X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh McRoberts declares for NBA Draft

Ha... :nuts:

Ridiculous.

And before anyone says I'm bashing Duke, I'M NOT. He is clearly not an NBA ready player though. He will get eaten alive in the NBA. When you're 6'10'' and your best attribute is your passing, you got problems on the NBA level.

Comment

He has trouble scoring but will be a decent pro. Obviously he will get better on the offensive end, he is tall, athletic and does the little things well that you dont often find big men doing.

I sometimes feel like he just doesnt want to score or take over a game, that has to change. I wish him the best and he wont get eaten a live in the NBA.

Most Duke fans realized this was going to be his last year, I think he went a year too late because his draft stock would have been higher last year.

Hopefully this opens up the door for Patrick Patterson to come to Duke, if we cant get him then Zoubek is going to have to work on his offense and really step up for us next year or else we will be lacking in the middle. It does seem we lack in the middle every year, including in 2001 when we won the title.

As much as I like Josh, the offense may just improve next season.
      NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
      NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
      NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
      NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Can honestly say that he'll be better than Chris Mims ever thought he would/could be (remember that guy from Texas)! I actually think he'll be half decent....:beerbang:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Yea Cuse, gotta disagree with you there. I think his game is suited before for the NBA level then the college level.

He needs to pick up his scoring a little but with all the talent on those NBA rosters, the maximum he can score with decent playing time would be 10-12 ppg. Think he will be a fine player, gonna enjoy watching him.

Comment

Better than Danny Ferry or Christian Laettner that's for sure.....just kidding GM but I had to put up with the Ferry stuff as a Cavs fan! But, he's done a great job in the front office.
            Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

this guy will dissappear in the developemental league

mark my words

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                this guy will dissappear in the developemental league

mark my words
                Im sorry but he wont step foot in the developmental league...

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
                  Im sorry but he wont step foot in the developmental league...
                  wager?

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                    wager?
                    Well what if he gets injured? Obviously I can spend my money more wisely...lol

But your kidding yourself if you think he disappears in the NBADL, with his set of skills, he will have no problem fitting in with an NBA team.

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
                      Well what if he gets injured? Obviously I can spend my money more wisely...lol

But your kidding yourself if you think he disappears in the NBADL, with his set of skills, he will have no problem fitting in with an NBA team.
                      Set of skills... you mean passing? He's very mechanical on offense and struggles defending against big men.... These aren't just my opinions... google mcroberts and go to any nba scouting website.... they all say the same thing...

Comment

He's gotta do what he's gotta do, but I do firmly believe he should stay for 1 more year. He definately has the talent but staying one more year will help is BBall IQ. I mean he just didn't really establish himself that well this year w/ only averaging 13 pts and nearly 8 rebounds, which is good don't get me wrong but not great. I think one more year with the surrounding players returning and some fresh talent emerging, he could really develop nicely. Plus I think next year, Duke will have a much better season and he would receive much more recognition.

Comment

I dont know, after thinking what could he really improve by staying one more year in college?

Atleast now he will have an NBA coach tell me what exactly he wants from him at this level. He isnt going to be a big time scorer, is that what some of you are expecting? Hes going to be a solid NBAer. Not sure about this developmental league.

Skins, did you know players can actually improve in the NBA? lol, just because you arent outstanding in college doesnt mean you cant be good in the NBA. Come on now man.

Comment

Josh McRoberts Skill Set

Comment

Not sure what to make of McRoberts yet. He has skills and I'm sure he will develop further, but I really think things at the next level are in question on him.

I don't recall many DUKE players having successful careers at the NBA level.......Grant Hill, Carlos Boozer are probably at the top of that list that have though. DUKE players make great players at the college level, but seem to be average at the next level. But I do recall many average at best......and then the busts.

For such a strong powerhouse for years, DUKE doesn't even compare to the other top programs and the players they produce with solid NBA careers. Does this make coach K a great coach cause he gets them to play at the top of their game or beyond expectations at the college level to produce winning teams or a bad coach because he doesn't seem to develop them into solid NBA talent?

Comment

Working...
                              X