Illinois/Penn St.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois/Penn St.

Illini 8 pt. favs over PENN St.???????? HUH???

strange line of the day which will keep me away. PSU beats them 2x this year by 1 and 4 points and are an 8 point dog in the 3rd meeting on a neutral floor. I think you would have to play ILL or nothing. Looks too easy to take PSU +8
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

definitely Illini or nothing here.. I also like the under. I see the Illini winning this game and possibly covering, but it could come down to FTs :puke:
      Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

yea both of these teams can go through stretches of not scoring for awhile so i think its hard to take either side.

Comment

Why Illinois or nothing? Since Randle went down, they have been even worse... Not sure that I'll be on PSU yet, but it's definitely a lean...
          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
            Why Illinois or nothing? Since Randle went down, they have been even worse... Not sure that I'll be on PSU yet, but it's definitely a lean...
            Agreed, and I'll be on PSU. I think....

Comment

UDog: Randle has played the past two games. (yeah I was surprised too because they said he was out for the year)

He played 10 mins v. MSU and 27 vs. Minnesota.

For PSU: Obviously Claxton is out for the year but their second leading scorer, Cornley, is also out for the year, so they are missing their top two scorers for the year.
              Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

In the first matchup PSU won 68-64 in Champaign.

Claxton had 11 pts, 11 rebounds
                Cornley had 18 pts, 12 rebounds

I would also factor in that it was Jan 6, so I'm not sure all the students were back at school yet.
                Overall Records

Comment

Penn St. :beerbang:

Comment

13 of psu 15 wins have come at home. just so happens they got illinois in one of their away wins. Its one of those "seems to good to be true" if you like psu here.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                      13 of psu 15 wins have come at home. just so happens they got illinois in one of their away wins. Its one of those "seems to good to be true" if you like psu here.
                      I don't disagree with that at all. Hopefully, they can keep it close in a low scoring, eye bleeding, brick clanging 57-52 type game... :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                        for the same reason the play was OVER in the Mia(oh)/BUF game yesterday which had a posted total of 10 points higher than either game went during the regular season. Fishy fishy fishy line and i want no part of it. I find it highly unlikely that vegas just decided to set a bizarre line on ILL in an effort to "give back" to the betting community out there. I mean don't you find it a little strange that a team that lost to PSU 2x this year is an 8 point favorite? Don't you think that is begging for PSU money? It's a sucker line IMO. Doesn't mean i want the craplinini but im not taking the "free money" either here with PSU.

Comment

Carolina Hurricanes line was "fishy" last night too...sometimes Vegas makes a mistake....hopefully this is another one! :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                            Carolina Hurricanes line was "fishy" last night too...sometimes Vegas makes a mistake....hopefully this is another one! :beerbang:
                            yeah, and if you play those "fishy" lines you're on the wrong side most of the time. Vegas makes mistakes, but not by like 5 points on a line. The UVA opening line was a mistake, IMO, as it started with UVA +1 and is now at -1, but we'll see.

Comment

:party:

Comment

Working...
                              X