OVEN MITT & JoePa's Plowed Under Monday Baskets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OVEN MITT & JoePa's Plowed Under Monday Baskets

12 INCHES OF SNOW AND 2 INCHES OF ICE FROM A RARE LIGHTNING & THUNDER ICE STORM ON SATURDAY!

OVEN MITT YTD: 28 - 29
    3/7: 1 - 0

"Definitely"
    GONZAGA -6.5
    vs. San Diego

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 124 - 119 - 3
    UNITS: 14.50
    3/7: 3 - 3
    MAC: 29 - 19

Still digging out from the mess I've created this year. But a nice win by Kent at Akron really helps melt things a little bit!

SIENA -3 vs. Rider
    ELON +17.5 vs. Davidson
    GEORGE MASON -8 vs. William & Mary

BOL to everyone & hope ya get dug out! :thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Here's the Kent/UA game story.....can't wait to watch it tonight. I Tivo'ed it because I was 3 hours away doing a radio broadcast of a boys regional hoops game!

Fisher’s Last Second Shot Gives Kent State Outright MAC Title With 61-58 Win At Akron
    Golden Flashes set school record with 25 regular season wins

Courtesy: Kent State Athletic Communications
    Release: 03/09/2008

AKRON, Ohio — Junior guard Al Fisher (Pennsauken, N.J. / Redlands CC) swished a three-pointer from the right wing with three seconds left as Kent State won the Mid-American Conference Title outright with a 61-58 victory over host Akron. The Golden Flashes now head to the MAC Tournament as the number one seed at 25-6 overall and 13-3 in the league. The 25 wins set a school record for regular season wins passing the 24 victories by the 2001-02 that reached the Elite 8. The loss drops the Zips to 21-9 and 11-5.

Fisher improved his candidacy for MAC Player of the Year with a team high 17 points, eight rebounds and four assists. His last second heroics withstood a 16-3 run by Akron in the final two minutes. Jeremiah Wood, who ended the night with a game high 23 points, capped off the Zip run with a three-pointer to tie the game at 58 with nine seconds remaining to set up the KSU game winner.

“I knew time was running down and I was just trying to get a little bit of space to get a shot,” said Fisher, “I just took what I could get and I put it up.”

Kent State dominated the first 38 minutes of the game and held Akron to just 32.0 percent shooting for the night. The Golden Flashes were even tougher on the perimeter as the Zips - which lead the MAC with 8.6 three-pointers per game - shot just 3-23 (13.0%) from beyond the arc.

The Kent State defense was the story of the first half forcing Akron into a mere 4-24 (16.7%) shooting. Senior Haminn Quaintance (Sarasota, Fla. / Jacksonville U.), was also in double figures with 13 points, scored the first two baskets for the Golden Flashes which raced out to a 19-4 lead in the opening 11 minutes as the Zips shot only 1 of 14 from the field. The margin was cut down to 11 (22-11) by UA at the 4:29 mark before Fisher scored five of the final 10 points of the half for KSU which took a 32-15 lead into the locker room.

The Zips scored the first six points of the second half, but Fisher answered with a lay-up and later two more buckets inside by Quaintance help push the advantage back up to 16 (39-23) five minutes into the half. The Golden Flash lead would never dip below 10 points the rest of the game until the final push by Akron, which was fueled by KSU with four turnovers and a 1-4 effort from the foul line during the stretch.

“At the end of the game I thought we got a little rattled, said Head Coach Jim Christian, “We dropped some passes and made some silly decisions, but at the end of the day you have to find a way to win and we did that today.”

Junior Jordan Mincy (Memphis, Tenn. / Ridgeway) had another stellar defensive game holding UA’s Nick Dials (12.7 ppg) to 2-10 shooting and a just five points.

For the game Kent State shot 40.7 percent, improving to 24-2 this year when shooting better than 40 percent.

Kent State returns to action on Thursday in the quarterfinals of the MAC Tournament. The Golden Flashes will face the winner of Wednesday’s Bowling Green and Toledo match-up at 7:00 pm on Fox Sports Ohio.

NOTES: Kent State now has nine wins over the RPI Top 100 ... Overall MAC Championship is the third in school history for Kent State (2001-02; 2005-06) ... KSU also wins MAC East Division title for the sixth time in eight years ... Haminn Quaintance went over the 1,300 point plateau for his collegiate career (1,310) and is the only player in NCAA history with over 1,300 points - 850 rebounds - 250 blocks - 250 assists - 200 steals ... Senior Mike Scott had seven points and needs just seven to become the 24th player at KSU to score 1,000 ... Kent State is 21-0 when leading at half time and 23-0 when leading with five minutes left.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Nice Weather!

