:
                          Last edited by Wink71; 03-19-2007, 07:42 PM.

Comment

and one more time

and of course Depual is taking it to K st and air force is dismantling the ******* awful georgia team who has given up. What a ******* awful ******* horrible ******* night!!!!

Frank Rizzo

:bang: :blackeye:

Comment

Hammered

I had to make a name out of disgust..Joe Pa i went by your picks tonight, and me and my friends have been following you and your amazing picks other then today. Why the one night i bet you go 0-4.:beerbang: . Its okay I still love you man.. Help me out 2mrrow big guy

Comment

:flush:

WTF WAS THAT ALL ABOUT? FIRST 0-FER NIGHT IN MY LIFETIME....
                                The NIT ain't getting no more of my hard earned cash......Until tonight!

UPDATED YTD: 146 - 101 - 6
                                UNITS: +38
                                Monday: 0 - 3

:bang:

OVEN MITT YTD: 39 - 30
                                Monday: 0 - 1
                                Even the Mitt went resoundingly down to defeat last night.....PUKE!

SNOWMAN.....knew that was coming.....Wheelersburg always tough, and TV was on borrowed time making that run to the regional finals.....but they may have saved the coach's job!
                                Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
                                X