Most ridiculous quote of the CBI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most ridiculous quote of the CBI

this may be moved to general forum, but this made be belly laugh...

Tulsa coach tonight after the win on local radio,

"When we play bradley next there will only be 10 teams left in the NCAA playing basketball, we deserve a top 25 ranking."

Okay lets see.....You didn't make the NCAA top 65 team, nor did you make the 32 NIT teams, you made the 'lets give the losers of the losers tournament'......wouldnt this make you , if you win, the 98th best team in hoops...........:laughing:

This quote is the reason the CBI is a joke, not to mention the NIT championship may very likely be Florida vs Ohio State, last years NCAA championship game..

For junkies like me, glad they played as I made up some losses on the game, but damn do these guys really think they should be rated higher for winning this thing?:bang:

Action without thought is like shooting without aiming.

Originally posted by Hackman View Post
    this may be moved to general forum, but this made be belly laugh...

Tulsa coach tonight after the win on local radio,

"When we play bradley next there will only be 10 teams left in the NCAA playing basketball, we deserve a top 25 ranking."

Okay lets see.....You didn't make the NCAA top 65 team, nor did you make the 32 NIT teams, you made the 'lets give the losers of the losers tournament'......wouldnt this make you , if you win, the 98th best team in hoops...........:laughing:

This quote is the reason the CBI is a joke, not to mention the NIT championship may very likely be Florida vs Ohio State, last years NCAA championship game..

For junkies like me, glad they played as I made up some losses on the game, but damn do these guys really think they should be rated higher for winning this thing?:bang:
    I think he was joking when he said that but who knows we all know some people are alittle how do i say this....stupid.
    Predictem Record: (1 unit=$25)
    NHL TOTAL---> 21-17-0 (+10.47 units)
    CBB TOTAL---> 21-21-1 (-4.72 units)
    CFB TOTAL---> 0-0-0
    NBA TOTAL---> 0-0-0
    ---------------------------------------------------
    2010 TOTAL--->42-38-1 (5.75 units)
    2009 TOTAL--->198-177-9 (+7.62 units)

Comment

Actually, he continued on about how this should be an NIT team at least, then how proud his program can be of winning the 'tournament'...he thought maybe they should in future maybe the CBI winner should play the NIT winner, it was ridiculous......:laughing:

Action without thought is like shooting without aiming.

Comment

LOL then he falls in the stupid category. After the winners of the NIT/CBI play the winner of that game should play the NCAA tournament champ to see who really is number 1:laughing:

They should be proud of winning, its always great to win but at the same time, they must realize that the CBI or NIT is not the tournament they want to be competing in come late march.

Now when you see/hear people make too much of nothing it just goes to show you that theres either a problem with their goals or they except medeocrity. Thats the only thing i have a problem with when it comes to the CBI tournament. Adding tourney's or teams to the NCAA does nothing but apploud/reward teams for medeocrity. They have a hard time getting 65 worthy teams and when you got 15 and 16 seeds with virtually no chance at winning then whats the point of having 65, it actually should be less.

Could you imagine the NFL, NBA, NHL or MLB having a seperate playoffs for teams who missed the playoffs, how pointless and unexceptable would that be?
        Predictem Record: (1 unit=$25)
        NHL TOTAL---> 21-17-0 (+10.47 units)
        CBB TOTAL---> 21-21-1 (-4.72 units)
        CFB TOTAL---> 0-0-0
        NBA TOTAL---> 0-0-0
        2010 TOTAL--->42-38-1 (5.75 units)
        2009 TOTAL--->198-177-9 (+7.62 units)

Comment

Forgive me?

The CBI and the NIT merged?

Comment

Damn Im high I just saw

that the cbi is having a championship game. Go Tulsa!

Comment

Working...
            X