Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Else Notice The Height Advantage Depaul Vs. AF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Else Notice The Height Advantage Depaul Vs. AF?

It's puzzling to me how Depaul is not dropping it into the center every freakin time. I have no money on this game, but I would have taken Depaul, and I still like Depaul even though they're losing.

But anyways, does anyone else notice the size Depaul's monster center has over Air Forces? It looks like Air Force's center only gets up to Depaul's centers chin. If Depaul would finally realize this, they could get their player lookin like freakin SHAQ!
    39-39-2 Plays, 26-25 Leans, System Plays (2-1), Half System Plays (2-4)
    Playoffs 6-4 Plays, 4-1 Leans

43-46 Plays, 24-28 Leans, 4-4 System Plays, 2-0 Half System Plays
    Playoffs 8-4 plays, 1-2 leans, 1-0 Half System Plays

36-29 Plays, 25-31 leans; Playoffs 3-3 Plays, 0-2 leans

18-16-1 Plays, 18-18-1 Leans; Playoffs 6-2 Plays, 0-1 Leans

15-8 plays, 7-6 leans, 2-1 Heavy MLs

Nothing smart or right happens in the NIT period.

Comment

You make a great point 77, but Mr Pink makes a much better one.

Comment

would u call it right that all 3 #1 seeds are in the final four of the NIT, pending air force as the 4th?

It doesn't really mean anything though cuz of the home field advantage all the higher seeds get. A lot of teams have been stone cold on the road this season, and some teams can't win away from home.

too bad no one really cares about the NIT. who won last year? old dominion? I have no clue.

Comment

The pace in this 2H is WAY WAY too slow... Air Force wastes the whole clock and throws up a crappy shot and DePaul holds the ball for the majority oft he time..
          Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

That O/U was way too good to be true. :puke:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
              That O/U was way too good to be true. :puke:
              gotta hope for OT...
              Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

I was pretty surprised that air force didn't get the nod as an at large bid for the NCAA tourney. Duke went through a losing streak to end the season as well, but they still got in, and got a relatively high seed in the process.
                Wasn't air force ranked top 25 when the season ended?

I'm taking a look at these NIT teams and it's pretty obvious some of them deserved to be in the tournament. Although they weren't the best team, I think NC state definitely deserved to be in the tournament. They beat some pretty quality opponents on their way to the championship game, and eventually got taken down by a #1 seed.

Woulda taken NC St., Air Force, and Cuse in. Taken ODU and Stanford (pitiful) out. If Arkansas can get in cuz they made the championship, so should have NC st.

Comment

wow, I'm shocked that Air Force is getting these calls in their own arena, I dunno how that hoop and a foul got called a charge, no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by recovering77 View Post
                    I was pretty surprised that air force didn't get the nod as an at large bid for the NCAA tourney. Duke went through a losing streak to end the season as well, but they still got in, and got a relatively high seed in the process.
                    Wasn't air force ranked top 25 when the season ended?

I'm taking a look at these NIT teams and it's pretty obvious some of them deserved to be in the tournament. Although they weren't the best team, I think NC state definitely deserved to be in the tournament. They beat some pretty quality opponents on their way to the championship game, and eventually got taken down by a #1 seed.

Woulda taken NC St., Air Force, and Cuse in. Taken ODU and Stanford (pitiful) out. If Arkansas can get in cuz they made the championship, so should have NC st.
                    Umm, have you been smoking tonight or doing anything else? I hope so or you know nothing about basketball.

First of all the reason Duke got in over Air Force as because first of all Duke played a top 5 schedule this year, they were a top 20 rpi team, they beat Air Force already this season. Those are just to name a few reasons.

You think NC St deserved to get into the tournament with their 17-15 record? Ok than, I hope you arent on the selection committee at your local gym.

Your going to take Syracuse cause they impressed you with a couple HOME wins in the NIT over South Alabama and San Diego St? Ok then, real impressive. If Clemson didnt miss all their free throws tonight, the game wouldnt have even been close.

