• Show
Clear All

• wednesday college hoops

BEST BETS (28-18)(+24.60 units)
    STRONG PLAYS (22-23)(-6.60 units)
    REGULAR PLAYS (47-37)(+6.30 units)
    MONEY LINE PARLAYS (2-0)(+2.60 units)

OVERALL (99-78)(+26.90 units)

4-2 picking up another 3.60 units last night. My best bets were 2-0, my strong plays were 0-2 and my regular plays were 2-0. For some reason my strong plays seem to be my weakness/jinx this year. I am ten games above 500 in both best bets and regular plays, but below 500 in my strong plays. Oh well, plus almost 27 units is my high for the year. My goal now is for it not to drop below 20 again.

I am working until 8:00 tonight, so here are all my plays for Wednesday this morning.

Dayton -2.5 vs Duquesne (best bet)……………..Remember a few years ago when Duquesne was the laughing stock of college basketball? Then they had some players shot and their program looked like it was just going to keep sliding downward? Well, I have to give them a ton of credit. They have turned it around and have a very solid program. BUT…..they are not ready yet to only be a 2.5 point dog at Dayton. I looked for injuries and did not see any for Dayton like I thought I would when I seen this line. Both teams very good. Dayton is at 16-6 while Duquesne is right behind them at 15-7. Duquesne is not the normal “sucky road team” that I like going against, but they do have a losing record at 4-5. Dayton is a sparkling 12-1 at home. I am not going to pass a record like that up at home only laying 2.5 points vs an average road team. This one looks pretty solid to me.

Nebraska -3 vs Missouri (best bet)………………Another one of my typical plays. Nebraska the better team at 14-7 vs 113-11 and when you look at the home/away records it is a no brainer. The Huskers are at 13-2 while the Tigers are their usual 1-7 on the road. Missouri is traditionally a team that is great at home and cannot win on the road. That is not to say the can’t or won’t win, but I really like my chances only laying three points.

Illinois St -6.5 vs Missouri St (strong play)………………Record wise this is a very good play, but it makes me nervous with the line being up to 6.5 points. Illinois St has the better record at 17-7 vs 12-13 and the much better home/away record at 12-3 vs 1-9. This would be a great moneyline team to take on a parlay, but I have to go to work and nobody has moneylines out this early in the morning. That sucks. Watch them win and not cover.

Georgia -2.5 vs S Carolina (strong play)…………..This should be one of those SEC games where home court makes all the difference in the world. Both teams have similar record. Georgia is at 11-10 and S Carolina is at 11-11. S Carolina not a bad road team at 3-3, but Georgia saves their best ball for when they are in front of the home folks at 10-2. Only need to win by three. I like my chances.

Connecticut -5.5 vs Notre Dame (regular play)
    Buffalo -5 vs Ball State (regular play)

Both of the above games are just regular plays. They fit my system. Ball St has not won on the road yet and the Irish are very beatable on the road. Both home teams should get the win.

Good Luck Everybody!!

GL today Mark...with ya on UConn and Buffalo....but agin ya with the Dukes from Pittsburgh! :thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

good luck and thanks for the reply.

Comment

GL, Mark...but just an FYI....Chris Wright is still out for Dayton. He was their starting forward before breaking an ankle earlier in the year.

Dayton is very good at home...but they are in a bit of a freefall right now. A lot depends on tonight's tempo. If it is a lower scoring game, advantage to Dayton. If it turns into a track meet, advantage Duquesne.

GL!
        "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Good luck.
          YTD NCAAB
          YTD NBA
          YTD NHL
          YTD NFL
          YTD MLB
          YTD NCAAF

Favorite Teams
          NHL Philadelphia Flyers