As of now the 65....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As of now the 65....

There are going to me some FURIOUS major conference teams this year. The WCC was a complete joke this season overall and they are getting three teams in, ha... Meanwhile the ACC is ranked #1 overall, for better or worse, and will be sweating out even trying to get a 5th team in. And the Pac 10, for anyone who watched basketball is the best conference in America, and it's going to struggle to get a 6th team in while the WCC gets 3. Tough to stomach. Also, the Atlantic 10 would wipe the floor with the WCC and they are in no way getting 3 bids now. Oregon hates life right now too and so does Syracuse, Villanova, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Maryland plus Florida.

Here we goooooo:

17 1 BIDS (including Davidson)

ACC (4) - UNC, DUKE, CLEMSON, MIAMI
    BE (7) - GTOWN, LOUEY, ND, UCONN, MARQ, PITT, WVU
    B10 (4) - WISKY, INDY, MICH ST, PURDUE
    B12 (6) - KANSAS, TEXAS, BAYLOR, OKLA, K-STATE, TEX AM
    P10 (5) - UCLA, USC, STANFORD, WAZZU, ARIZ ST
    SEC (4) - TENN, VANDY, MISS ST, ARKY
    WCC (3) - SAN DIEGO, GONZAGA, ST MARYS
    MWC (2) - BYU, UNLV
    A-10 (2) - XAVIER, UMASS
    BELT (2) - SOUTH ALABAMA and TOURNEY WINNER
    HORI (1) - BUTLER
    USA (1) - MEMPHIS
    MVC (1) - DRAKE
    MAC (1) - KENT STATE

(43) = (60)

I would say all of those teams are firmly in barring first round losses from say Kent State, UMass, or even UNLV or Texas AM in their tourneys.

Rest - Va Tech, Maryland, Syracuse, Villanova, Ohio State, Oregon, Arizona, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Florida, Illinois State, Dayton, St Josephs, New Mexico

For me it's (in no order): Kentucky, Syracuse/Villanova winner, Arizona OR Oregon, Ole Miss, Ohio State OR Arizona/Oregon

I give absolutely NO SHOT to Florida or New Mexico and slim to no shot for Illy State, Maryland, Va Tech, and Dayton/St Joes only one at most will be in the discussion (which will play out in their tourney).

:thumbs:

couldn't you get two from the horizon league if butler doesn't win it??

Comment

What about two from the MAC if Kent doesn't win the post season tournament......I've heard and read all kinds of arguments for them! They win at St. Mary's and St. Mary's is definitely in.....so what about Kent at 25-6 and 13-3 in the MAC?!

Of course, how about Butler if they fall to Cleveland State for the second time this season? It could happen, and the snow has already flown here....LMAO
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

cuse- KY is in. There has never been a team from the SEC with 11+ wins not make it and they won't hold a 12 win SEC team out now. WCC is just a complete and utter joke. I think as i said in your thread yesterday that if you want to hold these BS tournies and have "shockers" then the "shocker" should come at your own conference's expense. If you want to play the title game on the 3rd place team's floor in hopes of getting in an "extra team" then by all means do so. But that "extra team" in USD is coming at STM expense. That would curtail the home courts and maybe even how a lot of these conference tournies are run. I wish the selection guys put a lot more weight on what conferences deserve as well. What a joke if the Pac10 gets 5 and the WCC gets 3. But in all honesty, the Pac10 will get 6. Arizona went 3-6 in the 2nd half of conference play and was 1-4 at home in the 2nd half of conference play. They also went 0-8 vs. UCLA, STAN, ASU and ORE. And they got Nic Wise back for the ORE game and blew a 3 point halftime lead to lose by 10.
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
          What about two from the MAC if Kent doesn't win the post season tournament......I've heard and read all kinds of arguments for them! They win at St. Mary's and St. Mary's is definitely in.....so what about Kent at 25-6 and 13-3 in the MAC?!

Of course, how about Butler if they fall to Cleveland State for the second time this season? It could happen, and the snow has already flown here....LMAO
          JoePa and Daws - OBVIOUSLY they could get 2 if Butler or Kent St lose but as of right now they don't have two so why am I gonna count that??? Think fellas, think.

FF- I agree Kentucky is in too but I left them down there for whatever reason for now. 12-3 in the SEC and the name Kentucky is a lock. I agree there are basically 4 spots left after them.

Comment

This year is pretty intriguing with the bubble teams. Even though I have absolutely no love for them, Dayton could be a team with some gripes. Just looking at it objectively, UD has a RPI of 36 and a SOS of 41. In most years, I believe that would probably be good enough to get them in or place them as one of the first 2-3 bubble teams. Not so this year....they aren't even in the first 5-6 teams mentioned right now. They had a horrible February, only finished .500 in the A10, but they did have a major injury in Chris Wright, who will be back to play in the A10 Tourney this week. Signature wins @ Louisville (who had injuries of their own at the time) and at home against Pitt.

