Ballin's Saturday Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballin's Saturday Picks

Did pretty well today goin 4-2. Not goin to mention the huge parlay i lost because Memphis missed covering by .5pt, but lets hope this positive streak will continue!

PITT-2
    Gotta like the panthers on this one. Looked a little shaky in the first couple mins against ORU, but they proved a lot of people wrong. Pitt is playing the best ball they've played all season. MSU is questionable. I think this could be a close game or a big win for PITT depending on which Spartan team shows up. Nevertheless, Pitt is the choice here!

STAN-3
    Love this pick. How the line is so low, i don't know. They're coming out of one tough conference, the Pac-10. Their loses this year were to UCLA, USC, ASU (who in my opinion should have been in the tournament), ORE and SIENA and they played great today to upset Vandy. They lost in OT and by 3 to the Bruins of UCLA, #2 in the country. Marquette has also been up and down this season and hasn't done anything special for me. I think Stanford will easy handle Marquette (not to mention the game is in Anaheim, CA... not far at all from San Jose, so practically a home game).

WISC/KST u131
    I think the Badgers slow style and tough defense will slow the tempo of the game down and cause a low scoring game. They have a very disciplined offense and defense and I'd like to see how senior center Brian Butch handles the task of KST's 6'10 freshman center Michael Beasley. I think his size and experience will enable him to handle the raw young talent of Beasley and give him a much more difficult time underneath. Either way, should be a good (low scoring) game.

**POSSIBILTY BETS **
    (bets I'm leaning towards but am not sure whether to take or not. I'm just going to pour some of my thoughts on paper and maybe you can make your decision from those or add to the thread)

UCLA-10
    I don't know, I like the Bruins here. They're practically at home and A&M doesn't have the best road record. The Aggies have been blown out when playing true opponents on the road. On the contrary, A&M played very well in the Big 12 Conference Championship knocking off a tough Kansas St and losing a close one to Kansas (neutral site). They also played well against BYU, who many people thought would win. All-in-all, i think it will depend on how things go tomorrow. This is a late game, taking place in Anaheim, I might see how I feel.... but I am definitely leaning towards the Bruins.

WASH ST/ND o131
    I gotta feeling this will be a pretty high scoring game. And when I first saw this O/U line, i felt it was too low. ND will certainly put on some offensive pressure and WST will do its part by keeping up or leading the way. I see this game going into the 140s or more.

WV+4
    Duke looked so unimpressive against Belmont almost losing and costing me my huge moneyline bet of the top seeded tournament favorites. WV handled Arizona nicely, despite the fact that I didnt think they deserved to be in the tournament and many thought they'd win the first round matchup. I think WV's perimeter shooting, especially if they're hot, will give the Blue Devils a run for their money and possibily a second round upset. I had it in my bracket even before the outcome of the first games. Duke is goin to have their hands full tomorrow!

Best of Luck!

Comment

Hey guys, great WV game! i wanted to get back to a computer and let u all know i'm goin with all my possibility bets. I just got a nice payout with ´WV+4 and with ML. Let see how the other follow through.

Comment

You're "going with" your WV "possibility" bet, now that it's over? :dunno:

lol....GL with the rest... :thumbs:

Comment

No Johnny, unlike most of you, I am not apart of a gaming site. I have to physically go to the gaming place, like Caliente here in Mexico City and then bet. I also do not get the games here so I have to go there and watch them (20mins away). I already laid my wager on the WISC/KST game, came back to my place for lunch and to post and im about to head back for whats left of the second half. I just didn't post about my WV bet. Like I said, it would be a pre game feeling type deal. I'm not tryin to artificially inflate my record. I just don't have the convenience of being next to my computer and watching the game. I wouldnt have put the bet in my possibilities if there wasn't a chance i'd bet on it, and in a way, i already did bet on the game since i mentioned the upset was in my bracket.

Comment

tough day today, went 2-4. Neitzel was hot and Pitt was not! A solid 32% from the field and 11% behind the arc compared ot 48% and 60% from downtown, thats tough to compete with. not the team I was planning on showing up. Got lucky with the WISC/KST game, scoring only 2 points in the last three and a half mins. Hopefully tomorrow will bring better luck!

YTD: 7-8-0

Comment

You will get 'em today, Ballins.
              NBA: 9-15, 31%
              NCAA CBB: 119-76, 61%
              MLB: 21-18, +10.47 UNITS
              NFL PRESEASON: 14-6
              NFL REG. SEASON: 51-34, 60%
              TOTALS: 1-3, 25%
              PLAYOFFS: 4-1
              NFL OVERALL: 68-44, 61%

NCAA FOOTBALL: