• JoePa's Wednesday NIT Pickin Woods

Have I mentioned I HATE the NIT!

UPDATED YTD: 147 - 101 - 6
    UNITS: +39
    Tuesday: 1 - 0

OVER 119 DePaul vs. Air Force
    DEPAUL +7 @ Air Force
    SYRACUSE +4 @ Clemmie's Son

I know, I know....all the home favs have been good, but these are two pretty good road doggies....

OVEN MITT YTD: 39 - 31
    Tuesday: 0 - 1

The is his FIRST TOTALS post ever....

"Definitely"
    UNDER 142.5 Syracuse/Clemson

BOL to ya! :glass:
    Last edited by joepa66; 03-21-2007, 12:38 PM. Reason: added Cuse
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Depaul looked tough against K State I'm with you on this one....liking the over as well!

GL JoePa

Comment

Nice to have a fellow Buckeye riding with me.....
      Where are you located Bucknut?

AND....

GO BUCKS!
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

GL Tonight Joepa,I hope the Blue Demons Takes em to tripple OT and hits a buzzer beater for ya!

Comment

BOL joepa! :beerbang:

Hope you hit tonight! I like the looks of that Depaul line.
          NCAA Madness 2-2-0

+0.0 Units

1 Unit = $25

Comment

Depaul vs Air force over ..I love it!!

Gl tonight JoePa

Comment

Really like the OVER play tonight, joepa.

Good luck.

Comment

with ya on depaul, also taking clemson.

joe there seems to be alot of people who either live or did live in ohio on here.

Comment

Snowman....ya know the state slogan used to be "Ohio, the heart of it all"....guess that includes gambling...LMAO

I know Wheelersburg always has good high school teams and would blast Tusky Valley, which they did! TV made a nice run after an 11-9 season to get to the regional finals....:beerbang:

Comment

I got that feeling about DePaul myself. Good luck!
                    :glass: MLB 20-20
                    :chaching: Soccer 9-4
                    :blackeye: NBA 0-3
                    :phew: Nascar 2-4

Comment

GL Joepa
                      NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Here's a wrap up from the girls state tournament held lastweek....I'll post a boys state preview shortly.....and FYI for all you one-time Buckeyes!

DIVISION II
                        COLUMBUS –
                        With a convincing 45-26 win over Shaker Heights Hathaway Brown in the Division II state title game Saturday at Ohio State’s Schottenstein Center, the Warsaw River View Lady Bears claimed their second straight state championship and fourth in school history. River View relied on offense in the state semifinal game getting 30 points from Division II co-player of the year Kristin Daugherty but it was the defense that dominated Hathaway Brown holding the Blazers to the fewest points scored in a D-II championship game.

The score was tied 3-3 midway through the first quarter but River View went on a 9-0 run, sparked by a Sami Dickerson 3-pointer, and the Lady Bears went into the locker room at the half up 21-8. River View (26-1) forced 16 Hathaway Brown turnovers and scored 16 points off those takeaways.

“I watched the kids warm up before the game and Hathaway (Brown) looked very loose and with kids like that we wanted to jump on them right away and not let them feel they were going to be in the ball game,” said River View head coach Caroline Daugherty.

Kristin Daugherty got off to somewhat of a slow start to the game but settled in to lead all scorers with 19 points and nine rebounds to finish up her career for the Lady Bears in her 100th game started. Her sophomore sister Kari, who was a critical component of River View’s state championship last season as a freshman, had 16 points and seven rebounds.

Coach Daugherty added, “I think Kari was real relaxed in the first half and I think calmed her sister’s nerves a little bit. But in the fourth quarter, Kristin stepped up for us when it really mattered. The seniors really stepped up with us.

Hathaway Brown (22-5), which was unranked in the final AP poll, was led by freshman Mylan Woods with nine points and six rebounds while junior forward Angela Groves had seven points and four rebounds. Hathaway Brown shot a dismal 27 percent from the field on 10-of-37 shooting.

Coming into the tournament, River View was ranked No. 2 in the final AP poll finishing the regular season 19-1 with its lone loss coming against Columbus Africentric in the Classic in the Country tournament Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend. This year marks the 25th anniversary of the 1982 River View state championship, of which coach Daugherty was a member. Her father, Dave Mast coached that team, and Daugherty is thankful for having the opportunity for her and her husband Bill to have coached her daughters to two state championships.

DIVISION IV
                        COLUMBUS – New Knoxville hangs its hat on playing tough defense. Saturday, the Rangers met another team with similar headgear. Columbus Africentric slapped a historic defensive effort on the Rangers en route to a 44-27 win in the Division IV state championship before a crowd of 3,734 at Ohio State’s Schottenstein Center. New Knoxville’s 27 points set a record for the lowest output by a team in a D-IV final and the teams’ combined tally of 71 set a divisional record for fewest total points in a title game. The previous record of 72 was set by Frankfort Adena and Rocky River Lutheran West in 1976 – the first year of the OHSAA girls tournament.

Although the No. 1 ranked Nubians entered averaging 75.8 points per game – the highest scoring average of any team in the state tournament – little was made of their defense until today. On the season, Africentric held opponents to 37.6 points per game, which translates into an average winning margin of 38.2.