While I personally don't think the Flyers are all that great and probably shouldn't be in, I have a hard time believing that St. Mary's (RPI 39, SOS 137) should be in over them.

Hopefully the Flyers win on Wednesday against SLU and the Muskies can crush their tourney hopes on Thursday, completing a second straight 3 game sweep of the Flyers.
            "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Flyers,

look at the bright side. atleast these **** conferences getting multiples will be good fades in the tournament when they match up with a major conference. WCC, Sun Belt and MWC. I will fade St. Mary's against almost any big time conference team within in reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
                This year is pretty intriguing with the bubble teams. Even though I have absolutely no love for them, Dayton could be a team with some gripes. Just looking at it objectively, UD has a RPI of 36 and a SOS of 41.

While I personally don't think the Flyers are all that great and probably shouldn't be in, I have a hard time believing that St. Mary's (RPI 39, SOS 137) should be in over them.
                First of all, you know I respect your opinions greatly and enjoy our banter, but the fact is you're an A-10 homer Nigel, so I don't think thats really all that "objective". I'm sure if you tried hard enough you find a way to get 4 A-10 teams in the tourney ya know? Objectively speaking, your best argument would have been that no team EVER in the A-10 has gone 8-8 and ever sniffed the NCAA Tourney. Those A-10 teams (St Joe's, URI, UMass, Dayton, and even Temple) all beat each other up and knocked themselves all out of any shot to make it. The only who wit ha gripe (And will get in IMHO) is UMass.

I also don't necessary believe Dayton is better than Saint Mary's. It's not the Gaels fault that 6 teams in their conference were an atrocity this season and they had to play each of them twice, thus decimating their SOS. Ya know?

Last edited by CuseFan10; 03-11-2008, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                  Flyers,

look at the bright side. atleast these **** conferences getting multiples will be good fades in the tournament when they match up with a major conference. WCC, Sun Belt and MWC. I will fade St. Mary's against almost any big time conference team within in reason.
                  They'll all probably cover numbers like +8.5, +.5, and +11 hahaha :laughing:

Comment

What are your thoughts on VCU's chances for an at-large bid?
                    Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                      Those A-10 teams (St Joe's, URI, UMass, Dayton, and even Temple) all beat each other up and knocked themselves all out of any shot to make it. :

THWND!!!!!!!!!!!

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

Originally posted by wsox08 View Post
                        Less than ZERO. No Top 50 wins and only played 2 teams in the Top 50 even all season.

Comment

Everyone's pissed about the WCC getting 3 teams and saying the WCC doesn't deserve that because they had a bad RPI and what not, but the 3 teams that are getting in are deserving.

Blame the other 7 teams for the poor RPI. But I don't see that as a problem really because the other 7 that aren't deserving AREN'T GETTING IN.

If Syracuse wins a couple times and then loses a close one to a good team in the Big East tourney they'll probably play themselves in, so it's not completely out of their control. I gotta believe they'll also have their reputation working in their favor when it comes time for at-large selections.

Comment

Originally posted by wsox08 View Post
                            21 wins over the RPI 100+ shouldn't cut the mustard

I still say that a conference deserves "x" amount of bids, and you can send whomever you want, but you aint gettin' more than your allotment. It is a travesty when conferences like the SunBelt, WCC etc.. pick up extra bids because of the conference tourneys. Never used to be an issue because they were pretty much all 1 bid leagues, but as conferences like the WCC, MVC etc....get multiple bids each year, enough is enough. If you are trying to fill the field with the best combo of 65 teams (taking into account that some ****ty conferences get a bid no matter what like the SWAC and they obviously aren't a 65 best team) then the conference tourney auto bid should be a dinosaur. USD taking the spot of an Arizona, Ohio State, ASU, Oregon etc...is just a travesty.

I do think when all is said and done that the Pac10 gets six and the big10 gets their 5, especially if Arizona/Oregon and OSU win 1st round conference tourney games. I think teams like ILLST are in jeopardy at this point as well. It's too bad that an ILLST would get left out at the hands of USD or a team from the MAC other than KENTST (assuming KENT would still get a bid which is debatable). My sentiments are still, if you want to F*k KENTST by playing a conferenc tourney, by all means go ahead. But you're not getting a 2nd bid if KENTST doesn't win it....same with all these conferences. I think you would see a lot change if that was the case. As it stands, the **** conferences have nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing it they way they are. They are still getting that 1 bid no matter what and if an upset happens, they may get a 2nd team in. Just a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by EdwardHaney View Post
                              Everyone's pissed about the WCC getting 3 teams and saying the WCC doesn't deserve that because they had a bad RPI and what not, but the 3 teams that are getting in are deserving.

USD isn't deserving. They have an RPI of 100, they went 1-3 vs. STM and the ZAGS this year and then what the **** with playing the tourney on their home floor. They won a conference tourney on their home freeking floor. They have no business being in at the expense of an Arizona/Oregon/Ohio State etc.......

Comment

Working...
                              X