Nice weather wasn't Joepa! I sure could have used Dan here! Took me 4 hours to shovel out the driveway!!

BOL to ya! I'm laying low for now went down hard last week!

Not going to be able to make it Friday...just got notice we're starting the moving of our data center this week!!!!
      From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

Here's the link to the men's tournament info:

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/9400...DB_OEM_ID=9400

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
          12 INCHES OF SNOW AND 2 INCHES OF ICE FROM A RARE LIGHTNING & THUNDER ICE STORM ON SATURDAY!

OVEN MITT YTD: 28 - 29
          3/7: 1 - 0

"Definitely"
          GONZAGA -6.5
          vs. San Diego

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 124 - 119 - 3
          UNITS: 14.50
          3/7: 3 - 3

Still digging out from the mess I've created this year. But a nice win by Kent at Akron really helps melt things a little bit!

SIENA -3 vs. Rider
          ELON +17.5 vs. Davidson
          GEORGE MASON -8 vs. William & Mary

BOL to everyone & hope ya get dug out! :thumbs:

12 inches thats nothing .........no excuses from you people in ohio...........i was too busy handling everyones driveway here in buffalo.......except u-dog of course.......so i couldn't make it over to ohio
          ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
          NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
          MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
          CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

LMAO Dan.......the worst part of the whole mess was the torrential downpour of freezing rain. It sounded like someone was outside the hours throwing BB's at the windows. I shoveled my drive and walk 5x to keep up on Saturday. Sunshine yesterday allowed everything to melt a little bit and most of the highways are now clear around here! By the way, nice job officiating the Garaway boys regional victory 51-47 over Columbus Bishop Ready lastnight. You and Whaleydog teamed up with Kevin Lang make a nice crew.....
            :thumbs: :laughing:

Comment

Originally posted by shorts View Post
              Nice weather wasn't Joepa! I sure could have used Dan here! Took me 4 hours to shovel out the driveway!! BOL to ya! I'm laying low for now went down hard last week!....Not going to be able to make it Friday...just got notice we're starting the moving of our data center this week!!!!
              You guys moving again or just in the same building?
              Take a peek at the MAC bracket and you'll find Kent's motivation to win....they are in the same bracket with the 3 teams that beat them in MAC play this year!

GL digging out Shorts....don't know why you don't just get a dragon to come over from Tiffin University and melt the snow for ya.....:laughing:

Comment

I'm not moving...

Nope we're not moving again...just the data center. This all part of closing the old office...the machines are going to be shipped to Atlanta! We have 2 huge data centers there!

I've already got it pulled up!! I will have to find time to fit watching the games in though!!!!

I sure could have used a Dragon!!! I sure did find out how out of shape I am!!! Didn't get that winded though since I'm over a month without a smoke...and nobody was even injured!!!
                :laughing:

So when you're at the game let me know where you're going to be sitting and paint predictem on your chest with your face painted the Kent colors!!!! :laughing: That way I'll know who to toast too!!!! :beerbang:
                From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

21.3 inches total in buffalo..............12inches near you...........your a girl joepa ..........thank god im the shovel man and able to handle the 21.3in
                  ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                  NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                  MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                  CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Joepa 21 inches here I shoveled all day Sat. Sun. sore as a bitch GL

Comment

gl joe :thumbs:
                      **ALL PLAYS ARE TO WIN 1UNIT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED**

Comment

3-1. Very well done, JoePa. Congrats.
                        NBA: 9-15, 31%
                        NCAA CBB: 119-76, 61%
                        MLB: 21-18, +10.47 UNITS
                        NFL PRESEASON: 14-6
                        NFL REG. SEASON: 51-34, 60%
                        TOTALS: 1-3, 25%
                        PLAYOFFS: 4-1
                        NFL OVERALL: 68-44, 61%

NCAA FOOTBALL:
                        SIDES: 102-68, 60%
                        BOWLS: 16-13
                        TOTALS: 0-0

Favorite teams:
                        NCAAF: Purdue
                        NCAABB: Purdue
                        NFL: Tampa Bay
                        NBA: Orlando Magic
                        MLB: Cubbies

Comment

ALL THESE FREAKING TOUTS.....21 INCHES! :bang:

OH, you're talking about the snow....sheesh, I thought you guys were the next Henry Reams or Long Dong Silver or something.....:laughing:

Sore as hell too, my aching back, right knee and neck!

OVEN MITT YTD: 28 - 30
                          3/10: 0 - 1

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD: 127 - 119 - 3
                          UNITS: -11.50
                          3/10: 3 - 0

:thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                          X