ND vs. UCONN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ND vs. UCONN

UCONN laying 5 1/2 vs. ND. Same question i will pose that i posed yesterday. I really like UCONN for the same reasons i liked Vandy yesterday in a similar line. ND has been winning some very close games and has beaten some ****ty teams on the road. They absolutely got pasted at G'Town and Marquette this year i believe. Anyone actually think ND has a good chance of winning or covering? Only reason i am asking is the BigEast is the one conference i don't really like so i don't really follow........cusefan or another big east guy can maybe chime in on this question
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

I think ND has a legit shot to cover. I think UConn will win the game, but if ND is hitting their 3's than they can win/cover any game. I guess that can be said for just about any team though it's not really like I'm breaking a big story there, ya know? IMO the key to the game is Luke Harongody (who will be the Big East POY) against Hasheem Thabeet and the size of UConn. I have to look up his numbers but I think Harongody has struggled against big, 7'0'' type centers (Hibbert for example). But I'd have to go through it.

That line is pretty much spot on IMO just I'm guessing when I cap tonight it will end up as no-play for me, but must watch since I'm a fan of the Big East. If it moves up or down, I might play either team, but that 5.5 is tough.

Comment

IMO ND has a chance to win straight up...they have been playing well and are in need of a solid road win to boost their confidence and improve seeding in the NCAA tourney. (FWIW I am a senior attending UCONN). Uconn always tends to play to the level of competition, be it a really good team like georgetown or memphis (lost at the buzzer and hung in there til the last few minutes) ...or a not so great team such as a Northeastern or central florida ( won by 9 and 3 respectively).

I find it hard to believe that Uconn will put this notre dame team away. Our only shot is if we catch them on a off night when they're not hitting 3's. Even so, I believe this game will be decided in the last few minutes. I think the best play on this game is ND+3 FH. In uconn's last 9 games they have only led by greater than 3 points twice. Uconn tends to be a second half team ... and that's where the game will be decided.
      Last edited by Andiminator; 02-13-2008, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X