~~ BIFF'S 1 PLAY - FEB. 20th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S 1 PLAY - FEB. 20th ~~

Well NCAA has treated me well so far this year fellas hitting 75%. Not sure if this will be my POD, but here's a matchup I was looking at last night and it is starting to become very appetizing. A small SEC showdown.

Mississippi St. @ Ole Miss (-2)

The facts...

- Miss St. smacked the Rebels in the face with a 20 point victory at home earlier this year. Now, everybody knows the home team usually takes this one, (5-0 SU & ATS in last 3 years) and this is also a revenge spot for the Rebels.

- Miss St. shot 69% in the 2nd half to pull away from the Rebels after only being up 7 at halftime. Why did they shoot 69%... well I think I've found a few reasons why.

1) Jamont Gordon vs. Chris Warren

- These are the point guards for Miss St. and Ole Miss respectively.
    --> Gordon is 6'4" and Warren is 5'10"

- Gordon is coming off his lowest scoring performance last time out in over 2 months. He scored 9 points, compared to his average of 17.7 ppg.

- More importantly maybe is the fact that Warren can't defend. He's can be seen as one of the main reasons why Ole Miss is 210th in the nation in 3-point FG% defense.

- Warren is the Rebs best player and will get 30+ minutes on Gordon tonight despite being outweighed by 60 lbs and 6" shorter.

2) Ole Miss has 2 big men that get time... that's it.

- With this big mismatch at the point it actually hurts them more in the paint. Gordon is going to have a view over Warren all night to exploit opportunities in the paint.

- Gordon's low score last game was due to him passing more inside (Vernardo & Rhodes). He's averaging 8 assists per game over the past 4 games, compared to his rising average of 4.7 assists per game on the season.
    --> Vernardo & Rhodes were 16 for 19 combined shooting in the last matchup between these two. Total domination in the paint.

- If the Rebels two big men (Curtis & Williams) get in foul trouble that can mean big problems for the Rebs. Of their top 7 leading minute grabbers (15+ mpg) they are the only two who aren't guards, and the only two over 6'5". Both sizing in at 6'8". Not surprisingly, they are the only two players averaging over 5 rebounds a game.
    --> Both were in foul trouble in the previous matchup this year.

3) Ole Miss has dropped 6 of it's last 7 SEC games.

- So does Miss St. do defense then? You bet. A couple key national rankings.
    --> Ranked 2nd FG% defense
    --> Ranked 12th in rebounding margin

Just some thoughts so let me know what you guys think. Betting the Bulldogs to win SU seems like a solid wager tonight. Comments and questions are welcome.

--

February Starting Bankroll = $5,000

February Current Bankroll = $5,650

--

February Posted Results (11-6)

FEBRUARY 1st = SACRAMENTO KINGS +3 = WIN +$500
    FEBRUARY 2nd = MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES +8 = LOSS -$550
    FEBRUARY 3rd = NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS -11½ = LOSS -$550
    FEBRUARY 4th = MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES +6½ = WIN +$500
    FEBRUARY 5th = CLEVELAND CAVALIERS -2½ = LOSS -$550
    FEBRUARY 6th = NO PLAY POSTED
    FEBRUARY 7th = INDIANA HOOSIERS (BB) -1½ = WIN +$250
    FEBRUARY 8th = ORLANDO MAGIC -PK = LOSS -$550
    FEBRUARY 9th = SACRAMENTO KINGS +8 = WIN +$250
    FEBRUARY 10th = NO PLAY POSTED
    FEBRUARY 11th = SAN DIEGO TOREROS (BB) ML -160 = WIN +$250
    FEBRUARY 12th = KENTUCKY WILDCATS (BB) +4½ = LOSS -$275
    FEBRUARY 13th = ORLANDO MAGIC -5½ = WIN +$500
    FEBRUARY 14th = PHOENIX SUNS -7 = WIN +$250
    FEBRUARY 15th = PENNSYLVANIA QUAKERS (BB) +4½ = LOSS -$275
    FEBRUARY 16th = BYU COUGARS (BB) -6 = WIN +$250
    FEBRUARY 17th = UCLA BRUINS (BB) -5 = WIN +$200
    FEBRUARY 18th = SAN DIEGO TOREROS (BB) +7½ = WIN +$250
    FEBRUARY 19th = CREIGHTON BLUE JAYS (BB) -5 = WIN +$200
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 02-20-2008, 03:29 PM.
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

GL tonight Biff whatever ya play!:thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Warren has really worn down and not played in a awhile. GL tonite!

Comment

Thanks JoePa :thumbs:

Thanks Cuse :thumbs:

I've started working down the list of games today and here's what I'm liking so far... in no particular order.

