Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EdwardHaney "Rock Chalk" CBB Saturday (04/05/08)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EdwardHaney "Rock Chalk" CBB Saturday (04/05/08)

CBB OVERALL (+0.10 UNITS)

1 UNIT PLAYS: 25-29-1 (-6.90 UNITS)
    2 UNIT PLAYS: 2-0-0 (+4.00 UNITS)
    3 UNIT PLAYS: 1-0-0 (+3.00 UNITS)

Memphis -1.5 -110 (2 UNITS)
    UCLA

I'm going to give this one 2 units. I really think this is the Tigers' year and another step forward for Calipari's career. I like Memphis to take this one and perhaps win the whole thing. They're going to be thrilled about the opportunity to stick it to UCLA, who seems to be the public enemy lately. They have the players to do it. Some say they're overrated because they played in a weak conference, but I'm not concerned with C-USA right now, I'm concerned with Memphis only - these guys are steady ballin right now. UCLA has been living too dangerously and if you take away the Xavier game (where admittedly they looked very good) it's been a struggle for them over the past month. Oh and I'm not worried about the Tigers free throw shooting. If it is meant to be (and I believe it is) then enough of the free throws will go down.

Kansas +3 -110
    North Carolina

Losing this game is not an option for either team, and that is why it will be great. This is a matchup for the ages. The tradition that both of these schools have cannot be surpassed. There's more storylines in this game than I could even type out before tip off. Oh my, I can't believe this game is happening! It's been my dream matchup for years to see them cross paths in the tournament (because they don't play in the regular season, ever. And will not as long as Roy Williams is coaching). They met in the 1991 and 1993 tournaments, each school winning one time. Fast forward 15 years, here we are again. The winner plays for a national title, and the loser won't be able to show it's face for a really long time.

Kansas backup senior Rodrick Stewart blew his knee in practice Friday and was sent back home for surgery. He only played small minutes, but his teammates love him and I think the guys will feel this emotionally and use it in a postive way. Not that they needed any more motivation, but they got it anyways. Obviously I'm a KU fan, but my bet is honestly more of a "Roy Williams fade" than it is a homer pick. This is exactly the type of game that a Roy Williams coached teams loses. We saw Kansas struggle offensively against Davidson, but I can guarantee that UNC won't play nearly as good on the defensive end as Davidson did. They really did a commendable job last Sunday.

Jackson, Kaun, Arthur, Aldrich...Kansas has all kinds of bangers they can throw at Hansbrough. He will not have his way inside.

2-0, +3.00 units.

Not betting on the championship game, just going to enjoy it. I don't even have a lean.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk! Thanks for making North Carolina/Roy Williams look silly.

Signed,

The State of Kansas.

Comment

Working...
    X