Its easy to take Stanford and Arkansas out now because they lost, I doubt you would have said that if they won. And my guess is that you havent watched the CAA this year or else you would have seen how good ODU was.

So you basically mean that NC St and Air Force should have been in the tourny over Duke?

Man, I just had to jump all over you for this. No offense but your foolish with those comments.
                    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
                      So you basically mean that NC St and Air Force should have been in the tourny over Duke?

Man, I just had to jump all over you for this. No offense but your foolish with those comments.
                      You're the one that seems foolish right now. I like most of your posts, but any time "Duke" gets mentioned, you go off the edge. Just like in the video post, you seem to have completely misinterepretted what someone said and jumped all over them because they had "Duke" in their post. He in ZERO way implied to the general reader that Air Force or NC St should get in over Duke. He simply made the comparison that Duke, like Air Force, struggled at the end and still got in.

Man. I hate that that was my first post. But, I'm sick of seeing you jump all over people and insult them when you completely failed to comprehend what they said.

Comment

He thought NC St deserved to get into the NCAA tournament. I dont think any State fans would even agree with that.

I dont care what you people think of me speaking of Duke, but when you want to compare Air Force and Duke and have no freakin idea what your talking about, then Im going to say something.

Sorry if you hate Duke and hate the way I speak about them but when something idiotic with no stats is given to me, Im going to laugh at it and give my opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by werd View Post
                          You're the one that seems foolish right now. I like most of your posts, but any time "Duke" gets mentioned, you go off the edge. Just like in the video post, you seem to have completely misinterepretted what someone said and jumped all over them because they had "Duke" in their post. He in ZERO way implied to the general reader that Air Force or NC St should get in over Duke. He simply made the comparison that Duke, like Air Force, struggled at the end and still got in.

Man. I hate that that was my first post. But, I'm sick of seeing you jump all over people and insult them when you completely failed to comprehend what they said.
                          Preach on noob, PREACH ON!!! :thumbs:

Unbelievable Dookie GM - Like I've said for about a month, you only read what you want to read. Never once did he even imply that NC State or Air Force should have been in over Duke. He simply referenced Duke when asking if they might have suffered a similar losing streak to finish out the season like AFA did. He even listed the teams he thought should be out had the teams he felt played well late been added (And Duke was NOT one of them).

Man alive :bang:

Comment

Cuse, your never wrong are you? I have to say, you have been all over everyone here lately and not once do you concede anything. It is always against people. You hate the big 10 so you complained about that to FF all weekend. You made a huge deal out of Syracuse not making the tournament, im sorry buddy but they didnt deserve it and they proved it in the NIT.

Anyway. If you all hate Duke and the way I defend them that is fine, but if you think im ever going to stop, your crazy.

First of all, he first compared Air Force to Duke. He said if Duke was in, then why wasnt Air Force. That is telling me he has no problem is AF got in over Duke. Pretty idiotic IMO. Duke isnt on the same class as Air Force, anyone to compare them knows nothing about basketball.

He then went on to say NC St deserved to be in the tournament. I got beheaded here for saying the ACC is a very good conference that deserved 8 teams. I had everyone jumping all over me, yet this guy says NC St deserved to get in and no one is going to say anything. 17-15 record, yea, why dont we just let Wake Forest in. lol

To say NC St deserves to get in is like me saying Duke deserved a 2 seed this year. You see, I would get flamed for saying this. I would have this whole board all over me.

Its fair for everyone here to jump all over me about Duke, but not fair for me to jump on someone for the same exact thing? Hmm, something Im missing guys. You are doing the same exact thing Im doing but im doing it for Duke and your doing it against them.

Comment

And Im sorry recovering, obviously I didnt mean anything personally. I went a little too far with my comments and I apologize, but as you know when I dont agree with something I will be there to give my opinion.

No harm and good luck tomorrow! That goes to everyone in here, even the ones that hate Duke.:nuts:

Comment

Working...
                              X