Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you guys see the end of the UCLA/Stanford game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you guys see the end of the UCLA/Stanford game?

Depending on which side you were on, this was either the best bet that ever came in or one of the worst losses you have ever endured. Most lines were at -/+8.5. Stanford was in control for most of the game and had a 5 point lead with :50 seconds left. UCLA came back and ultimately tied the game. Lawrence Hill drove down and made a floater with 7 seconds left in regulation to give stanford the lead. Collison then drove down the court and put up a shot that was "blocked" by Hill but they called a foul. Collison made both and sent the game to OT.

But it gets better (or worse) depending on your point of view. Nobody scored for the first two minutes of OT. Finally UCLA made a bucket and with about a minute left, it was a 2 point game with UCLA leading. Well after a flagrant foul was called on Stanford (which probably wasn't the right call), UCLA had a 6 point lead and stanford was in "deep 3" mode and then fouling after they missed. UCLA got two garbage buckets which pushed the lead to 10 with 12 seconds left.

Stanford came down firing threes and missing but got the offensive board. Mitch Johnson finally shot an open 10 footer for a bucket to cut the lead to 8 with 1.2 seconds left.

Here is where it gets interesting. Love in-bounded the ball to Collison, and the clock did not start. Collison got it at half court and jogged to the hoop expecting the clock to sound, which it did not. He kept going and ultimately rolled it off the rim for the cover at the buzzer.

Absolutely amazing if you had UCLA and devastating if you had Stanford.

As a Cal grad with a UCLA second half wager on the line, I was happy.

Just wanted to get this update out as most of you guys are east coasters.

Money

I saw and didn't like!

Comment

I wasn't a fan of it ( I wasn't on either side), but Stanford was covering and winning most of the game and then that last layup just killed it. Collison should have just held the ball.
      Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

I didn't see it but I heard that the foul at the end of regulation was a crock of crap
        a.d.

2021 NHL: (through 02/24/2021)
        Sides: +17.4 units
        Totals: +0 units
        In Game (Not posted) -0.6 units
        Parlay: -1.8

All 2021 NHL:+14.9 units

Comment

The foul at the end of regulation was an absolute atrocity first of all. The block up top couldn't have been any cleaner and MAYBE they bumped hips a touch but jesus, Collison basically spun-dribbled right into the guy's bread basket. What was he supposed to do?

As for the OT ending, not only should Collison have not shot that, he also should have pulled it back on the previous possession instead of throwing a lob to Westbrook, and there was no reaso nfor Love to throw an inbounds pass 50 feet across mid-court with 2.2 seconds left, or whatever time there was. Just inbound the bound close and run it out wow.

That was truly a HORRID beat for anyone on Stanford (which was clearly the right side).

PS Did anyone who watched the game want to get ill over Brook Lopez's play? I mean all he does is set up on the RIGHT BLOCK every single time down the court (literally) and then they lob it to him and he spins right and takes a horrific shot. He will get his lunch eaten in the pros, my god..... What happened to Lawrence Hill and Anthony Goods who were tremendous offensive players last year? Now they're entire offense is B Lopez right block and R Lopez left block. It's horrible to watch.

Comment

CAN YOU SAY HELLO VEGAS.........:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
            DISCIPLINE AND SELF CONTROL....WILL HELP YOU CONQUER THIS GAME CALLED SPORTS CAPPIN.

MONTH OF APRIL
            MLB STRONG PLAYS=9-2
            MLB REGULAR PLAYS= 3-2

MONTH OF APRIL
            NBA- 2-4

Comment

Because I know some of you are wondering, NO, i was NOT on Stanford last night.

I didn't jinx them, and it's not my fault they didn't cover (for a change) :laughing:

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline is Key View Post
                CAN YOU SAY HELLO VEGAS.........:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
                What does that mean? The ref called the foul because he knew UCLA would win by 9+ points in OT. Don't think so man.

Comment

Working...
                X