Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we going to have the Predictem bracket challenge once again this year?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we going to have the Predictem bracket challenge once again this year?

Just wondering if we're going to have the predictem bracket challenge once again this year. I know it probably took a helluva lot of work from everyone who had to grade plays, etc...but I thought it was a great idea and was wondering if it's going to happen once again this year. Also was wondering if we could make it so there would be a buy in for it? Not much...maybe $10-$20 each? with a field of 64, we could get a pretty good sized pot going. Thoughts? Maybe give out 60% to the winner, 25% to 2nd, 10% to 3rd, and 5% to 4th. This way everyone who makes the final 4 wins some $. Thoughts???

i have no objections to that bookie. I'd be willing to grade brackets as well if need be.

Comment

Sounds great!

Are you talking about the one where it was cappers against cappers? Didn't we do that last year and there was some reason we couldn't put any money on it?
      From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

Yea, that was alot of fun, though I don't think we need to complicate by adding money to it in all honesty. WilliWonka set it up last year, but hasn't been around much so maybe someone who has been in the forum all season long would want to set it up. I wouldn't mind doing it if no one else wants to and I reemember Stifler did a fantastic job with the scoring last year too if he wants in again with some help from some trusted cappers on here if necessary...

Was really a great concept and fun time.

Comment

Complicate it by adding money?

Interesting thing to say on a sports gambling website....yeah, we hate that kinda stuff.. :laughing: Personally I think any pool/fantasy/contest is better when even a few bucks are put down or a sponsor kicks in a few bucks.....it gives you some kind of "prize" to strive for at the end....even if it's small....

Other capper sites have contests with entry fees, so I'm sure it is allowed...

Comment

I'm not sure...

I'm not sure JML but for some reason I believe Kevin nix'd the money and got sponsors to kick in....Not sure why but that sticks in my mind.... It was fun though so count me in again...:beerbang:
            From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by shorts View Post
              I'm not sure JML but for some reason I believe Kevin nix'd the money and got sponsors to kick in....Not sure why but that sticks in my mind.... It was fun though so count me in again...:beerbang:
              I think you're right....just saying, I don't think it's "illegal" as other sites do it for year long contests.

Cuse might be right...a sponsor prize would be easier than a buy-in...

Comment

One word - PRIDE :thumbs:

Comment

whether it's free or for money, I'm definitely interested in doing it again this year. Although I think it would be a little more 'fun' with some $ involved..lol...The reason I'm bringing this up now is that I'm going to be out of town from 3/8 to 3/15 and don't want to miss out on this. I'll try to come on here atleast once next week to see where we're at with this, but incase the entries are done before selection sunday, count me in!!

kevin / mods....can we do this for some money this year? if so, how do you think we should handle the buy in fees? we can do paypal again like we did for toys for tots..

Comment

I have submitted it to the powers that be.
                    a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
                    Sides: +17.4 units
                    Totals: +0 units
                    In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
                    Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

Originally posted by Horfin View Post
                      I have submitted it to the powers that be.
                      :beerbang:

Comment

:beerbang:
                        Last edited by homedawg; 03-06-2008, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Tell me FF lost that first round matchup last year.....he was against a live 16 seed!

One easy way to get the 64 players would be to go to members list on the top bar, and hit "posts" to list from most to last, and do the top 64...then take out the people that don't post anymore... :dunno: That would be an easy way to get names anyway...

Where have you gone Dookieman..Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you" :prtytim:
                          Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 03-06-2008, 07:11 PM.

Comment

if this ends up happening then I think I deserve a 15-16 seed. :laughing:
                            Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

The seeds are useless. Whoever puts the sheet up should just do it without the seeds. All the seeds do is give certain guy's "big heads" (nonsexual reference) and give others reason to feel underappreciated or slighted. I think the guys who were part of the NCAA Forum all season long should get first crack, and then the other top posters should be allowed in after that, and if there's still room then do a first come, first serve thing. It would be unfair for a guy like bk killa to be left out simply because he isn't around (when he's been posting in NCAA all season long).

wsox - you have to go the the play-in game.... :laughing:

Comment

Working...
                              X