Wisconsin -1½
        VCU -3
        Duke -7½
        New Mexico -2½
        W. Virginia -1½
        St. Louis -4½
        Miss St. +2

I would like to spark more discussion. I tried the write-up but that doesn't seem to do much and takes up time. I feel the reason I post this picks is to get feedback as well as give out winners. The only way to beat the man is if we help each other. Suggestions? :dunno:

Comment

yeah, i have a few.....

miss st, ole miss - for me, too many games to **** with a heated rivalry with revenge and a bizarre line.

VCU - now that lines makes no sense, northeaster or nothing. i'm leaning nothing

Duke - the ol' they just lost, now they're pissed bet. no play for me.

wisconsin - better team, persistent, good play IMO.

West Va - Nova isnt as bad as they have played, not the strongest on the board, but i guess thats the side i'd be on...

st louis - i still get the shakes from the billikens after that GW game.......:puke:

NM - i wouldnt like going against a home dog like AF, they are a tough squad.

All in all, i think you have picked some tough games. I like Wiscy the best, just because i think they are the superior team and will win this home/away....

GL:thumbs:

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

Response to your request

It's unfortunate that many don't read your wisdom... you are one of a handful of reliable sources on this site that invests time into their picks. Frankly, you've helped me get out of a hole (in addition to Covers.com picks) but you are on fire..

Keep up the good work...

Hit'em hard tonight!!!! :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by Quelude4u View Post
              It's unfortunate that many don't read your wisdom... you are one of a handful of reliable sources on this site that invests time into their picks. Frankly, you've helped me get out of a hole (in addition to Covers.com picks) but you are on fire..

Keep up the good work...

Hit'em hard tonight!!!! :beerbang:
              :eyz:

Dude, send him some flowers.......

As far as "many dont read your wisdom" .....biff has 145 views for this thread, so relax. As far as wisdom, he's a good capper, but lets not have him cannonized just yet.

Finally, sorry to hear that you take the time to sift **** over at c****.com.......must be boring.

Comment

It's unfortunate that many don't read your wisdom... you are one of a handful of reliable sources on this site that invests time into their picks.

Hey now I take that as an insult I invest at least 2-3 minutes of my time every day on these basketball games. Do you know how hard it is to find 2-3 minutes a day to go and find the lines, and then post my playz?Oh the Pain!!

GL Biff!Keep up the solid work!

Comment

Response is less interesting

Dude - relax - i was commenting on why not many people respond other than 'great pick' or 'go get'em'. I didn't say anything about viewing the threads. and a handful of members who invest time is all relative but if you guys need 'flowers' cause i hurt your feelings or 'insulted' you - by all means Proflowers.com has a special boquet for those that get their feelings hurt.

So, pull your panties up, take the tampon out of your mouth(wrong hole) and quit spending time answering these respones and more time assessing your picks.

Jesus - :thumbs:

Comment

Dude - relax - i was commenting on why not many people respond other than 'great pick' or 'go get'em'. I didn't say anything about viewing the threads. and a handful of members who invest time is all relative but if you guys need 'flowers' cause i hurt your feelings or 'insulted' you - by all means Proflowers.com has a special boquet for those that get their feelings hurt.

So, pull your panties up, take the tampon out of your mouth(wrong hole) and quit spending time answering these respones and more time assessing your picks.

LOL!Your one funny Quelude!Sarcasm must not be your strong suit?:laughing: Thanks for playing along.

Comment

hello

Which is the name of the university VCU

Comment

1. i said get him flowers because you want his child
                        2. you said no one "read" his wisdom, when in fact, you were 145 times wrong
                        3. If people have nothing more to add than a :thumbs: then so be it, we cant be as profound as you
                        4. lets talk about how insightful your blowjob post was......
                        5. tampon reference, nice. i bet you rarely use that.
                        6. My picks are just fine, but thanks for all the concern.

Gl biff, sorry for scuffing up your thread............

Comment

Wow... not really the discussion I was looking for. :laughing:

Shamrock - Thanks for the feedback. I like Wisconsin alot, glad we're on the same page there. :thumbs:

Quelude4u - Thanks for the compliments man. Don't bother with the flowers, and I'm glad I could help you out brother. Look forward to doing some more of the same in the future. :thumbs:

Adriano - VCU = Virginia Commonwealth University

Having trouble filing the list down from those I posted earlier. Going to be a tough choice tonight. I'm also looking at the Suns in the NBA. Somehow I think people are fading the Shaq arrival.

Comment

hello mi hermano

I say big game orlando +4, it is not but feel that orlando is best team that I recommend, the game that I like to tonight is detroit piston -7

Comment

my brother

Brother biff need to gather 1000 euros a day before February 4, because I have a course (CCNA Cisco) and the money they earn in my job I am not enough to pay the course, I need your help with your picks and tell me As I invertirle money in each hand

Comment

Working...
                              X