Hitting just three-of-17 first half shots (17.6-percent) and committing eight turnovers, New Knoxville trailed 17-7 at halftime. The Rangers lone bucket of the second quarter was a 3-pointer by Casey Horstman with 33 seconds left.

In the third quarter Africentric outscored New Knoxville 15-5 to build a 32-12 edge. Heading into the fourth quarter the Rangers were 4-of-23 and had 16 turnovers. New Knoxville outscored the Nubians 15-12 in the final eight minutes but the damage was done. For the game, New Knoxville hit nine-of-33 shots (27.3-percent) and committed 20 turnovers. Haley Kruse led the Rangers with 11 points, while Brooke Niemeyer added eight.

Harris scored 11 points and grabbed seven rebounds to lead Africentric which shot 44.2-percent (19-of-43) and had 17 turnovers. Shi’niece Cox and Tyesha Moss added eight points apiece.

With the win, Africentric becomes the fourth Columbus City League school to win a state title and the first since Brookhaven did it in 1996. In just four short years (the school was opened in 2003) the Nubians have state hardware.

DIVISION III
                        COLUMBUS – After receiving Ohio’s Ms. Basketball award earlier in the week, Cleveland Central Catholic’s Jantel Lavender added a state championship on Saturday. Leading CCC to its first title in school history in any sport, Lavender scored 23 points, grabbed nine rebounds, blocked six shots and hit four free throws in the final 16 seconds as the Ironmen staved off Delphos St. John’s, 51-45, in the Division III state final before 4,624 spectators at Ohio State’s Schottenstein Center. Lavender’s high school career ended where her college one starts. Lavender will be a Buckeye next season.

Delphos St. John’s, making its 10th state tournament appearance, failed in its bid to tie Pickerington for the most state titles in history (six). Instead the Blue Jays moved to 5-1 in state finals.

Lavender had no problem getting the ball to fall. The 6-foot-4 post scored the first five points of the game and hit her first four shots as CCC built a 13-9 lead with 1:58 to go in the first quarter. DSJ responded with an 11-2 run and held the Ironmen scoreless the first four minutes of the second quarter to edge ahead 20-17. The Blue Jays led 24-21 at half.

In the third quarter the Ironmen outscored DSJ 17-9 and outrebounded them 13-5 to swing momentum. Senior Candyce Flynn also discovered her shot.

Draining a 3-pointer from the right baseline with her team down two, Flynn’s score put CCC ahead for good, 32-30. She also added two free throws and a shot at the buzzer as the Ironmen led 38-33 after three quarters. Flynn ended the game with 11 points and five assists.

Another Flynn bucket with 3:36 to play gave CCC its largest lead, 44-37, and led to a DSJ timeout. The Blue Jays scored five straight after stoppage to pull within 44-42 with 2:18 left, but got no closer. DSJ had several opportunities in the closing seconds to make plays and failed. CCC went 7-for-8 at the free throw line in the final 49 seconds.

The Ironmen converted their first trip to Columbus into gold.

DIVISION I
                        COLUMBUS – Death, taxes and Mount Notre Dame basketball. For the third time in four years, Cincinnati Mount Notre Dame claimed the Division I girls basketball state championship with a resounding 63-43 win over Stow Munroe-Falls Saturday night in front of 3,576 fans at Ohio State University’s Jerome Schottenstein Center.

MND shot the lights out and clamped down on Stow’s offense to pull out the win under first-year head coach Dante Harlan. The Cougars (23-4) were led by sophomore forward Kendall Hackney with 21 points on 8-of-10 shooting and 14 rebounds. Sophomore forward Tia McBride had 19 points and nine rebounds while sophomore guard Gabby Smith added nine points and four rebounds. As a team, MND shot 48 percent from the floor on 24-of-50 shooting.

Stow (24-4) got 17 points and seven rebounds from senior Bowling Green recruit Lianna Jennings, who battled an injured back after a physical semifinal game with Pickerington North. The Lady Bulldogs also got 13 points from junior guard Emilee Ritchie and 10 points from senior guard Cate Cianchetti.

Stow shot 27.5 percent on 14-of-51 shooting. Jennings had 19 points and 11 rebounds in the state semifinal game. MND led 28-12 at halftime.

For the previous six seasons, Harlan was an assistant coach for MND under now assistant Dr. Scott Rogers. Previous to this season, Rogers relinquished his duties to Harlan and took a seat on the bench. In her fourth trip to the state tournament with MND, the coaching staff honored senior guard Melissa Hersey by starting her Saturday night. Hersey had two points, one rebound and six assists in 23 minutes of play. She will play college basketball for Ohio Dominican.

Comment

GL JoePa!
                          2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Here are the State of Ohio Boys Basketball Final Brackets....

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/bk/boys/tourn07/state.pdf

I also attached it if you'd like to simply view it as a .pdf without going to the web site!

:beerbang:

Of course Canton Glen Oak includes 7'2" Kosta Koufos....and Ohio State recruit: In one game this season he had 30pts. and 30 rebounds.

Kosta Koufos Profile - Basketball Recruiting
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by joepa66; 03-21-2007, 10:50 AM. Reason: added link...

Comment

Born and raised in the Cleveland area....how do you like that St. Edward Eagle team? what's the line on that game?

Comment

Working...
                              X