Harmonious NCAAB Sat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmonious NCAAB Sat

Great games today, today and tomorrow really are the days to sit there all day and watch what should be good games. I'll update the record later, down some for the tourney as a whole thus far.

1 UNIT
    Xavier (-3). This might be this first time all season I bet against Purdue, lol. They've been good to me all season and now I'm fading them here. Xavier woke up in the 2nd half and I think their poor play has people thinking that maybe they aren't that good, but the fact is that they are that good. I expect Lavendar and Duncan to have solid days and lead X offensively while Burrell clamps down on E'Twaan Moore leaving Hummell to carry the load.

West Virginia (+4.5). The perception of Duke is that they are "down". As much as I hate Duke, I have to disagree. If Duke is making 3's no one is beating them, and if they aren't they lose. I'll bank on Huggins to come up with the right defenses to defend the penetrate and kick offense. I like WVU's guards to handle the pressure of Duke's defense too. Mazzulla is underrated and Nichols is a senior who should be able to lead. Toss in Alexander's amazing play of late, and this one goes down to the last possession I think.

Pittsburgh ML (-165). Didn't get the opening line at 2 and it has since gone up, so I played the ML. The public is probably all over Pitt especially at the opening line, and deservedly so since they are the hottest team in the NCAA right now (comparatively speaking). This game should be an ugly, banger type game with the team with the bigger heart winning. The Big East teams have proved their worth and proved they are the best conference (that includes you Pac 10) going 7-1 in the first round. Memphis is on deck (if they get by Mississippi State). Levance Fields and Sam Young will the Panthers to victory today.

Wisconsin ML (-180). Are Michael Beasley and Bill Walker better than all 14 players on Wisky's roster put together and morphed into 2-3 guys? Yes, they are. Does that matter to Bo Ryan and Wisky? Not one bit. I'll give Walker and Beasley and Pullen and company about 13 minutes until they are frustrated and yelling at each other and pissed off because they can't figure out why no one can guard ****ty players like Joe Krabbenhoft and Jason Bohannon. Who they **** are these white guys? They are Wisconsin, and you will hate playing against them. You will be in the NBA and make millions, but they are going to Sweet 16 led Hughes, Landry, and Butch.

Washington State (-2.5). Talk about your contrast of styles. ND wants to beat you 84-82 and Wazzu wants to beat you 49-44. Arguably, Wazzu is the most disciplined team in the entire country. Add to that Coach Bennett being the best 2H coach in the universe IMHO (check out that 40-11 2H Thursday against Winthrop) and ND is going to struggle today I think. Weaver is a tremendous on ball defender and he should be able to neutralize McAlarney and even play PG Torey Jackson if Bennett wants him to. He's an athletic freak, and on offense he is a constant mismatch as well. Rochestie and Low are too highly intelligent guards and they will find open shots for themselves and other shooters like Harmeling. Baynes has the size to bother Harangody, who's struggled all season against bigger centers.

Stanford (-2.5). This game comes down to me feeling Marquette is just too sloppy with the basketball to win it. They turn it over at an alarming rate and Stanford should be able to take advantage of all their miscues. Robin Lopez is coming of a bad game last time out and will put up 20 and 10 tonight IMHO against a couple stiffs like Barro and Burke. He's got 2-3 inches on them to begin with and he's 100 times more skilled them both of them put together. I wouldn't be shocked if they both foul out and the Lopez brothers shoot about 20 free throws combined today. If Johnson and Goods can handle the Marquette pressure D this game will be a blowout, if they struggle it should be a tight one.

:thumbs:
    Last edited by CuseFan10; 03-22-2008, 11:47 AM. Reason: added stanford

GL today ChalkFan10 :thumbs:

Comment

GL Cuse :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
        GL today ChalkFan10 :thumbs:
        Haha, I'm laying 8 total points in 6 games (3 if you subtract the doggie)? IMHO this round more than any other is the round where the better team wins. These teams had one day to scout each other and get ready and I think many times the natural ability aspect and coaching/systems dominates the round of 32. Of course, i absolutely have no information or proof to back that up either, hahaha....

Last edited by CuseFan10; 03-22-2008, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
          Haha, I'm laying 5.5 total points in 5 games (1.5 if you subtract the doggie)? IMHO this round more than any other is the round where the better team wins. These teams had one day to scout each other and get ready and I think many times the natural ability aspect and coaching/systems dominates the round of 32. Of course, i absolutely have no information or proof to back that up either, hahaha....

Hah, I was just making reference to the favorite ML plays. Either way, GL today :thumbs:

Comment

Someone keep an eye on the news for Dookie/GamblinMan in a tizzy of rage because his beloved (and perennially overrated and overseeded) Pukies went down to mighty WVU!!!!

Keep missing those 3's fellas :cheery:

Comment

nice call :thumbs:

Comment

WV

Comment

thnx guys

Sean Miller, what the ****?????? Get your god damn team ready to play in the 1H already would you. This is now 3 games in a row they've completely taken a huge dump in the first ten minutes of the game.

Comment

so far so good

lets get these today .. x .. needs a little run here to close out the first half :beerbang:
                    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

huge 3 from lavender

lets get this x into sweet 16:beerbang:
                      Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

GL Cuse- Like all the remaining games save Stanford :thumbs:
                        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Add (forgot)

Not really sure how I forgot the best team in college basketball, but I did:

1 UNIT
                          UCLA (-9.5). I think WilliWonks said it best when he said Texas A&M just flat out quits on games when they go down. I expect UCLA to get up early, and Howland will not let there be a letdown for his kids in this one, he's too good a coach. The Aggies have no one that can guard Darren Collison or Russell Westbrook IMHO, and Love should be able to neutralize Joseph Jones and Deandre "All I Can Do Is Dunk" Jordan. Get up early, and step on their throats (hopefully).

Comment

4-3, ended up down cause Pitt ML. Congrats to the MSU bettors - great job there, deserved win!!!!

Comment

SUNDAY

First off, Happy Easter to everyone! Have a safe and happy holiday with your families and friends!

1 UNIT
                              San Diego/Western Kentucky OVER 132.5
                              Siena/Villanova OVER 145
                              Texas (-7.5)
                              Mississippi State (+9)
                              Butler/Tennessee OVER 140.5

1 UNIT TEASE
                              Texas (-0.5)/Louisville (Pk)/Georgetown (+1.5)

Comment

Working...
                              X