X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Hoops 2/24/08

sat 4-6 (with 1 pending)
    ytd 68-68

Ugly performance with an 0-4 on Bracket Buster games. I saw a stat after I posted my games that road dogs perform very well, I wish I would have paid attention that that!

Pitt pk
    Dayton +5
    Auburn +1
    Denver -1

GL, Jerbeek. As an X homer, I hope you can cover your Dayton bet but X still pulls out a SU win. If recent history is any indication, just hope it doesn't come down to free throws. I expect a close game tomorrow...but Dayton has been just horrible from the line lately. In their last loss to LaSalle, they shot 4-10 FTs. Some of which were front ends. They led late and lost the game in OT due to free throws. In a home loss to Duquesne last week, they were 6-17 from the charity stripe...ouch. On the flip side, X in among the best free throw shooting teams in the nation and tops in the A10.

Interesting storylines in tomorrow's game. UD hates XU with a passion. Nothing would stop the slide more than a win against their hated rival, who happens to be in the Top 10. UD HAS to win tomorrow to keep if they want to keep an inkling of a chance for an at large bid (which I think is pretty much gone) XU can pretty much win the conference with a win against UD...not to mention wreck any chance UD has at getting an at large bid.

UD's biggest problem is that they have a difficult time scoring with the exception of Roberts. XU will put Burrell on Roberts hoping to shut him down like he did @ XU (Roberts had 5 points...albeit he was sick) Another question is Lavender's health. Lavender only played 14 minutes Thursday against Duquesne...I was worried about the Dukes...but Burrell played PG, had 12 assists and X routed Duquesne by 27.

Should be a great game tomorrow in Dayton.

GL!!
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
      at large bid (which I think is pretty much gone)

GL!!
      UD has about as much of a chance of getting an at-large bid as NJIT. 5-7 in conference and in about 9th place. A-10 isn't very strong this year either outside of X. It really is X and then a bunch of crap for the most part. They would have to win the A-10 tourney to get in in reality. Great rivalry as Nigel said and that nobody really knows about. The Don Donohers will come out fighting today for sure, though....:beerbang:

but i always pull for X so im with Nigel.....X win and you can have the cover...:thumbs:
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

You know me, Jerby. I love those doggies under any circumstance. Get 'em today my friend.
        NBA: 9-15, 31%
        NCAA CBB: 119-76, 61%
        MLB: 21-18, +10.47 UNITS
        NFL PRESEASON: 14-6
        NFL REG. SEASON: 51-34, 60%
        TOTALS: 1-3, 25%
        PLAYOFFS: 4-1
        NFL OVERALL: 68-44, 61%

NCAA FOOTBALL:
        SIDES: 102-68, 60%
        BOWLS: 16-13
        TOTALS: 0-0