~~ BIFF'S 1 PLAY : FEB. 11th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S 1 PLAY : FEB. 11th ~~

Well, here's how it goes tonight. Back in the WCC, but a sizable play tonight. I forgot to make a new thread on my Celtics pick yesterday, so I'm counting it as a no play. I'm posting this one early just to make sure.

FEBRUARY 11th = SAN DIEGO TOREROS ML -160

* RISKING $400 to win $250

--

THE INFO...

USD 6-1 Conf. (Lost to Gonzaga (7-1) conf. record)

USF 2-6 Conf. (Lost to everyone but two teams Pepperdine (1-7) conf. record and Loyola-Marymount (2-6) conf. record)

Aside with the troubles they've had in this matchup in the past, and the close games, USD has made HUGE improvements this year despite losing two really good starting seniors.

1st is Brandon Johnson who was just named January's WCC Player of the Month. He had his worst game of the year in the WCC opener at home against the Dons and they still won by 5.

2nd is Coach Grier who has this team rolling to be a contender in the WCC, and after 16 years as an assistant coach at Gonzaga, he has done it before, many many times.

3rd is USD's star freshman Rob Jones who is returning to his high school hometown tonight. He is Rev. Jim Jones' (yes the mass suicide guy) grandson. Basketball is EVERYTHING to this kid and his family. His father should have died in the mass suicide had it not been for a basketball tournament he left to play in. Rob Jones is now a starting forward on this team.

Somehow I think this USF team is a public favorite. Maybe it's cause of Sutton. Maybe it's because of their vallant effort vs. Gonzaga on ESPN. Not sure, but with the money being dumped on USD and the line not moving, somebody has to like this team.

Everybody can see that USD slipped up against Pepperdine their last time out. The Waves trailed by 13 at halftime, but fought back to within a point late in the second half, then missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer that would have sent the game to overtime.

Most people also remember on Saturday Pepperdine blew a 19-point second-half lead in a defeat to San Francisco that gave Dons coach Eddie Sutton his 800th career win.

In the end, I'm going with my reason over my skepticism. Also, going against my fear of every playing on the same side of Brandon Lang's "free picks." This may be a trap game and the line seems 2 or 3 points too low, but alls I need is a W on this one. I said screw the points the ML is low enough, and if if the Toreros lose then it'll be the worst game of the season for them. Rolling on a 5 game win streak I really can't see that happening.

Good Luck tonight fellas. :thumbs:

--

February Starting Bankroll = $5,000

February Current Bankroll = $4,300

--

February Past Results (4-4)

FEBRUARY 1st = SACRAMENTO KINGS +3 = WIN +$500
    FEBRUARY 2nd = MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES +8 = LOSS -$550
    FEBRUARY 3rd = NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS -11½ = LOSS -$550
    FEBRUARY 4th = MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES +6½ = WIN +$500
    FEBRUARY 5th = CLEVELAND CAVALIERS -2½ = LOSS -$550
    FEBRUARY 6th = NO PLAY
    FEBRUARY 7th = INDIANA HOOSIERS (BB) -1½ = WIN +$250
    FEBRUARY 8th = ORLANDO MAGIC -PK = LOSS -$550
    FEBRUARY 9th = SACRAMENTO KINGS +8 = WIN +$250
    FEBRUARY 10th = NO PLAY
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

BOL today Biff....just knew I'd see ya in the future.....LMAO:thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

BOl of luck to you Biff! Been checking out your thread more often lately as you give good insight and write-ups and it's really helpful sometimes when weeding thru all the games/trash.

BOL tonight, hope it cashes! :thumbs:

Comment

JoePa... :thumbs:

CuseFan... :thumbs:

Comment

I'm also liking the UT Horns and the UIC Flames tonight. Wish I could make a couple more picks, because this line movement in the SD v. SF game has me rubbing my head. Line down under 3 some places. Sticking to my pick though, I just can't make a case for USF.

Comment

Goes to show you that line movement should be taken with a grain of salt most of the time. Never a doubt in this one. Another "3-0" night with Texas winning outright over KU and UIC laying the smack down in the 2nd half. Only important thing is I nailed the game I bet.

--

February Starting Bankroll = $5,000

February Current Bankroll = $4,550

--

February Past Results (5-4)

FEBRUARY 1st = SACRAMENTO KINGS +3 = WIN +$500
            FEBRUARY 2nd = MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES +8 = LOSS -$550
            FEBRUARY 3rd = NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS -11½ = LOSS -$550
            FEBRUARY 4th = MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES +6½ = WIN +$500
            FEBRUARY 5th = CLEVELAND CAVALIERS -2½ = LOSS -$550
            FEBRUARY 6th = NO PLAY
            FEBRUARY 7th = INDIANA HOOSIERS (BB) -1½ = WIN +$250