St. Joe's @ Dayton Info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Joe's @ Dayton Info

Hey guys...just thought I'd share a little info on this game today at 2:00 p.m. Anyone who follows the A10 closely is well aware that Dayton has the biggest home court advantage in the A10. Dayton's fans are incredible....and I have seen many, many times where the team feeds off the crowd and can pull out close wins at home.

Today is Senior Day at UD Arena. While the Flyers have been in a free fall since being ranked No. 14 in the country, I can guarantee that the home court advantage today would have been incredible. Dayton Flyer fans LOVE Brian Roberts. The atmosphere there would have been amazing. The game is essentially an at large elimination game for St. Joe and Dayton today. Whoever loses is going to have to win the A10 tourney to get to the dance.

St. Joe's played on Thursday night...so the Thursday 9:00 p.m. home game to Saturday 2:00 p.m. turn around is not in St. Joe's favor.

I don't think home court advantage can be overlooked in this game. HOWEVER, it is snowing like crazy in Ohio today. There is a level 3 snow emergency where I live. Blizzard Warning in effect until 4:00 p.m. today.

I live about 25 minutes from Dayton. There is a level 2 snow emergency there. As of now, the game is scheduled to go forward....but there is NO WAY UD Arena will be near capacity today.

So, anyone capping this game who wants to look to final home game Senior Day (Brian Roberts Day) for UD being a deciding factor....please be aware that the gym will likely only be half full.

I'm leaning to St. Joe today. I don't like the 2 day turn around..but its March...so its now or never. I just have no idea how UD's front court is going to contend with Calathes, Nivens and Ferguson...major, major matchup problem for UD. The home court advantage was the only thing keeping me from taking the Hawks...that home court advantage and electric atmosphere is going to be greatly diminshed with today's weather.

GL!! I'm also pissed...there is no way I will be able to get down to the Cintas tonight to show appreciation to Lavender, Burrell and Duncan for anchoring the best regular season in Xavier history. Really bummed...but I'm not dying or wrecking my car for a basketball game that will be on tv.

Worst snow since 1978 in southern Ohio....and it happens in March. Unbelievable.
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

thanks nigel. wire is so slow haha.

Comment

Working...
    X